14/04/2011 [DMFA #1210] - Ego bloat

Started by Madd the Sane, April 15, 2011, 01:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

For the original, go here.

Amber's ego seems so small at first :< She has the talent that it should be bigger  :eager
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Timothy

A happy blowfish ... hehe ... *feed it a cookie*  :mowcookie

(oh god ... now monty python poped up in my head ... want a peppermint ?  :mwaha)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Turnsky

to add to ambaargh's ego i'll say that she works bloody hard on DMFA, however recently she's stepped things up a notch and it shows off her efforts very well.

edit: also read the comic during my work break, site works well on my phone.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Most. Adorable. Fish. Ever. I want it as a soft toy.

Also glad to see see Amber can get past the 'I am an artist therefore I suck' belief.

What Amber has accomplished is an example to the many web comic artist out there what can be done with persistence and a drive to succeed. She has done a fine job as an artist and an author.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Wow! Watch that Blow fish go!

I have to say since I started reading Amber's comic she never failed to to impress me with her story or her drawing.

Thanks Amber for sharing. ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

With all those comments, Amber's ego fish will soon be big enough to lift Titanic from the bottom of the sea. 

..and you know what ?
She deserves it !

:D :U

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Timothy on April 15, 2011, 04:36:48 AM
(oh god ... now monty python poped up in my head ... want a peppermint ?  :mwaha)

Go on. It is only wafer thin, after all...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jasonrevall

Daww that's so sweet  :3 The blow fish is so cute too XD. This is one of my favorite questions from the readers yet. It's nice to hear that Amber

is getting some feedback that what she does makes people very happy.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

AxiLarin

I should be thanking you, Amber, for entertaining me with your outstanding art and storytelling for the past few years... the laughs-till-it-hurts, the d'awww!s, the "oh no she didn't!"s.  DMFA has been a routine part of my life, and it just keeps getting better with time.  And with the new larger format, breaking out of the standard layout, it's opened up the ability to create more detail and dramatic viewpoints, and you're using them very well.  I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Kria Soulstealer for President 2012.  More jobs, less clothing, devour the terrorists.

Drayco84

Huh... And all this time I've been thinking that she took to praise like a vampire takes to sunlight. (No, not the Twilight kind.)

Seriously though, Amber deserves at least SOME bloated ego. The comic itself has survived a super-long hiatus waaaaaaaay back, the archives contain over 1000 strips, there's over 700 members in the forum, and the demons I keep sacrificing souls to sigh audibly and tell me I need a few more before they'll grant me talent like Amber's. (I get the feeling they hear that request quite often.)

Mao

Don't worry, I'll be sure to deflate her next time I talk to her.  I mean, I wouldn't want her to explode.

Edit:  Message sent~

Infranscia

D'aww  :mowhappy

I'd like to echo everything said in the letter.  :mowsmile  The experiments with art style have been nice.  You are good at writing and drawing those comics.  I am also waiting to see what exactly is behind Abel's dreams, but I'm okay with waiting.  (I do have a theory, but I think I'll keep quiet on it to avoid a rush of off-the-wall stuff [among other things].  :mowwink)

OH!  And also, seeing your willingness to experiment also helped encourage me to do a few experiments of my own.  Yay for taking chances, making mistakes, getting messy, and learning!
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 15, 2011, 10:37:28 AM
Seriously though, Amber deserves at least SOME bloated ego. The comic itself has survived a super-long hiatus waaaaaaaay back, the archives contain over 1000 strips, there's over 700 members in the forum, and the demons I keep sacrificing souls to sigh audibly and tell me I need a few more before they'll grant me talent like Amber's. (I get the feeling they hear that request quite often.)

There's well more than 700 members on the forum. The actual count has hit something like 3000, but we keep trimming the deadwood as per the rules, because otherwise we end up with thousands of idle viewers, and they're never here. And that leads us into major RAM commitments to cover the required data, so.

And as far as the archives go, there's getting on for two thousand strips in there, if you include guest strips, Abel's Story, and all the other side bits.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

d'aww~ so fragging adorable.

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 15, 2011, 10:37:28 AM
Huh... And all this time I've been thinking that she took to praise like a vampire takes to sunlight. (No, not the Twilight kind.)
But apparently she does... she sparkles~ :heart

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 15, 2011, 12:49:06 PM
And as far as the archives go, there's getting on for two thousand strips in there, if you include guest strips, Abel's Story, and all the other side bits.
Well, I don't know if I'd count guest strips... but they certainly count as a whole other measure of... artist ePeen.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Venkman_Blues

D'ymkarra

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 15, 2011, 07:03:18 AM
Also glad to see see Amber can get past the 'I am an artist therefore I suck' belief.

What Amber has accomplished is an example to the many web comic artist out there what can be done with persistence and a drive to succeed. She has done a fine job as an artist and an author.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Amber has accomplished more in a decade, than many artists/ comic writers will in a lifetime.

I've seen a lot of wonderful comics jump the shark way too early on, and settle into a shadow of their original selves; DMFA continues to grow, both in depth and complexity. Her storytelling has always been superb, her character/ art development skills have grown exponentially over the years;  and she always creates with passion.

She is more than deserving of every accolade, award, fan, and friend she's earned over the years, and I'm glad I've been here to see it.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

lilpuppy23

First thought:

FFFUUUUUUUGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

:3

jeffh4

Been awhile since my last post, but I just had to say......the most adorable pufferfish EVVVVAAAARRRR!!!!

Anker Steadfast

I think it's a good thing that her ego gets inflated every now and then.
It is in high part what drives an artist to continue.
Especially praise from her peers seems to work well. :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 16, 2011, 02:46:51 AM
Especially praise from her peers seems to work well. :)

The definition of what just about anybody is after.

("peers" being self-defined from person to person)
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Seth

Amber, I've been watching for four years, and you have by far the best webcomic out there in my opinion. It's funny, well drawn (Though I still only rarely delve into the abyss of the early comics XD) and is not too over the top. You have the right amount of everything in this recipe Mrs. Williams, and I hope it brings you every bit of happiness it has brought me.
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

Kajet

Cutest fish ever, Almost seems to be thinking "I'm glad that I'm spiky."

Shadrok

Anyone else think the last panel would make a great button?

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Shadrok on April 17, 2011, 01:34:30 AM
Anyone else think the last panel would make a great button?

Oh mah geeze, yes! O.O

It's just a shame that it's not wholly apparent just what is going on there.
my art thread

Turnsky

what's not shown on camera are the trio of TIE fighters and an Imperial Star Destroyer. :P

Naldru

How about changing the legend on the button to EgoBoof.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Turnsky on April 17, 2011, 08:51:55 AM
what's not shown on camera are the trio of TIE fighters and an Imperial Star Destroyer. :P

With the Ego-Fish replacing the Death Star ?
I think we need to add some doomsday weapon to the fishy then. :D

Turnsky

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 17, 2011, 01:47:19 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 17, 2011, 08:51:55 AM

With the Ego-Fish replacing the Death Star ?
I think we need to add some doomsday weapon to the fishy then. :D

Mabstar.

Maark30

Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Talis Mahn

As long as there isn't a vent going straight to the core.  All it takes is some moisture farmer in an X-wing to ruin your day!