06/07/2012 [DMFA #1321] - It hit the fan...

Started by RandomMetaphysics, July 06, 2012, 03:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Aw crap. Not good.

Wait, did it... go through her?!

Raffe

Well, at least it wasn't a cut, so Abel won't get blood-shy.
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Whoever or whatever that is, they can cast spells.  While that doesn't rule out a Being mercenary or two, I'd suspect something more dangerous.  This should help Wildy's investigation, assuming she lives to tell the tale.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Raffe on July 06, 2012, 03:19:25 AM
Well, at least it wasn't a cut, so Abel won't get blood-shy.

I don't think Abel's expression betrays a fear of blood. It looks like he's going to go kill somebody... in a very very very brutal fashion.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 06, 2012, 03:21:56 AM
Whoever or whatever that is, they can cast spells.  While that doesn't rule out a Being mercenary or two, I'd suspect something more dangerous.  This should help Wildy's investigation, assuming she lives to tell the tale.
If that "multiple attacker" theory is accurate, and this is indeed the same group responsible for the murder Wildy was investigating, then things are going to go from bad to worse really fast.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on July 06, 2012, 03:16:57 AM

If it's some kind of electrical or magical discharge, it pass through without actually impaling her.

TacticalError

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 06, 2012, 03:29:07 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on July 06, 2012, 03:16:57 AM

If it's some kind of electrical or magical discharge, it pass through without actually impaling her.

Definitely magic. Unless it's some kind of magic ghost sword thing... which it probably isn't.

Ignuus66

Danger meatbag! danger!

To be honest, Abel might be competent at fighting but the blood phobia wont help. Also remember the "subtle" foreshadowing? Perhaps there is a reason mab went to the moon...... Guessing she predicted this and it was required to get Jyrras to get his act together. I have a feeling alexsi is dead, (remember what dan said before he went to Saia?, I guess that was a hint towards things to come)  I hope it's not the case, but I think it might be.

Edit: Abel looks REALLY pissed now.

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

Mab told her daughter that two will die in the end while trying to be successful with her plan.

I don't know how accurate a prediction from a Fae can be, but I'm guessing it has less about seeing the future and more about statistically planning ahead.

Was this foreseen? Is Alexsi dead? Is Mab playing everyone? What will Ducky or Dan be like when he comes back to this?

One thing is for certain, Abel is not pleased....Not pleased one bit.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on July 06, 2012, 04:10:07 AM
Was this foreseen? Is Alexsi dead?

Unlikely.  If these guys are trying to find Destania, Dan or Aary (known friend of Destania), they're going to want to ask questions when then find their target is not around.  They'd kill her afterwards.

LordViking

Whoever did this, he, she or they don't waste any time or opportunity it seems. Hopefully it was just a paralyzing shot and not an instant kill shot.

Also, does anyone else also think of this after Alexsi getting targeted and knowing there is a cubi killer in the neighborhood?
I'm not saying they are the killers, but maybe the one that called for the investigation has something to do with this?

Tapewolf

Quote from: LordViking on July 06, 2012, 04:42:01 AM
Also, does anyone else also think of this after Alexsi getting targeted and knowing there is a cubi killer in the neighborhood?
I'm not saying they are the killers, but maybe the one that called for the investigation has something to do with this?

Oh, you think they were hired to look for 'Cubi to provide intelligence for the anti-'Cubi/anti-Destania faction, without their knowledge?

TacticalError

This may be a bit of a stretch, but is it possible Alexi's attacker(s) is/are baiting Abel?

Tapewolf

Quote from: TacticalError on July 06, 2012, 06:42:55 AM
This may be a bit of a stretch, but is it possible Alexi's attacker(s) is/are baiting Abel?

I don't think anyone knows he's there.  I suppose it's possible that someone saw Chicki's photos and also saw Abel in Being form at the inn, but yeah, it's a little unlikely.

Ignuus66

I don't think dan will be happy when he comes back... Attackers beware! ( Abel and pyro better hide too)

justacritic

I hope that Alexsi is fine, she is a fighter, that spell looks nasty, if it hit the spine... :mowsad

Alondro

People these attackers have instantly pissed off:  Abel, Dan, Wildy, Jyrras, Pyroduck, Lorenda, Kria, and Mab.  

They have no idea how dead they are.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

justacritic

Quote from: Alondro on July 06, 2012, 08:56:01 AM
People these attackers have instantly pissed off:  Abel, Dan, Wildy, Jyrras, Pyroduck, Lorenda, Kria, and Mab.  

You forgot Destina, and that is the most terrifying thing of all, the above would like likely just kill you, Destina will be there to draw out your death in slow painful agony in mind, body and soul

Wurgel

Quote from: justacritic on July 06, 2012, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: Alondro on July 06, 2012, 08:56:01 AM

You forgot Destina, and that is the most terrifying thing of all, the above would like likely just kill you, Destina will be there to draw out your death in slow painful agony in mind, body and soul

and then again you both missed Fa'Lina. Alexsi is supposted to be the mother of her "grandbabies"

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on July 06, 2012, 09:38:57 AM

It's strongly implied that this whole mess is part of an attempt on the part of the dragons to find and kill Destania.  If that is a dragon that's just come in, the folks in the inn are in big, big trouble.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 06, 2012, 09:54:06 AM
It's strongly implied that this whole mess is part of an attempt on the part of the dragons to find and kill Destania.  If that is a dragon that's just come in, the folks in the inn are in big, big trouble.

