04/18/2011 [DMFA #1211] - Size is all natural

Started by OminousShadow, April 18, 2011, 12:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FairWage22

Makes the whole "Imagine this is your spine" discussion have a much deeper context.  

If only a fraction of the power involved can powder a spine, the full fury/strength of a Tri-Wing leader must be truly something to behold.  

Or why it was actually a *war* and not the 'Cubi Massacre'.  

Also makes the idea of a draconic sacrifice of some sort for the empowerment of a Tri-Wing a *lot* more consistent.

And Josh, I think the power magnification you're looking at is something on the scale of a thousand, or million times what the DP/Dan fight was.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Techcubi on April 18, 2011, 10:56:34 AM
Huh....So, which one of those two is probably more likely in Fa'lina's case? Shapeshifting or puppet thingy?

That would be telling. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Infranscia

Quote from: Techcubi on April 18, 2011, 10:56:34 AMHuh....So, which one of those two is probably more likely in Fa'lina's case? Shapeshifting or puppet thingy?

I'm guessing either puppets, or a bit of both.  It would explain the rumor that Fa'lina can be in more than one place at the same time. *pokes cast page* :3
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on April 18, 2011, 12:52:31 PM
I'm guessing either puppets, or a bit of both.  It would explain the rumor that Fa'lina can be in more than one place at the same time. *pokes cast page* :3

And it would likely make it more awkward for her to leave the Academy.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Daymond42

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on April 18, 2011, 06:56:08 AM
(And also proud to be probably the first guy in history to use that statement without innuendo)

Man card revoked!!

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on April 18, 2011, 06:56:08 AM
I fully agree. Fa'Lina isn't small, she's just a different kind of large.
*hides*

Man card reinstated!!

*runs off*

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2011, 01:12:14 PM
I'm guessing either puppets, or a bit of both.  It would explain the rumor that Fa'lina can be in more than one place at the same time. *pokes cast page* :3

Maybe puppet's are the only way for her to really communicate face to face.

If shape shifting powers really get a boost like other traits with a third set of wings it might be that her entire body makes up the academy. It might also explain why she likes to use puppets more when manipulating others. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

*Charles STARES!*  Oh... my... god!  She has two gigantic, enormous, gargantuan... PEARLS!!  Do you see how big they are, dangling from her hair on the ground?  They must be worth a fortune!  If I can get one, I'll be rich!   >:]
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 18, 2011, 10:45:02 AM
Tri-Wings are naturally really big.

Now I'm wondering what happens if someone like Jyrras ascends.   Probably you just get a half-height Tri-wing...

Infranscia

Quote from: Infranscia on April 18, 2011, 12:52:31 PMI'm guessing either puppets, or a bit of both.  It would explain the rumor that Fa'lina can be in more than one place at the same time. *pokes cast page* :3

Awkward as in difficult, or awkward as in odd?  (Or both?)  If it's the first, I was thinking maybe that's why she uses Warp-Aci to get around instead of just teleporting?

@Alondro/Charles: Yeah, she seems to like those sphere-things.  Personally, I wonder whether or not they're shifted.
Planning to steal one? Good luck with that, mister.

@Tapewolf: If we could get Dimanika to stand next to Cyra...
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on April 18, 2011, 01:42:38 PM
Awkward as in difficult, or awkward as in odd?  (Or both?)  If it's the first, I was thinking maybe that's why she uses Warp-Aci to get around instead of just teleporting?
Cumbersome, I was thinking.  You might, for example, have the effect seen in Vernor Vinge's short, Bookworm, Run! where the control link deteriorates the further your avatar is from the source.

QuoteTapewolf: If we could get Dimanika to stand next to Cyra...
Oh, good call.  I knew I should have looked through the leaders before posting that...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Techcubi on April 18, 2011, 10:56:34 AMHuh....So, which one of those two is probably more likely in Fa'lina's case? Shapeshifting or puppet thingy?

And on top of that, she usually shows herself as a normal Cubi, instead of a Tri Wing !

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AxiLarin

Quote from: Techcubi on April 18, 2011, 10:56:34 AM
Huh....So, which one of those two is probably more likely in Fa'lina's case? Shapeshifting or puppet thingy?

Well, as much as she likes puppets, my vote is for shapeshifting.  Fa'Lina is a very hands-on person.  Doing things by remote avatar seems too impersonal for someone like her.

tiggertoo

Quote from: AxiLarin on April 18, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
Well, as much as she likes puppets, my vote is for shapeshifting.  Fa'Lina is a very hands-on person.  Doing things by remote avatar seems too impersonal for someone like her.

I agree - considering how much fun she was having with the whole "no running in the halls" thing. I mean, clotheslining someone just requires that personal touch to be truly satisfying.

CoyoteCaliente

Alright I'm not sure if this has died down, but I figured I'd just slide it in near the end of the discussion. This is just an opinion, nothing more, and an opinion that hopefully will be accepted without harsh judgement or too many raised eyebrows.

*ahem*

Cyra is a total gmilf.

Juuuuust saying.
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

AxiLarin

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on April 18, 2011, 04:41:13 PM
Alright I'm not sure if this has died down, but I figured I'd just slide it in near the end of the discussion. This is just an opinion, nothing more, and an opinion that hopefully will be accepted without harsh judgement or too many raised eyebrows.

*ahem*

Cyra is a total gmilf.

Juuuuust saying.

Hahahaha... I second that assessment.  :mowwink

MT Hazard

Cyra which a bit like cyan, which is blue, who has blue fur, blue feathers, a blue clan symbol and who's clan trait is all eyes are blu....green.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

LordViking

With Fa'Lina's love for puppets I suspect this is what she uses most. It could explain how she can be everywhere inside SAIA, though since SAIA is in her own private pocket space  she has full control in there anyway.
But for someone that likes puppets as much as she does making the whole world think a puppet is you must have some appeal.

ishidan

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 18, 2011, 06:22:28 PM
Cyra which a bit like cyan, which is blue, who has blue fur, blue feathers, a blue clan symbol and who's clan trait is all eyes are blu....green.
Well, that just blue the pattern, didn't it--except that Dan's eyes glowed blue when he entered the dreamscape.

joshofspam

It also brings to mind how does a family reunion work for a tri-wing clan.

When you have the size of a dragon, does it make you the center of the festivities? >:3

Inumo

... Conspiracy theory time! If Fa'Lina is using a puppet, and Mab has said that Fa'Lina will die "soon," what if she's just referring to Fa'Lina as we know her (the puppet) dying and not Fa'Lina herself? D:

AmigaDragon

Quote from: tiggertoo on April 18, 2011, 03:24:58 PMI mean, clotheslining someone just requires that personal touch to be truly satisfying.

Wasn't it more like brickwalling?

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Talis Mahn

With Fa'lina's fixation on puppets....  I'm gonna say puppets!

Of course the augment for personal cloths lining has its merits!   :)

iceick

So Dimanika is a dragon sized mouse, no wonder why her favorate emotion is confusion.

MT Hazard

Quote from: ishidan on April 18, 2011, 07:35:33 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 18, 2011, 06:22:28 PM
Well, that just blue the pattern, didn't it--except that Dan's eyes glowed blue when he entered the dreamscape.

That they did, but you would expect their irises to be blue normally. They also got stuck with the least interesting clan trait (apart from not having clan trait), the others have things like naturally glowing eyes, extra tentacles, always giving birth to twins/girls and Cyra have...all the same eye color. Guess the new clan on the block doesn't get the first pick of traits. Greens a nice eye color though.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sienna Maiu - M T

My guess? Fa'Lina either is maintaining the size she was before she became a Tri-wing, or she lost her size when she didn't have a clan anymore.
This whole 'natural size of a clan leader' thing makes me think that this must make it a whole lost easier to fight dragons, at least on a physical level, ignoring magic.

Quote from: Maark30 on April 18, 2011, 01:26:40 AM
Alas the advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) of a static medium... without movement you don't have clothing malfunctions.  :mowsad
I think that it may very well be impossible for 'cubi to have a clothing malfunction.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2011, 03:23:52 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 18, 2011, 01:34:24 AM
Question is, where are Dan and Cyra right now? Is this... taking place in the "dream world?" Like a chat room formed from their minds where they influence the environment?Or is Cyra on some far off world/plane of existence, and Dan is being "projected" in the environment?
Dan hit his head on the roof of the inn - I'm pretty sure that this is happening in his head through some mechanism similar to dream-surfing, rather than him being physically teleported there.
I believe the question was not refering to physical transportation, but instead to something akin to an astral projection.
My personal take is that what's happening is a mixture of these option.

Quote from: Turnsky on April 18, 2011, 05:33:24 AM
also, who votes she pays a visit to Lost lake in disguise?
I don't. She made it pretty clear that to meet in person something would have to be arranged. (Though Dan was a mite too busy at the time to notice...)

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2011, 05:48:11 AM
I'd imagine that Dan would automatically get a rather longer lifespan and more power than a regular 'Cubi would without having to resort to soul-stealing.
Because I'm sure that's exactly what Dan wants.

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 18, 2011, 10:45:02 AM
Tri-Wings are naturally really big.   Usually if you are seeing a normal-sized one (like Fa'Lina), they have either shapeshifted themselves smaller...or more likely they are simply using an aspect puppet or proxy of themselves to interract with folks while their true selves are hidden elsewhere.   The aspect, while powerful, is not really the clan leader themselves but simply a small subset of them.   Which is convenient since even if you somehow "kill" the aspect, you haven't really done anything to the clan leader themselves other than inconveniencing them.  However, it's not something clan leaders like to do anymore since during the dragon-cubi war, a big downfall was that some creatures would simply follow the link the aspect has with the actual clan leader and go after the clan leader themselves via it. (Sort of the inverse of what happened to Siar where her link to her clan members was used to track them down)

It is very very unlikely in the event someone encounters a clan leader, that they are actually encountering the actual clan leader.
Well then. O.o

In a sense... she never does.
Oh, and TrueFacts: Fa'Lina is the Academy. (And the vore fans go wild~~~)

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 18, 2011, 02:31:47 PM
And on top of that, she usually shows herself as a normal Cubi, instead of a Tri Wing !
Yeah, you probably can't transform a puppet, so it would make more sense to just run around with your headwings out.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

I believe Fa'Lina has been morphing her wings, so if it is a puppet, she can transform it.

Personally, I think wether or not it is a puppet is less important, than the idea that she is kinda holding a low profile.
Well .. as low as it can get when you are a pink poodle.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Okay. Now for speculation on where Cyra is located.

From the looks of it, she's in space on a stage backdrop of a beach, with ornamental plants about.
That... or she's been living in billboard signs.

Quote from:
Why are my April showers full of snow!
That's because of your cold, dark heart.
How could you go and keep all of that snow to your self? Where's my snow-filled April showers Amber! D:<
I mean really.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Techcubi

Edit: <SNIP!>

Re Fa'Lina.

End Edit -- llearch

Wasn't she losing her ablility to predict the future because she was away from the academy during the Alexsi gets kidnapped arc? Wouldn't that mean she goes by the personal touch instead of puppets? After all, what kind of problems could there be if a PUPPET left the academy?

Edit: Silly long copy-pastes of other people's page-long discussions with a two-line comment at the end will be replaced, in the future, with anything I feel appropriate. This includes replacing the entire content of the post with a picture making fun of the poster, or indeed anything else that happens to tickle my fancy at the time.

You have been warned.

-- llearch

joshofspam

Another thing I noticed about Tri-wings is you never really see more then one of them in one place.

As well as how much more mature the tri-wings look compared mostly to just standard cubi (Dimanika possibly being an exception). I wonder if more then just size changes when you make a change like that. Like your outlook on life.

This picture just reminds me of that. Is it an intentional focus of Amber's art to make tri-wings look more mature or are Fa'lina and Cyra just come out looking like that on chance to me?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Techcubi on April 19, 2011, 03:13:48 PM
Wasn't she losing her ablility to predict the future because she was away from the academy during the Alexsi gets kidnapped arc? Wouldn't that mean she goes by the personal touch instead of puppets? After all, what kind of problems could there be if a PUPPET left the academy?

You might want to edit down the impressive amount of stuff you've quoted there before one of the other moderators pitches a fit.

Regarding Fa'Lina's foresight, I think what that actually meant was that she can only see things inside SAIA, and people who have just left.  And when Abel left, she was only be able to see his future for about two months after he left.
(As another example, she was able to see that Aniz lived for at least two months after he left the Academy)

Quote from: joshofspam on April 19, 2011, 06:27:52 PM
Another thing I noticed about Tri-wings is you never really see more then one of them in one place.

There aren't many of them and AFAIK the Dragons tried to exterminate them all.  That might seem like a good reason to remain hidden or holed up in some kind of hyperrealm a'la Fa'Lina...