my brain is weird

Started by thegayhare, December 07, 2013, 11:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

its probably the season but I have the idea for a gritty holiday crime noir murder mystery

so lets see if you guys think this might be intersting... 

a man is found dead, police rule it an accident, but a member of his family don't belive that.  so they hire our protagonist to investigate the case. 

the detective in this case is Halloween,  I'm thinking the victim might be the april fool, with his sobbing girl friend the Tooth fairy being the one who hires Hal.  Christmas is going to be a schizophrenic mafia don with 2 distinct personalities,  Chris the warm hearted philanthropist with interests in a large number of businesses city wide and X cynical one out to make a buck at any cost shilling shallow pleasures to the masses and over seeing the criminal enterprises, or maybe they should be brothers.

Valentine is a rival criminal syndicate muscling in on the Mas turf with her hitman Cupid,

I'm thinking of making Mothers day either into a hooker with a heart of gold, or a madame it could work both ways  Thanks giving might be the police chief,  a big fat guy looking for the easiest solution prone to afternoon naps

I kinda wanna pull in a hitman named Sandman,  and Labor day be a mafia leg breaker, and i don't think it'll stick strictly to holidays  (since I have mention sandman, cupid and tooth fairy)  but it could be fun

what do you folk think?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

It does sound quite interesting, i'll give ya that. Not sure on what else to day, besides thinking mothers day would be better for the more dignified role of those two choices given.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd vote for Valentine's Day being a Madame, and Mother's Day being the hooker. It just seems to fit better...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Think so?  Val and mothers day madame and pro...  could work

not sure if I'm gonna make the Fool be an honest joe or not.  maybe a rum runner,  no a police informant.  that will give us reason to investigate the gangs even if I do decide they are innocent in all this. 

Do you think Halloween would have a driver?  or perhaps an assistant?  I'm thinking the Bogeyman, could be either one.

Also do you think I should make them inhuman?  or add non human touches should Bogey appear to be a deformed teen,  or a small eldrich abomination.  Should Cupid have wings,  or just have them embroidered on his jacket.

I think I know what I want for Halloween

Human but deathly pale with thin lips and black sunken eyes.  He wears a black trench coat with an orange lining, his black fedora and when its shadow falls over his face and he smiles you'd swear that it was the reaper man himself come a calling...

ohhh should a include the reaper...  would it be to tacky for him to run a funeral home or maybe have him working as a clock maker to allude to him being an aspect of father time.  If I do Grim will be a good friend of Hal's. 

Ohh and what do you think of guy fawkes day and the fouth of july being partners,  demolitions and arson for hire.  Maybe even have'm be lovers with ms July being a femme fatal

Alondro

If you're going for 'holiday' characters, it's probably a good idea to make their physical appearance a characiture of the holiday.

Some can even be a comic antithesis.  Such an someone named 'Independence Day' being a communist agitator or 'New Year' being a frail old man with the punch line being that "I was new once!"
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Quote from: Alondro on December 16, 2013, 01:58:22 PM
If you're going for 'holiday' characters, it's probably a good idea to make their physical appearance a characiture of the holiday.

Some can even be a comic antithesis.  Such an someone named 'Independence Day' being a communist agitator or 'New Year' being a frail old man with the punch line being that "I was new once!"

I can see that but I just don't want to fall into caricature of the holiday,  If I do an Easter I don't think I want them to be a bunny,  but maybe have them dressed in furs.  I do like the old new years idea...  maybe have the Years be an old money family fallen on hard times the youger Years are adapting well enough but Old Mr Year is well into his cups, a withered old man spinning yarns of a time when things were better, and back in his day when a New Year could stand tall and demand respect.