[Art] The Panther's Art Station (6/26--Two Holiday Cards and an Aisha Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 05, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteFox

He certainly looks Paladinly.

Paladinish?

Paladinic?

Er, imperious. Yeah.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

I love the armor design and the color pattern for his clothing! You do still have some way to go with drawing warrior attire, but you get points for vision! Plus the glowing tattoo is spot on, really makes him look like something more than the next fighter! Keep it up!

Aisha deCabre

Thanks, glad you guys liked it. :3  I actually like designing armor, oughta do it more often.

Here's something else I should draw more often too: Dinos!

Read the artist's comments for the short story behind this funny lil' piece.  To reiterate though, try not to lecture me on dromeosaur anatomy (I looked at another artist's impression of said dinosaur and know what I got wrong), since this was drawn purely for fun. x3  But y'all have Boogeyman, Gabi, and Keaton to thank for the inspiration. :3

What next... >>
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

This is fun, you should do a whole series of "Reasons why dinosaurs shouldn't live in modern times", something like those hilarious rabbit commercials for Rayman:Raving Rabbits. As for the dinos themselves, they look more cartoony than anything, so commenting on their anatomy would be silly.And again a very pleasant color scheme(someone might start grumbling about how that set of colors could never work as camouflage in nature, but as I said- i see the raptors as drawn in a cartoony style).

Paladin Sheppard

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Kipiru on January 24, 2009, 03:25:03 AM
This is fun, you should do a whole series of "Reasons why dinosaurs shouldn't live in modern times", something like those hilarious rabbit commercials for Rayman:Raving Rabbits. As for the dinos themselves, they look more cartoony than anything, so commenting on their anatomy would be silly.And again a very pleasant color scheme(someone might start grumbling about how that set of colors could never work as camouflage in nature, but as I said- i see the raptors as drawn in a cartoony style).

Heh, thanks, maybe I should.  I've already got a few neat ideas. xP  Glad you like the color scheme too.  I admit for the patterning I was trying to go for something like tiger stripes, but it didn't quite work out.  I wanna do that where I don't just draw tiger stripes like lil' triangles coming off the edges of the body contours. x3

I'm surprised actually that's the first thing someone noticed, and not that the raptors should probably have feathers all over.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 25, 2009, 12:38:02 PM

I'm surprised actually that's the first thing someone noticed, and not that the raptors should probably have feathers all over.  :P

Not necessarily. They develop feathers in a later stage of their evolution, but in the beginning are just like all other dinosaurs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kipiru on January 25, 2009, 12:54:56 PM
Not necessarily. They develop feathers in a later stage of their evolution, but in the beginning are just like all other dinosaurs.

I believe you're thinking about Archaeopteryx, but my dinosaur information is a little out of date (like, about 20 years) so I might have missed recent theories.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kipiru

No llearch, I'm thinking raptors, a friend of mine is a fanatic on the subject, so I picked up a thing or too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Raptors evolved into Archaeopteryx, which evolved into birds?

I mean, my understanding was that A was the precursor to birds, the first dinosaur that we knew of at the time that had feathers. Or at least the things that grew into feathers.

Care to enlighten me otherwise?

Kipiru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2009, 02:02:03 PM
Raptors evolved into Archaeopteryx, which evolved into birds?

I mean, my understanding was that A was the precursor to birds, the first dinosaur that we knew of at the time that had feathers. Or at least the things that grew into feathers.

Care to enlighten me otherwise?

The Archaeopteryx is the first creature found with feathers that linked the birds and dinosaurs, but later have surfaced new theories which portray raptors as having rudimentary feathers in the later stages of their development!

llearch n'n'daCorna

IOW, I was right. Raptors are an early Archaeopteryx.

Thanks for the clarification, though.

Aisha deCabre

Glad y'all liked the raptors.  I really need to practice on those dinos.  :U

But now, new picture.  Kipiru has requested that I draw his character, and how here's the result.

I grabbed a reference for the armor this time...and I hate that sword, no matter how straight I got it on the sketch, it always comes out differently in Photoshop...also hope that you don't mind his tail being like that of what unicorns are supposed to have in mythology.  :B

Enjoy!

Who says unicorns are only for girls?  >:3

Also as a reminder to peeps, I'm still open for commissions.  Details here.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

HOLY HORNY WARRIOR HORSES! I love it Aisha! Now that really is some armor- slender and gracefull! And the vivid colors...and...and I love everything about this picture. Thank you so much!  :boogie

Oh, and I don't mind the tail, it fits in with his look.  :mowwink

Lysander

Nice. The outline is very smooth and the color and shading on the armor is great.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Aisha deCabre

Thanks again for the comments guys. x3

New picture!  A little surprise in the spirit of Valentine's Day...

