06/07/2012 [DMFA #1321] - It hit the fan...

Started by RandomMetaphysics, July 06, 2012, 03:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Another possibility to at least have listed, but we have no reason to assume is the case:

5)  None of the above, or perhaps someone taking advantage of the situation.  (copy-cat crimes aren't out of the question, or maybe someone wants it to look like one of the above for their own reasons, but these are both *big* stretches.  I can't stress that enough)

Wanderer

*readies his list of "webcomic artists who deserve to be kicked in the shins"... just in case it might need updating soon*

killpurakat

Darn cliffhangers! I love the comic, but at times like this it is always nerve-wracking waiting for the next installment.

I also have to wonder if art isn't imitating life, since the person who Alexsi was originally based on is no longer with us.

Also, since Mab has stated that she knows not all of her friends will live, does that mean she's resigned to losing some and thus won't seek revenge/retaliate? I can't imagine that every Fae goes bonkers every time one of their friends is in trouble/hurt/killed. The world would get hit with Fae-wrath every few seconds!

Or (and I'm kind of hoping desperately for this to be true), was Alexsi hit with a spell that just stuns if you're a Being, but would reveal a Cubi's true form, and Abel is upset because Alexsi's train of thought was derailed, so his jumping in may make things worse?

Mao

I think that...

I can't wait for Monday.

I also think that if Mab scene changes on Monday that I'm going to have to gnaw her ankles off.  (not her wrists, I still want her to draw)

Ignuus66

Quote from: killpurakat on July 06, 2012, 12:21:23 PM
Darn cliffhangers! I love the comic, but at times like this it is always nerve-wracking waiting for the next installment.

I also have to wonder if art isn't imitating life, since the person who Alexsi was originally based on is no longer with us.

Also, since Mab has stated that she knows not all of her friends will live, does that mean she's resigned to losing some and thus won't seek revenge/retaliate? I can't imagine that every Fae goes bonkers every time one of their friends is in trouble/hurt/killed. The world would get hit with Fae-wrath every few seconds!

Or (and I'm kind of hoping desperately for this to be true), was Alexsi hit with a spell that just stuns if you're a Being, but would reveal a Cubi's true form, and Abel is upset because Alexsi's train of thought was derailed, so his jumping in may make things worse?
Let's hope thats the case, but I highly doubt it since that spell looks pretty deadly, and it went through her heart (or very near it)

(credit: Gabi)

Gabi

Well, if Dragons are involved, it may (sort of) explain why Mab wanted Pyroduck away.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

justacritic

It'll be ironic if the next Dragon-Cubi war starts over a being murder.

Ignuus66

Quote from: justacritic on July 06, 2012, 12:49:31 PM
AS I said a dragon-cubi war would erupt into a world war based on species if Jyrras is involved. The World of DMFA is currently at a tipping point and even a small push could send the entire order spiraling down. Poor Jyrras, he hates being the center of attention, but unknowingly he is, even if they (other people) don't know it yet

justacritic

Jyrras would likely give Creatures a run for their money with his science. What's worse for beings is that technology can be spread from person to person. Unlike Creature's natural abilities and magic which are mostly individual to a particular creature. Not to mention Being populations compared to Creatures.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 12:25:17 PM
Let's hope thats the case, but I highly doubt it since that spell looks pretty deadly, and it went through her heart (or very near it)

What, like a taser?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuzma Volkov

Leave it to Mab to make us look forward to Mondays.  :mowcookie

I just wonder, will Jyrras go defensive (Ie detainment, stun, etc) with his tech or out right death and destruction mad scientist ?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I think my brain has just died and will resume its normal functioning hours come Monday....... :boggle

Starcat5

Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

TacticalError

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 12:56:53 PM
AS I said a dragon-cubi war would erupt into a world war based on species if Jyrras is involved. The World of DMFA is currently at a tipping point and even a small push could send the entire order spiraling down. Poor Jyrras, he hates being the center of attention, but unknowingly he is, even if they (other people) don't know it yet

So would it be Dragons/Angels/Various Mythos vs. Demons/Various Mythos vs. Cubi vs. Beings/Various Mythos? That would get very bad, very quickly.

Tylor

I don't like grim serious things. I don't like Abel's side-arc, I don't like Dan-first-meet-with-DarkPegasus arc, and I feel I will not like next arc too.

justacritic

While I realize happiness only has meaning when compared to sorrow, it still doesn't mean that we have to enjoy it

Mao

Just as there can't be sunshine all the time, it can't rain all the time.

joshofspam

Well considering the ruff and tumble Justice at times Furrae seems to have, It could be that protective custody might be a little bit more active then simply changing someones name and sending them somewhere else to live.

While the intents and history point at dragon hired assassins as a very likely candidate it doesn't really prove or disprove whats really happening.

For all we know, Destinia is packing up all the people her enemies can use against her and is knocking Alexsi out so she can't protest as she's being moved out of the kill zone.

It's actually quite a clever cliffhanger. I'm actually wondering just how many will get involved in this confrontation, maybe we might even see the basement rats again.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tylor

I refuse to acknowledge death and physical pain as a necessary part of life or story.

zaps

Silveratus

To expand on what the person above said. (And yes I created an account just for this occasion it was just to exciting to not too. o,o) If I remember correctly from Abel story his father was going to come back for him on this specific milestone of Abel's age. Abel has hinted killing his father is no longer an option. He didn't specify as to why.

I'm taking bets that the lightning came from Abel's father just so when the day comes It's proven to be him I can say I was right and happily dance around, instead of going, I should have made an account to say that! If I'm wrong I will sit in a corner going. "What comment? I see no comment?" >.> <.<

Mao

Welcome to the forum you guys, make sure you read the rules and don't annoy the moderators.

Coincidentally, if you do that gloating thing, you'll at least be starting to annoy *me* and you wouldn't like that.  I'm one of the more irritable mods, I'm told. ;-)

justacritic

Quote from: Tylor on July 06, 2012, 04:37:19 PM
I refuse to acknowledge death and physical pain as a necessary part of life or story.
In a world that would be slightly better than this one, you would be right. More's the pity that we're stuck here for now.

Lurkie

Quote from: Silveratus on July 06, 2012, 07:48:09 PM
[...] If I remember correctly from Abel story his father was going to come back for him on this specific milestone of Abel's age. Abel has hinted killing his father is no longer an option. He didn't specify as to why.

I'm taking bets that the lightning came from Abel's father [...]

While it's just barely possible that Aniz is the attacker, I really, really doubt it.  The reason that Abel wasn't going to kill his father is that Aniz was already dead.  Killed by Alexsi's mother Quintinga, in fact.  It wouldn't surprise me if some people (Fa'Lina, the Soulstealers, maybe even Abel) made certain that it was Aniz's body and not that of a fake.

On the subject of the attack:  Has anyone else noticed that whatever hit Alexsi looks more like the emotion flooding that Dan's shielding instructor hit him with, rather than the more usual magic attacks?
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Lying Foo

I'm not sure why so many think that Alexsi can still be saved - between the rattle, the nature of the beam, and the blanching of her hair and fur, that definitely looks like an instakill spell to me.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

justacritic

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 06, 2012, 11:06:22 PM
I'm not sure why so many think that Alexsi can still be saved - between the rattle, the nature of the beam, and the blanching of her hair and fur, that definitely looks like an instakill spell to me.
Maybe the terrible emotion that we call hope?

Tylor

Quote from: Silveratus on July 06, 2012, 07:48:09 PM
To expand on what the person above said. (And yes I created an account just for this occasion it was just to exciting to not too. o,o) If I remember correctly from Abel story his father was going to come back for him on this specific milestone of Abel's age. Abel has hinted killing his father is no longer an option. He didn't specify as to why.
Abel's father was killed by Ti'Fionas, if I remember right.

e_voyager

Oh dead some one's going to Die... possibly multiple someone's do you think this is that girl that was in love with Merlitz?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Nino

Quote from: killpurakat on July 06, 2012, 12:21:23 PMI also have to wonder if art isn't imitating life, since the person who Alexsi was originally based on is no longer with us.

I also wondered about this.

What's also an interesting coincidence is how this did happen on Abel's birthday, and even though it didn't relate to him, it does in a weird way, since Aniz and Destania had history together as well... it's really intricate how everyone/everything sort of ties together. Very intricate and wonderful.

I really liked Abel's story, moreso than the main comic, so I'm looking forward to this - I think part of it is that heavy events add significance to the story and drive a cohesive, expanding plot that so far has mostly only wiggled around in the background of the comic.

Ignuus66

Quote from: TacticalError on July 06, 2012, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 12:56:53 PM

So would it be Dragons/Angels/Various Mythos vs. Demons/Various Mythos vs. Cubi vs. Beings/Various Mythos? That would get very bad, very quickly.
I'm guessing it would be Angels/demons/various Mythos vs Cubi vs Beings/Varius Mythos and some creatures vs Dragons/varius mythos.