Hmmm, I didn't get that.  Where did you get this impression from?  I'm honestly not seeing that implication just yet.  In fact, I'm not seeing much of anything yet, other than Alexsi getting nailed with what might be magic.  We *do* have a story that there's someone running around murdering cubi... but we don't really know much about that, either.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 06, 2012, 10:20:04 AM

Hmmm, I didn't get that.  Where did you get this impression from?  I'm honestly not seeing that implication just yet.  In fact, I'm not seeing much of anything yet, other than Alexsi getting nailed with what might be magic.  We *do* have a story that there's someone running around murdering cubi... but we don't really know much about that, either.
And we also know that a certain adventuring group think Alexsi is a cubi.

Mao

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 10:24:58 AM

And we also know that a certain adventuring group think Alexsi is a cubi.

Yup.

Which, since I can't tell if you're trying to support him here, I will note doesn't imply anything with dragons yet.

Tapewolf

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1277.php  (and the transition on p1279 for good measure)
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1301.php  (and the following pages)

While I certainly can't rule out Amber leading us down the garden path, that seems a pretty clear implication to me.

Mao

So.. Mink panicking and the case going serial is a *strong* implication?  I don't think I'm going to be able to agree with you on this one.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't think this is enough to call it strong yet.

Grey Wolf

Given that Alexi seems to be an honorary member of Clan Cyra (see last panel), and that Cyra's clan has few enough members already, Cyra may also feel inclined to bring the heat.
Alexi's attacker has potentially pissed of four average cubi, several beings, a few creatures, a dragon, two tri-wings, and a fae. The attacker is now the one most inclined to hope Alexi isn't dead!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 06, 2012, 10:52:54 AM
So.. Mink panicking and the case going serial is a *strong* implication?  I don't think I'm going to be able to agree with you on this one.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't think this is enough to call it strong yet.

I can spell out the chain of reasoning if it helps.  I'm certainly not saying it's right, but it sure looks like a pattern to me.
Put in spoiler tags since it's long and boring:

[spoiler]
p1277 etc:
1. We know that the dragons want to kill Dan from Fa'lina.  More recently we were told that the dragons wanted to kill Cyra's entire clan and her as well.
2. The murder victim was incredibly powerful but was murdered in their own home
3. The murder resembles (according to Mink) the purges in the dragon-cubi war, specifically those done by Hizell
4. Mink states the rumour that Hizell is actively searching the world outside SAIA for Destania
5. The first murder victim was a friend of Destania, Mink says and adds that if anyone knows where Destania is, she would have.

So from just that page we have rumours going around SAIA that Hizell is hunting and killing Destania's friends in order to find her location.  We don't know whether it's true, and if it is we don't know whether they learned anything from Talliopa.  Now, from p1301 etc:

6. We have a second murder in the rough area of Lost Lake (from Wildy's presence).  We don't know if the earlier victim was Tallioa, but:
7. The victim was murdered in their own home, like Talliopa was.
8. Now, with Mink's belief that Hizell is trying to find Destania, we have Alexsi attacked in Destania's old home (conveniently while Dan's away, since any dragons would kill him on sight as Fa'Lina once mentioned).

Again, I'm not saying it's true.  In fact I hope it's not because it would be a very bad situation for the cast involved.
But I do think it's a pretty clear implication.
[/spoiler]

Mao

I still think to call this strong is still a bit much.  Here's what's stopping me from feeling this is strong:

[spoiler]
1.  We have no clue how knowledgeable Mink is and how much of this is just him seeing patterns that aren't there out of panic and fear.  He's not looking all that rational and we know he's incredibly excitable. (he's up your character's shirt in fear and then down Fa'Lina's!)
2.  Something very powerful dying (or being murdered) doesn't mean that something very powerful killed them.  It's been shown time and time again that beings (considerably not powerful) can even lay low powerful things.  Overconfidence can also get you killed pretty easily.
3.  Rumors are just that:  rumors.  They can be created by anyone for *any* purpose.  Particularly to distract others from the real goings on.
4.  Wildy being present *does not* imply that it is close to lost lake, but I'll give that the next *seemingly* connected even has been at lost lake.  That said, we have no idea if what just happened is in any way connected actually.  We don't even know fully *what* just happened.
[/spoiler]

(put in the spoiler tags to keep our discussion in line and from bloating up the forum)

Like I said though, I'm not likely to be able to agree with you on this one.  I think your logic is fine and your points sound, but my points above make it hard for me to buy into this idea just yet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 06, 2012, 11:31:30 AM
Like I said though, I'm not likely to be able to agree with you on this one.  I think your logic is fine and your points sound, but my points above make it hard for me to buy into this idea just yet.

I'll not quibble.  Like I say, I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

Ignuus66

Alrighty: possible intruders:

An anti-cubi group got hold of information that Alexsi is a cubi from Merlitz's group.

Some sort of servant of Hizell or hizell himself maybe getting the same information and deducing Alexsi is part of clan cyra, Or just a "random kill everyone in the house" hit.

The same person who killed cubi before, but I sort of doubt it is the same killer as the one who Wildy was tracing, since the method of death is much more efficient here. (if alexsi is dead, which I sort of presume she is)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 06, 2012, 11:52:30 AM
The same person who killed cubi before, but I sort of doubt it is the same killer as the one who Wildy was tracing, since the method of death is much more efficient here. (if alexsi is dead, which I sort of presume she is)

Maybe, but you're assuming they just waltzed in and killed the incubus and then left immediately.  If they wanted information, they probably stunned him, interrogated him and then killed him when they were done.
With Alexsi, we could only be seeing the first stage.