2007-07-02 DMFA Vacation

Started by Meech, July 01, 2007, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on July 23, 2007, 08:56:25 AM
Sheesh, people give the US all sorts of grief for not allowing illegal immigrants free access to our country, yet Canada is even anal about letting its own citizens back in.

Typical liberal hypocrisy!

Liberals always telling us to walk to work and stop leaving lights on when they have monsterous gas-guzzling SUV limos and private jets that release more CO2 in one trip than the average family car does in a year and mansions that use more electricity than some small third-world countries!  Liberals who preach for wind farms and then complain vehemently that they can't build them in Massachusetts because it'll spoil their mountain view!

And even worse, now we can't sell home-baked pies in NJ because they're arbitrarily decided that it's a health risk!  Without any data at all on the incidence of food poisoning compared to what you usually find at a typical fast food restaurant (in various such establisments I've had food poisoning over a dozen times, but never from anything I myself made.)

Yes, what Mab must endure is just another part of the liberal plan to micromanage our lives until we're too weak and depressed to put up a fight when their Scientologist masters enact their plans for world domination.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!   >:O

*this message funded in part by the Young Oppressed Underappreciated Republicans for American Supremacy Society (YOURASS)* 

>:3 >:3 >:3

well, we all know that anarchy doesn't last forever, eventually somebody climbs to the top of the pecking order and it becomes a tyranny, then eventually revolution comes and it becomes the political methodology of your choice.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

bill

Quote from: Aurawyn on July 23, 2007, 11:11:19 AM
Quote from: Chaos on July 22, 2007, 05:52:27 PM
Tailsteak says that they are planning this one a little more, so there most likely won't be as much or, or as dramatic a problem if one occurs.

What happened the last time she tried to cross the Border? For those of us not in the know... :)
They found 4 kilos on her

Aurawyn

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 23, 2007, 11:13:21 AM
Tailsteak says that they are planning this one a little more, so there most likely won't be as much or, or as dramatic a problem if one occurs.

What happened the last time she tried to cross the Border? For those of us not in the know... :)
Har.. Har  ;)

Fuyudenki

That can't be right, if Amber only weighed 4 kilograms, she'd be a skeleton!

Turnsky

Quote from: Raist on July 23, 2007, 12:59:34 PM

That can't be right, if Amber only weighed 4 kilograms, she'd be a skeleton!

she was prolly smuggling mows.

Vidar

4 kilos of purple pixy-stix! Can anyone say "sugar high|?  :rolleyes
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Raist on July 23, 2007, 11:03:17 AM
I'm more upset about the thought policing and telling me that I'm performing hate crimes towards the hispanic, black, homosexual women by offering to hold the door open for them.
Since when? Why's holding doors suddenly a problem? :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: modelincard on July 23, 2007, 06:08:26 PM
I'm more upset about the thought policing and telling me that I'm performing hate crimes towards the hispanic, black, homosexual women by offering to hold the door open for them.

"Because the only reason you're doing it is because I'm a girl, and that's sexist."

more or less what one of my friends said.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Raist on July 23, 2007, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: modelincard on July 23, 2007, 06:08:26 PM

"Because the only reason you're doing it is because I'm a girl, and that's sexist."

When that happens, I respond, "No. *My* parents taught me manners." Then I let go of the door and walk away.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Damaris

Don't worry guys, we still have her.  We'll post if something happens.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

terrycloth

Quote from: Raist on July 23, 2007, 07:47:06 PM

I'm not a girl, and people always hold the door open for me.

I frickin' hate it when people hold open the door. Especially when I'm not really all that close behind them, and have to either continue walking at a normal pace and leave them holding it open for 20 seconds, or break into a run for their amusement. I want to murder them and set their pets on fire when they pull that.

But instead, I just continue walking at a normal pace and leave them holding it open for 20 seconds. *sigh*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: terrycloth on July 23, 2007, 08:39:44 PM
But instead, I just continue walking at a normal pace and leave them holding it open for 20 seconds. *sigh*

Which is all I'd ever expect, if I held the door for you. I'm doing it because I'm polite enough to hold the door for folks, not because I expect you to appreciate it. If you do, good. If not, that's also good.

As DarkAudit said, I do it because of -me-, not -you-. And that means I'll hold the door for anyone, regardless of gender. It's just who I am. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

It seems like a good moment get a boat...

GabrielsThoughts

:mowninja The zombies said they were sorry they missed you, but they had an appointment, and they are looking forward to meeting you after they take care of some business at the Mall of America.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Chaos

Quote from: Alondro on July 23, 2007, 08:56:25 AM
Sheesh, people give the US all sorts of grief for not allowing illegal immigrants free access to our country, yet Canada is even anal about letting its own citizens back in.

Typical liberal hypocrisy!

Liberals always telling us to walk to work and stop leaving lights on when they have monsterous gas-guzzling SUV limos and private jets that release more CO2 in one trip than the average family car does in a year and mansions that use more electricity than some small third-world countries!  Liberals who preach for wind farms and then complain vehemently that they can't build them in Massachusetts because it'll spoil their mountain view!

And even worse, now we can't sell home-baked pies in NJ because they're arbitrarily decided that it's a health risk!  Without any data at all on the incidence of food poisoning compared to what you usually find at a typical fast food restaurant (in various such establisments I've had food poisoning over a dozen times, but never from anything I myself made.)

Yes, what Mab must endure is just another part of the liberal plan to micromanage our lives until we're too weak and depressed to put up a fight when their Scientologist masters enact their plans for world domination.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!   >:O

*this message funded in part by the Young Oppressed Underappreciated Republicans for American Supremacy Society (YOURASS)* 

>:3 >:3 >:3

Um... you know that we are under a Conservative Government right now, right? These guys are our Right wingers.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Chaos on July 24, 2007, 12:39:57 AM
Um... you know that we are under a Conservative Government right now, right? These guys are our Right wingers.

Are you talking about the Democratic US congress, which has the lowest congressional rating in recorded United States of American history, or do you live elsewhere?(and the public thought a Republican congress was bad.)

Because technically speaking, the Judiciary and Congressional branches both have more power than the Executive branch, and both of them are largely Democratic at the moment, not Republican.

kaskar

:mowmeep Amazing about how called 'political fact' can be so flexible anywhere ...  What do you do if you step in it ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on July 24, 2007, 01:56:00 AM
I apologise to Amber for this hodge-podge of clips ...

Yes, you probably should.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

I don't get it. Is there a joke involved with the random placement of the Pip image?

Turnsky

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 24, 2007, 08:34:35 AM
I don't get it. Is there a joke involved with the random placement of the Pip image?

the only sense i can make out of it is the horrid JPEG artifacts that are abound in that pic.

other than that, i can't make heads or tails out of it..  Kaskar, a picture may well be worth a thousand words, but that frankenpic's not saying anything to me.  >:3

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2007, 08:20:01 AM
Quote from: kaskar on July 24, 2007, 01:56:00 AM
I apologise to Amber for this hodge-podge of clips ...

Yes, you probably should.

I bow to people's tastes ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

DarkAudit

Quote from: Turnsky on July 24, 2007, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: BillBuckner on July 24, 2007, 08:34:35 AM

the only sense i can make out of it is the horrid JPEG artifacts that are abound in that pic.

other than that, i can't make heads or tails out of it..  Kaskar, a picture may well be worth a thousand words, but that frankenpic's not saying anything to me.  >:3

What it was saying to me has already been said louder and better by others... and would make the Censorship Pandas cry.  :erk
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

terrycloth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 23, 2007, 09:32:14 PM
As DarkAudit said, I do it because of -me-, not -you-. And that means I'll hold the door for anyone, regardless of gender. It's just who I am. *shrug*

Exactly -- it's about the person holding the door open scoring social points. Not running to the door lets them score more, running to the door lets them score more of a different type -- it's lose lose for the person getting the door held open for them. The only way for the victim to win is to pretend that you weren't actually going through that door anyway until they give up, but that's a little too petty even for me. I don't care about the points enough to inconvenience myself by going to a different door, like I should if I wanted to win.

Naldru

Quote from: terrycloth on July 24, 2007, 04:10:11 PM

Exactly -- it's about the person holding the door open scoring social points. Not running to the door lets them score more, running to the door lets them score more of a different type -- it's lose lose for the person getting the door held open for them. The only way for the victim to win is to pretend that you weren't actually going through that door anyway until they give up, but that's a little too petty even for me. I don't care about the points enough to inconvenience myself by going to a different door, like I should if I wanted to win.

Believe it or not, some of the people holding the door open aren't looking for social points.  If I'm going through a door and see that somebody is behind me, are you saying that the proper thing to do is to slam the door in their face so that they have to open it themselves?

The person having the door held open for themselves is truly a self made victim.  Their perception of a slight is based on their own erroneous perception of the motives of the other person.  In fact, I have often found such a reaction based on the idea that they wouldn't hold the door open for smebody else.  Since they view themselves as decent and they wouldn't hold the door open for somebody else, anybody who holds the door open for them must be doing it for an indecent reason.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

crimson_wolf

Hmm I usually hold the door open for people. In my little town wich is apparently a city but i'll always see it as a town by the time you actually open the door the person is through it and your walking away. However if they even attempt to speak to me they get a death glare. I do it because it doesn't take that much time and just because i'm nice doesn't mean i want to talk to them. Unfortunatly they can't seem to grasp that even though i'm wearing a t-shirt with big letters that says "anti-social-that means go away."
I like that shirt.

Also, have fun on your vacation Amber. 

King Of Hearts

hmm... what will we be 'aving for Miss Amber when she gets back?

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 24, 2007, 11:41:43 PM
hmm... what will we be 'aving for Miss Amber when she gets back?

Lip. :3

Alondro

Quote from: crimson_wolf on July 24, 2007, 11:28:27 PM
Hmm I usually hold the door open for people.

*Charline grins*  So do I.  And then as they're walking through I slam it in their faces and leap upon them as they fall to the ground.  Then I rip open their torsos and devour their organs! 

*Charline was apparently acquired from Count D's "Petshop of Horrors"*

:mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Alondro on July 25, 2007, 12:28:47 AM
Quote from: crimson_wolf on July 24, 2007, 11:28:27 PM
Hmm I usually hold the door open for people.

*Charline grins*  So do I.  And then as they're walking through I slam it in their faces and leap upon them as they fall to the ground.  Then I rip open their torsos and devour their organs! 

:mwaha

Is it a bad thing when I actually consider that as a valid option, even for a moment?

I may be more messed up in the head than usual right now.  I've just decided to quit attending my weekly Bible study.

crimson_wolf

Alondro quote.
(*Charline grins*  So do I.  And then as they're walking through I slam it in their faces and leap upon them as they fall to the ground.  Then I rip open their torsos and devour their organs! 

:mwaha)

Interesting tactic...i suppose thats one way to get an easy meal.

Raist quote.
(I may be more messed up in the head than usual right now.  I've just decided to quit attending my weekly Bible study.)

I stopped doing anything bible related years ago by my will.The only times I did i was dragged there. I don't like persistance and nearly everyone in my town has perfected it...I need to move to a different city.