The Crow Flies Again! ..... wut?

Started by Jim Halisstrad, December 28, 2008, 04:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

It's been a mere fourteen years since teeny Goths had their panties moistened; yet Hollywood has decided to dump this madness upon us.
This begs the question, are we going to see movies of a similar quality have remakes?
Movies like, 'Biodome', 'Dude, Where's My Car', or 'Breakin' 2, electric boogaloo'?
Plus, this is the same douche who directed Blade.  Which makes me vomit into my mouth every time I think of it :<

*Edit*

He did, however, direct 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  Which earns him Jim Brownie Points.

TheDXM

Janus Whitefurr

I remember the original movie fondly.

I have the graphic novel on my shelf.

Whether this will be as good remains to be seen.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

superluser

Hey, another Alex Proyas film?  I'll see it.

*reads article*

Oh.  Oh, no.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

Only the first Crow movie was any good, and, as much of a fan of it as I am, I have to admit that had Brandon Lee lived through the filming, it might not have the title of "awesome" movie. It was good, but could have been better.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Kipiru

I'll extend Darkmoon's comment by saying that goes for both movies so far! Both were fun to watch, but weren't anything special! Same goes for the TV series (though Mark Dacascos rules)! So I would expect very little of this upcoming project, with the hope of being pleasantly surprised!

Darkmoon

There were four Crow movies, fyi.

The Crow
The Crow: City of Angels (crap)
The Crow: Salvation (utter crap)
The Crow: Wicked Prayer (I didn't even manage to find a copy to call crappy, that's how bad it was)

Kipiru

Holly s***! I didn't have a clue there were 2 more! Not that I'll ever see them! Thanks for the info though, I have a friend who would be interested to know that!

Mao

I knew of them, and sometimes wish I didn't.

Zina

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 29, 2008, 02:46:13 PM
There were four Crow movies, fyi.

The Crow
The Crow: City of Angels (crap)
The Crow: Salvation (utter crap)
The Crow: Wicked Prayer (I didn't even manage to find a copy to call crappy, that's how bad it was)

I say Wicked Prayer on TV once. As soon as he started putting on his "makeup" with a sharpie, I decided it was time to change the channel.

Darkmoon

A sharpie?

Dude! That makes it so bad I have to watch!

Mao

I kinda just want to walk up to the folks responsible for everything past the first one and implore them to stop ruining one of my all time favorite graphic novels/movies.  It needs to stop.  Won't anyone think about the future generations of whiny goths turned respectable office drones?

Darkmoon

You know... I didn't really dig the comic all that much. I felt the movie was tighter and more interesting.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 30, 2008, 11:22:11 AM
You know... I didn't really dig the comic all that much. I felt the movie was tighter and more interesting.

The comic/graphic novel/whatever they like to call them these days is a lot more... I can't think of the word. It kind of drifts around from point to point. It's art, or something like that. I like them both as entirely different representations of the same thing~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Darkmoon

Even though he's a hit or miss filmmaker, I would have enjoyed seeing Rob Zombie's Crow. He wanted to film a girl Crow flick set in the Wild West.

Lysander

I very much enjoyed The Crow. I wonder how this new rendition will turn out.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Alondro

The Crow kinda sorta looks like Ulquiorra. 

I guess that makes him cool.

:B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif