Possible Emotes (warning gif heavy)

Started by thegayhare, June 15, 2007, 01:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Quote from: superluser on June 17, 2007, 04:30:48 PM
Quote from: Zina on June 17, 2007, 02:21:53 PMWhy? We have a bunch of emotes right now that are different from the standard smiley face. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a theme involved when it comes to the emotes.

I think his point is that the emotes are of a different style than the others and might seem out of place.

Of course, that's kind of negated by the fact that we already have different styles.

:)  :mowsmile  :kittycool

And that was exactly my point. There's no set style or theme when it comes to the emotes. So I don't see how these would be considered "out of place" when there really isn't a "place" to begin with.

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on June 17, 2007, 04:30:48 PM
Quote from: Zina on June 17, 2007, 02:21:53 PMWhy? We have a bunch of emotes right now that are different from the standard smiley face. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a theme involved when it comes to the emotes.

I think his point is that the emotes are of a different style than the others and might seem out of place.

Of course, that's kind of negated by the fact that we already have different styles.

:)  :mowsmile  :kittycool
Holy crap he said it D:

Netrogo

Said what? That they're different and will seem out of place?

We have Kevin Freaking Sorbo with a Parrot as an emoticon. NOTHING is out of place here.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Aridas

It's just a picture. There are other pictures here and on other forums. Your want to put apples in our oranges and kumquats. :<

Arcalane

Nikki

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 17, 2007, 07:31:57 PM
It's just a picture. There are other pictures here and on other forums. Your want to put apples in our oranges and kumquats. :<
but you have the option of not using the apples. no one's gonna make you use them. Keep your oranges and Kumquats and let the other people have the apples

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Aridas

But we have way too many oranges and kumquats as it is, so why load a ton of apples on top of them? >_>

bill

Nikki

get rid of some of them. the dude with the parrot..that...freaky one...and alot that just don't make sense and seem to be there just to fill up space.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zina

All this talk of fruit is making me want a smoothie.
From now on, all our emotes will be of smoothies. Problem solved.

bill

Aridas

Well then you're going to have to mix a few of the current ones, aren't you?

Zina

For smoothies? Ok.
Emote smoothies. Sounds delicious.

Nikki

ooo smoothies.
Yes. Smoothies solve everything!

bill

Nikki

and cookies. lots and lots of cookies.

Back on track!

i think we should have the Emotes ^^ they're really cool and...well..awesome XD

Zina

I think this is a good idea, and we should use these from now on.
I'd ask for your thoughts, but I feel I don't need them, as this idea is far too good.

bill

Nikki

thegayhare

*drinks a sad and goes to take a nap*

superluser

Quote from: Zina on June 17, 2007, 06:05:34 PMThere's no set style or theme when it comes to the emotes. So I don't see how these would be considered "out of place" when there really isn't a "place" to begin with.

Yeah, I was looking for an excuse to post those three styles, and I thought your message was the best one to attach them to.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 17, 2007, 07:11:55 PMHoly crap he said it D:

Said what?  That there are already three styles, so adding a fourth shouldn't be a problem from a stylistic point of view?

Zina, those emotes are great.  One thing though--the faces should be green, not yellow.  You know I'm right.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

Quote from: superluser on June 17, 2007, 09:37:32 PM

Zina, those emotes are great.  One thing though--the faces should be green, not yellow.  You know I'm right.

Quote from: Zina on June 17, 2007, 07:59:23 PM
I'd ask for your thoughts, but I feel I don't need them, as this idea is far too good.

>:[

Damaris

Kevin Sorbo is not just taking up space.  He is perfect.  It's those darn smile-ish ones that are weird.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

18 demerits and a swift kick to the ass for anyone that disses the Kevin Sorbo emote.

Sorbo wants your heart!

:sorbo
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

thegayhare

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Netrogo

I wasn't dissing the Sorbo. Sorbo rocks! I was dissing Aridas and his bizarre facination with thinking there's a theme to the emoticons here when there REALLY I mean REALLY freaking isn't! Only a complete idiot would look at the long list of emotes here and think here's a them.

This  :B  and this  :erk   Sure they fit in the same theme. But then you go further into the list and you compare this :ipod to :sorbo

I am racking my brain Aridas and for the life of me I cannot see WHERE you see a theme in these, there's about 6 full series of emoticons in there and then a whole plethora of random crap that was plucked from the deepest bowels of the goddam internet.

If you just plain don't like the bunnies then come right out and say it cuz honestly there is no theme here, and if there is in some strange way I'd love for you to actually show us what you mean.

Damaris

Really, there is a theme.

What the admins find funny and/or useful.

And that is it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Netrogo

Quote from: Damaris on June 19, 2007, 08:16:28 AM
Really, there is a theme.

What the admins find funny and/or useful.

And that is it.

Now THAT makes sense. I doubt that's what Aridas is aiming at as far as theme though. But atleast THAT one makes sense :giggle

Aridas

Well, I guess that's not up for debate, but anyway, I should try clarifying my point as much as I can remember at this point.

As far as I've seen across the interwebs, there are three types of forum emotes:

Smileys
Sprites
Pictures

And aside from the fact TGH's lack transparency and would look ugly on pretty much any theme of this forum, I feel it falls into some category between "weird thing" and "awfully boring looking", as far as my definition of those categories go, and that's with variance from image to image. Still, there's a lot of excess there that are likely not going to get added anyway, as they already have equivalents here.

Oh, and there's no emotion in those emotes :<

Yeah, so I think I covered all the negative, so my work here is done.