A picture of the Lounge dance scene, only remade and a little more fitting.  Because I've gotten a little better, I figured that is one of the pictures that deserves a redraw, and so I saved it.  I hope you like it, Gar, for you deserve it, and I do hope your day was alright. ^^

I realize there must be a few things wrong with it, but it's hopefully a better attempt than the first one. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Paladin Sheppard

Aisha, why is this not on DA so I can fav it??? Tis a very lovely pic, Gar you be a lucky man!

Gareeku

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 16, 2009, 09:02:45 AM
Aisha, why is this not on DA so I can fav it??? Tis a very lovely pic, Gar you be a lucky man!

Oh you don't have to remind me. I already know that. ^^

WhiteFox

Quote from: Kipiru on February 14, 2009, 08:04:52 PM
Wow, Aisha, one can actually feel the connection between the two!

I was talking with a wiser artist then I, and one of the things that came up was that there is a big difference between two characters next to each other on a page, and a drawing of two people next to each other. One of those really subtle things that you can't really teach, it just comes with practice.

So, yeah, nicely done there.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Aisha deCabre

I wish I wasn't too lazy to include every quote here.  But you guys are all awesome; thanks for taking the time to comment, even if a couple days late.  And I hope everyone's Valentine's day weekend was good!  :hug

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 16, 2009, 09:02:45 AM

I don't have to put anything on DA I don't want to.  Nyeh!  :P  But still, glad you like it. :3

Quote from: Gareeku on February 16, 2009, 03:30:24 PM
Oh you don't have to remind me. I already know that. ^^

I still say I'm very lucky myself. ^^  :tighthug

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 16, 2009, 06:02:53 PM
Quote from: Kipiru on February 14, 2009, 08:04:52 PM
Wow, Aisha, one can actually feel the connection between the two!

I was talking with a wiser artist then I, and one of the things that came up was that there is a big difference between two characters next to each other on a page, and a drawing of two people next to each other. One of those really subtle things that you can't really teach, it just comes with practice.

So, yeah, nicely done there.

I'm honored, thanks. ^^  If I try to be good at anything in a picture, it's emotion, and especially for this one.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Sorry to bump this up so soon, but now, a couple of new things, and one that probably should be put up now anyway. x3

First a page from a comic that I've started working on featuring my very first OC.  Though I've pretty much given up on her as a main OC, she still has a little place for a story that I wanted to at least start.  Other info and links to the next pages are in the author's comments.  Enjoy if you want. x3

And secondly...I know that the Secret Santa pictures haven't been revealed yet, and I said to myself that I wouldn't post mine in my art topic until they have been...but I guess now's as good a time as any to give someone their picture.

In fact I sent them their picture via PM and haven't gotten any reply back, so I'm just putting this up to make sure they know it exists.  x3  Happy late Christmas present, Jairus.

Enjoy! :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Jairus

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 19, 2009, 12:38:57 PM
In fact I sent them their picture via PM and haven't gotten any reply back, so I'm just putting this up to make sure they know it exists.  x3  Happy late Christmas present, Jairus.
Heheh, sorry. I thought I did respond. Thank you very much, Aisha! :hug Merry Belated Christmas!

Quote from: Gabi on February 19, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
Nice! I wonder what's in the box.
Based on the pose... I'd say Yorrick's skull. :giggle Nah, no clue. Maybe it's a model.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Kipiru

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 01:14:14 PM

Based on the pose… I'd say Yorrick's skull.

"To open before Xmas or not? That is of little importance to me!"  :)

And as for the comic- AWESOME! The dolphin, the orka- it's like a flashback of "Startide Rising"! Even the dolphin in the last page reminds me of Kipiru(the dolphin pilot from the book). Keep the pages coming Aisha!

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 19, 2009, 12:38:57 PM
Heheh, sorry. I thought I did respond. Thank you very much, Aisha! :hug Merry Belated Christmas!

Based on the pose... I'd say Yorrick's skull. :giggle Nah, no clue. Maybe it's a model.

Heh, the gift's whatever you want it to be.  *Sudden dramatic evil music plays* >>

:hug  Anyway, glad you like it!

And thanks Gab and Kip.  ^^  I'll try to keep the pages coming. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mao