My mother's in bad shape

Started by Alondro, December 11, 2013, 06:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I cannot be certain without tests, but her condition has plummeted severely in the past two weeks, her usually mild diabetes has gone completely out of control and her neurological condition suddenly deteriorated to what would be akin to moderate Alzheimer's. 

I am trying to get her to a doctor to insist upon a brain scan, as I suspect either a deep brain ischemic event or a brain tumor. 

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

This is not good news, Alondro. Here's hoping things work out. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

Good thoughts, prayers, and anything else I can send emotionally for your mother and you, Alondro.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

joshofspam

With my dad passing away just a few days ago and thinking back to how he sounded tired and slightly confused the last I talked with him, I can sympathize with what your going through.

Hoping for the best for you two.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

thegayhare

god thats rough Alondro... I know its not much but all we can do is hopefor the best

Alondro

No change for now.

But it's difficult to manage since both my father and I must work.  We call home constantly to make sure she's all right until one of us gets back, and we're trying to have neighbors and others we know close-by stop in when they can.

Honestly, given the speed and severity of the memory loss, it's highly unlikely she'll recover much function.  Even best case scenario, that it's due to a long-term blood sugar spike, will only allow modest recovery.

I'm doing what I can with the latest research, but there's still very little in the way of treatment that leads to significant cognitive gains.  Depending on what the condition is, I may be able to stop progression.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif