2007-07-02 DMFA Vacation

Started by Meech, July 01, 2007, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

I'm not stopping because it's Bible-related, I'm stopping because it's fairly shallow.  For the past 3 weeks, I've gone, and gotten nothing out of it.  The lessons were stuff I already knew, or failed to pay attention to, the songs were selections only the song leaders knew, and there are people there I would just rather avoid.

If I keep going, that's just false worship, to me, and false worship is worse than hardcore Athiesm.

crimson_wolf

I don't like worshiping it sounds so... controlling. I prefer to just keep it in mind but not do any events with it. That way your still in the general group but you don't have to deal with anyone else. Besides everything in there is past the only things worth knowing are the things to come...or at least thats my opinion.

Alondro

Heh, in our church we have very deep discussions.  There's a regular sermon for about half and hour to 45 mins, rarely a full hour, at around noon and a simple little worship service, but in the morning we have a Sabbath School class, which often gets into very deep stuff.  And when I was younger and had more time, we'd sometimes meet after church to discuss things further.  Some of those group discussions lasted 6 hours!  I like intellectual debates.   :)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Raist on July 25, 2007, 06:25:18 PMI'm not stopping because it's Bible-related, I'm stopping because it's fairly shallow.  For the past 3 weeks, I've gone, and gotten nothing out of it.  The lessons were stuff I already knew, or failed to pay attention to, the songs were selections only the song leaders knew, and there are people there I would just rather avoid.

Try and find one that skews older, probably to those who are out of college and are looking for intellectual discussion.  If they start singing songs, get out.  You can find some groups that have a hardcore intellectual bent, but it will take some looking.  Some denominations are not known for their intellectual rigor, so you may have to look to other denominations.  Good luck.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Raist on July 23, 2007, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: modelincard on July 23, 2007, 06:08:26 PM
Since when? Why's holding doors suddenly a problem? :<
"Because the only reason you're doing it is because I'm a girl, and that's sexist."

more or less what one of my friends said.
The answer to that is "Would you mind if a girl held the door for you?".
If they say "no", say "that's sexist". If they say "yes", ask why... :mwaha
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.