Beware Baker Bunny: Chef Kitty is prowling!

Started by Saist, February 05, 2011, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

little bit of news from me... I've been accepted into the Notter School of Pastry Arts European and Pastry Diploma Program.

So yes, this Techno-Kitty is going Chef-Kitty!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on February 05, 2011, 08:18:43 PM
is jealous

Pfft, your baking skills are tasty and delicious. You don't need a piece of paper to be tasty.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

sometime be sure to give us a brief list of all the notable items you learn to make

from scratch cooking is fun and a good source of innocent pride- sometime in the last week i made pavlova, and sometime in the next week i shall make apple strudel, yay for small achievements

also, good luck when you get to puff pastry, you are going to need it
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Saist

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 06, 2011, 10:46:35 PM
sometime be sure to give us a brief list of all the notable items you learn to make

from scratch cooking is fun and a good source of innocent pride- sometime in the last week i made pavlova, and sometime in the next week i shall make apple strudel, yay for small achievements

also, good luck when you get to puff pastry, you are going to need it

Puffy Pastry:

Written Exam: 96.

Practical: 92

WHOO HOO!!!

Brunhidden

Saist

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 11, 2011, 02:29:23 AM
puff pastry has a written exam?  :mowdizzy

well, the course itself is Breakfast Pastry and Puff Pastry, and yes, there is a written exam. This is a proper accredited school after all.

Brunhidden

ive been to similar shcools for other things- typically stuff like this you are taught how and then are given a project. the project is substituted for written exams. for example in my vertical milling class back in the day the project was to create a three dimensional chess set

basically this was my final exam

so i was assuming your final exam would look like this

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 11, 2011, 04:04:20 PM
... I like that chess set. I really do.

i was never issued queens (made by another class who produced twice as many kings as pawns), the instructor altered my code while i was not looking so the pieces cannot fit in the holes and its actually rough as sandpaper to the touch, though i made two one of them was stolen, it weighs about seven pounds without the steel and brass pieces, i spent fifty dollars in materials for the project, and has not been seen in three years

i showed you mine, now show us yours. heck, let us taste too

VAE

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 11, 2011, 06:07:02 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 11, 2011, 04:04:20 PM
... I like that chess set. I really do.

i was never issued queens (made by another class who produced twice as many kings as pawns), the instructor altered my code while i was not looking so the pieces cannot fit in the holes and its actually rough as sandpaper to the touch, though i made two one of them was stolen, it weighs about seven pounds without the steel and brass pieces, i spent fifty dollars in materials for the project, and has not been seen in three years

i showed you mine, now show us yours. heck, let us taste too

Bloody hell... i just LOVE people like that..  "I am the instructor so i MUST be right evne though i have no idea what the guy is trying to accomplish"
Good mention though... better not let anyone near critical work i guess
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Saist

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hey Saist, long time no see.
The fact that you'll be a pastry chef is AWESOMESAUCE. The semi-update... not so much, in fact.. not at all D:
I really do hope and wish you the best Saist. (and, are those two units desktops or laptops?)
*hugs*

[Brunhidden: that chessboard is so awesome. ... and beautiful.]
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread