[Art] The Panther's Art Station (6/26--Two Holiday Cards and an Aisha Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 05, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2009, 02:00:57 PM
Quote from: Gabi on February 19, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
Nice! I wonder what's in the box.

*looks innocent*

Evil.  Pure and unabated evil.

Oh, there's nothing dangerous inside Boxy...

*looks in Box: something eats face*
*is now faceless*
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Yes, yes, evil all around, we all know.  :rolleyes

Heh.  Now to put a couple of pictures up here before I forget them.  They're ones I put up on DA some time ago and keep putting off.

The seventh page of that comic for anyone who's following here and can't do so on DA.  I'll keep posting pages here too for the interested, so no worries. x3

And also: A song-pic featuring Aisha.  That pose was rather a bit of trouble, but, I think I got it down just a smidge. x3  The lyrics are from Within Temptation, and I think they fit Aisha well in a couple of ways.  Some may guess whom she might be waiting for. ^^

I plan on doing other song-pics too, because some of the songs I listen to really fit some of my characters perfectly.  In fact, the next may either be Within Temptation's "Hand of Sorrow" for Ayan, or "Aquarius" for a water dragon from a forgotten story I try (tried) to write.

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

As I stated before I love the whole dolphin and orca under the sea thing, but shouldn't they be a bit more hostile towards eachother- they are natural enemies. At least the orca should be a bit more untrusting. Still, I think this is awesome and can't wait for more development!

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Kipiru on March 05, 2009, 03:00:16 AM
As I stated before I love the whole dolphin and orca under the sea thing, but shouldn't they be a bit more hostile towards eachother- they are natural enemies. At least the orca should be a bit more untrusting. Still, I think this is awesome and can't wait for more development!

Glad you like it Kipiru, but I am an animal geek; I do know how they should be towards each other.  There's a reason Cariu isn't as hostile as she seems, and a reason Aramos shows no fear, other than the fact that he can't see her really.

Plus the very elements should tell you this is a work of fiction anyway.   :P  As people are usually told when reading DMFA, perhaps, my best advice is to sit back and enjoy it. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 05, 2009, 03:08:12 AM
my best advice is to sit back and enjoy it. x3

*sits back with a bag of popcorn and some soda* And enjoy it I will!  :mowwink

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like the pose, Aisha. And, scanning back through the comic, it looked interesting enough to follow, even without the excellent artwork...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Thanks for the encouraging comments, guys. ^^  Now I've got a couple new pictures, but along the same lines as the other two.

First, another song-pic.  This time, featuring Aisha's brother.  The undead Ayan showing off his magic with the lyrics "Hand of Sorrow" by Within Temptation, which considering his past exploits I felt fit him rather well.  Quite fun and easy drawing those jaguar spots.  I just hope I made him look undead enough. x3

And here's the next comic page.  The comic will be going on a bit of a haitus however, until I get a bit more of an idea of pacing and storyline.

Hope y'all enjoy. ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 06, 2009, 05:19:06 PM
The comic will be going on a bit of a haitus however, until I get a bit more of an idea of pacing and storyline.

Hope y'all enjoy. ^^

And how! Too bad for the wait ahead, but I know how this goes, so I understand perfectly. Can't wait for more though :) Aramos rules!

Aisha deCabre

Thanks for everyone's understanding about the comic.  Hopefully I'll find some time to storyboard it properly.

In the meantime, I had a request drawing that I only just got finished now, so I apologize for the wait and I hope it came out okay. x3

My rendition of Palpuppy for Paladin.

As the chibi Aisha stipulates, that lil' face hides an ebil mastermind.  Ebil I tell you! xP  But anyway I don't think it came out half-bad for one of my first attempts at a feral-ish puppy.

Enjoy y'all.

And just in case anyone forgot: Commissions info here.  x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Arroyo Milori

The eyes...look kind of crossed to me.  They are also not symmetrical, seeing one pupil is higher than the other. The fangs look kind of weird too. But other than that it's not bad.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 17, 2009, 07:13:56 PM
The eyes...look kind of crossed to me.  They are also not symmetrical, seeing one pupil is higher than the other. The fangs look kind of weird too. But other than that it's not bad.

Heh, the sketch was actually more symmetrical.  I tend to be lazy with Photoshop lineart sometimes.

But I'm glad it's liked.  Thanks for taking the time to comment. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Paladin Sheppard

Heheh Awesome Aisha! He looks great, but is it just me or are his headwings white instead of blue?

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on March 17, 2009, 08:19:55 PM
Heheh Awesome Aisha! He looks great, but is it just me or are his headwings white instead of blue?

*Headslap*  Yeah, they're white.  I kinda took a cue from how Paige's wings looked.  I didn't think Pal was different considering they were the same person/related.  I'll fix it now. xP

Edit: Done. x3  Sorry about that.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Cute little thing! As for the symmetry issues- I don't think they are noticeable, I even think that the fangs look asymmetrical due to the chin-fur swaying to one side. As for the eyes, a lot of long snout animals may look cross-eyed if looked from the front. Great stuff Aisha!

Aisha deCabre

I'm glad the picture was liked.  Thanks, people, for the nice comments and tips. ^^

Anyway, here's a couple more things that I think peeps will like.

The first is a little hop into my head, what I was thinking of for a while that I decided to make a little comic out of it, just for laughs.  Really, who hasn't thought about this at one point in time? xP

And the second is another nice dragon drawing from me.  An Oriental dragon watching his lil' treasure.  Just something random I decided to sketch and color yesterday. x3

Hope you guys like 'em!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lisky

would it upset you if i told you've i've pondered the same thing from the comic...

as for the art itself, great work Aisha... the dragon is pretty amazing, and it makes me realize i need to start working on my coloring skills again

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

James StarRunner

I especially like the comic. I've wondered that myself! XD

WhiteFox

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 25, 2009, 04:28:15 PM
The first is a little hop into my head, what I was thinking of for a while that I decided to make a little comic out of it, just for laughs.  Really, who hasn't thought about this at one point in time? xP

*Non-perscription glasses*

Well, unless you were drinking water while you slept, you wouldn't need to pee any more badly after 1000 years of sleep then 8 hours, really.

*Rubs chin intellectually*

I think way too much about these things.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 27, 2009, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 25, 2009, 04:28:15 PM

*Non-perscription glasses*

Well, unless you were drinking water while you slept, you wouldn't need to pee any more badly after 1000 years of sleep then 8 hours, really.

*Rubs chin intellectually*

I think way too much about these things.

Heh, I do too much thinking too.  On that end, shouldn't you have to anyway even if you didn't drink?  Considering that the body continually filters waste out of the blood and expels it as urine as well as whatever you drank, I'd think you'd still have to go as badly...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

GabrielsThoughts

I thought they played with the Idea of the monster pee urge with Austin Powers...and it was only funny that one time
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aisha deCabre

Heh, well it's only funny if you think about it, I guess.

Anyway, more drawlings! :3

My brother requested that I draw his new drake-sona, and I think it came out pretty well.  He thinks so too.  As the comments say, my bro happens to be the skinny-as-a-rake type of person, and I tried to copy a bit of that body structure here.  I hope I'm getting at least a little better at anatomy. xP

And also, The previous picture of an Asian dragon gave me a bit of an idea.  God save me, I couldn't help but put pencil to paper and color the result.   :B

Hope they're liked!

As always, My commission info is here.  But I have decided to reopen requests for a little bit as well, since I'm on such an art kick.  Five so far will be open slots...front page, first post, down near the bottom for link to info.  So if anyone wants a picture, give a holler. ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Arroyo Milori

I like your art. : 3 I think you need a bit more work on drawing dragons (Not the first one, the second one.) and the shading in the second one looks kind of...weird. I have seen shading like this done many times but it always...rubs me the wrong way.

OoOo~ Requests. Mind if I PM you mine?  ^ ^

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 03, 2009, 11:50:59 PM
I like your art. : 3 I think you need a bit more work on drawing dragons (Not the first one, the second one.) and the shading in the second one looks kind of...weird. I have seen shading like this done many times but it always...rubs me the wrong way.

What about the dragons do you think I need work on?  I can take criticism but you'll have to be specific. ^^;

Heh, and I dunno about the shading, not many people have complained about that style before.  It's still my style though, and I understand you can't please everybody all the time.

Glad you like it though!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 04, 2009, 12:08:16 PM

What about the dragons do you think I need work on?  I can take criticism but you'll have to be specific. ^^;

Heh, and I dunno about the shading, not many people have complained about that style before.  It's still my style though, and I understand you can't please everybody all the time.

Glad you like it though!
I think the head might need some work. But the shading, I think the only reason why I don't like it is because my mind is still stuck in sprites, where if you tempt to do that type of shading in sprites, it tends to give it a gradient or pillow shaded look. : L

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 04, 2009, 12:25:12 PM

Glad you like it though!
I think the head might need some work. But the shading, I think the only reason why I don't like it is because my mind is still stuck in sprites, where if you tempt to do that type of shading in sprites, it tends to give it a gradient or pillow shaded look. : L

Ahh...heh, it's a good thing I don't work with sprites, then.  It's a good argument if I did work with sprites...but I work with making detailed, almost-realistic pictures in Photoshop.  That kind of shading should be alright for me, and I definitely prefer it over my old cel-shading method.

As for the dragon heads...I still don't know what you mean. ^^;;  I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pressing the matter too much, but as an artist I like opportunities to hear how I can do better.  Just telling me that I need work on something isn't being very specific. x3

For example, do the heads not look like that of an Eastern dragon?  (Considering that dragons are very customizable creatures, almost everybody has a different perception of what they look like.  Some would actually like to try and draw them with the head of a camel, etc., like how they're described.)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

I find I particularly liked the story that went with the second dragon pic :3 And all the pics themselves were quite nice, too :)

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 04, 2009, 12:34:10 PM

Glad you like it though!

Ahh...heh, it's a good thing I don't work with sprites, then.  It's a good argument if I did work with sprites...but I work with making detailed, almost-realistic pictures in Photoshop.  That kind of shading should be alright for me, and I definitely prefer it over my old cel-shading method.

As for the dragon heads...I still don't know what you mean. ^^;;  I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pressing the matter too much, but as an artist I like opportunities to hear how I can do better.  Just telling me that I need work on something isn't being very specific. x3

For example, do the heads not look like that of an Eastern dragon?  (Considering that dragons are very customizable creatures, almost everybody has a different perception of what they look like.  Some would actually like to try and draw them with the head of a camel, etc., like how they're described.)
I guess I get a bit of a canine feeling from the head. I think the nose might of caused me to think that. ^ ^; I just think the anatomy of the head can be a bit better. : 3

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 04, 2009, 01:25:34 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 04, 2009, 12:34:10 PM

Glad you like it though!

I guess I get a bit of a canine feeling from the head. I think the nose might of caused me to think that. ^ ^; I just think the anatomy of the head can be a bit better. : 3

Ahh, okay, thanks...that's what I thought you meant. ^^;  Like I said, the Eastern dragon has a few different ways they're drawn, depending on who you talk to.

Actually, I more-or-less based my dragons' designs on Haku of the movie Spirited Away, whose facial features are rather canine in appearance.  Plus my own additions. :3

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 04, 2009, 01:22:20 PM
I find I particularly liked the story that went with the second dragon pic :3 And all the pics themselves were quite nice, too :)

Much thanks, Tech, glad they're liked! :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.