04/18/2011 [DMFA #1211] - Size is all natural

Started by OminousShadow, April 18, 2011, 12:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Certainly makes it a sad existence for Fa'lina. I could imagine why the academy is her way to make up what her friend had taken from her.

I wonder if the loss of a clan is ant better the the loss of a tri-wing leader. It certainly doesn't sound any better mentally. But I would think link severing would work both ways.

Thanks Tape.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

In loosing a clan leader the Cubi have lost a parent.  In loosing a Clan the clan leader has lost ALL of her children.  This is a very painful thing to happen energy flow or not.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 19, 2011, 06:54:07 PM
You might want to edit down the impressive amount of stuff you've quoted there before one of the other moderators pitches a fit.

Hey! I resemble that remark! >.<
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Ah, but a good fit, deserves a good pitch !
How else would salesmen still be in business ?

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Thirty Second Artbomb

Can Dan's eyes do that at any other time? And if not, can he check in with Cyra more often? Because damn that effect looks good on him.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on April 20, 2011, 06:18:46 PM
Can Dan's eyes do that at any other time? And if not, can he check in with Cyra more often? Because damn that effect looks good on him.

This has happened to Abel a couple of times while casting certain spells (speed-reading and morphing Dan spring to mind).  I guess it's a magic thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2011, 07:05:40 PM
Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on April 20, 2011, 06:18:46 PM
This has happened to Abel a couple of times while casting certain spells (speed-reading and morphing Dan spring to mind).  I guess it's a magic thing.

It is so last strip's fashion.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: joshofspam on April 19, 2011, 06:27:52 PM
. . . Is it an intentional focus of Amber's art to make tri-wings look more mature or are Fa'lina and Cyra just come out looking like that on chance . . . ?
I for one think that Amber has matured the entire art style of all of her characters to try and compensate for this. They are after all larger and more slender, more detail can be fit in, and they really didn't mesh with the rather chibi-esque style of 2007.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2011, 07:05:40 PM
I guess it's a magic thing.
Well... duh.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Well, considering that most Cubi clan leaders are thousands of years old, and probably have had quite a few children before they ascended, it kinda follows that they have to be a bit more mature than the average cubi.

... well, apart from Dimanika, but I'm not sure if she counts like everyone else does.  :D

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 21, 2011, 08:49:23 AM
Well, considering that most Cubi clan leaders are thousands of years old, and probably have had quite a few children before they ascended, it kinda follows that they have to be a bit more mature than the average cubi.

... well, apart from Dimanika, but I'm not sure if she counts like everyone else does.  :D

Physical, mental, and emotional maturity are all very different things. You seem to be referring to the latter, while the discussion was referring to the physical, as in relation to Amber's art style and how it differs from other characters.

Also, having children does not automatically maturity make :P

[editted for minor spelling adjustment]
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Somehow I just knew that you in particular would have something to say on the matter ;)
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

True enough, true enough ... but being shapeshifters, would it not be quite likely that the physical image of them would often follow their emotional maturity ?