16/01/2011 [DMFA #1189] - They grow up so fast

Started by Jack McSlay, January 16, 2011, 06:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Quote from: iceick on January 16, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: OminousShadow on January 16, 2011, 11:38:37 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 16, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
Can't wait until Jyrras brings them so his mother and father can meet their grandchildren.

I wonder how they'll spoil Jyrras's kids? :P

I'm pretty sure they might find it somewhat disturbing that they have sentient bubblegum and a robot for grandchildren.
Especially considering that creating new sentient life without authorization from the creature counsel is punishable by consumtion of ones soul. However, considering that Jy's mom is one of the most ruthless lawers that she is considered an evil being she might fight the creature counsel for that authorization for an unreasonable fee or turn her son in.

That brings to question if Rachel-Rebecca the Third will eventually paying her old friends son a visit to talk about the law she helped make to prevent such things that made her race?

I see a lot of awkward moments if that ever came about. Though because Jyrras only thus far created life by accident the whole point might be mute. Though that doesn't mean that it would be pleasant to get the court to see that.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Quote from: joshofspam on January 16, 2011, 06:22:51 PM
Quote from: iceick on January 16, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: OminousShadow on January 16, 2011, 11:38:37 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 16, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
Can't wait until Jyrras brings them so his mother and father can meet their grandchildren.

I wonder how they'll spoil Jyrras's kids? :P

I'm pretty sure they might find it somewhat disturbing that they have sentient bubblegum and a robot for grandchildren.
Especially considering that creating new sentient life without authorization from the creature counsel is punishable by consumtion of ones soul. However, considering that Jy's mom is one of the most ruthless lawers that she is considered an evil being she might fight the creature counsel for that authorization for an unreasonable fee or turn her son in.

That brings to question if Rachel-Rebecca the Third will eventually paying her old friends son a visit to talk about the law she helped make to prevent such things that made her race?

I see a lot of awkward moments if that ever came about. Though because Jyrras only thus far created life by accident the whole point might be mute. Though that doesn't mean that it would be pleasant to get the court to see that.

If you want to get Technical it is only live if they can reproduce.  I do not see any little Deebs or Macys running around.
The undead can reproduce... sorta.  But from what I see Macy and Deebs are more similar to the Fae, they mimic life.

I can see Macy finding a way to procreate but Deebs is one of a kind.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Hariman

Dangit. Now I'm flashing back to that episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the little kid that was saved by Data wanted to be an android instead of a real boy.

Also, I don't think Jyrras has tried expanding Deebs to a larger size, so we don't know if she can reproduce by splitting into two bubblegum bunny things.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Trazz

Quote from: Hariman on January 16, 2011, 07:55:02 PM
Dangit. Now I'm flashing back to that episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the little kid that was saved by Data wanted to be an android instead of a real boy.

Also, I don't think Jyrras has tried expanding Deebs to a larger size, so we don't know if she can reproduce by splitting into two bubblegum bunny things.

BBM: Bubblegum Bunny Mitosis

Castle Pokemetroid

I wonder what would happen if Jy stuck a piece of bubble gum on Deebs . . .

Tangent

So. When the Creatures find out about Deebs, will it be a Bubblegum Crisis? =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Maark30

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on January 16, 2011, 09:11:56 PM

I wonder what would happen if Jy stuck a piece of bubble gum on Deebs . . .

As long as the gum has his DNA in it she would get bigger .
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

thegayhare

well wait till Macey hits cyber puberty
Starts noticing those hunky muscle cars and ask daddy about the uses for her I/O port

Hariman

Quote from: Tangent on January 16, 2011, 10:37:39 PM
So. When the Creatures find out about Deebs, will it be a Bubblegum Crisis? =^-^=

Bad Tangent! Bad! No Cookie! Only Pie!

That pun is so bad it's actually funny.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

Maark30

Quote from: thegayhare on January 16, 2011, 11:11:13 PM
Starts noticing those hunky muscle cars and ask daddy about the uses for her I/O port
:wtf
Thank you OH so much!  I now have a mental  image of a Ford Mustang ramming a Bunny-Scorpion-Bot  :mowsad

AND IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!! :kthx  :microwave

iceick

I just thought of something (or at least while I was at work). Deebs, in a way, is an offspring between Jyrras and Mab (Mab's magical energy, Jyrras' DNA, and bubble gum), but in the DEMO 101 section it said children of Fae and non-Fae had no soul and would die on their 21st birthday. Would Deebs (and possibly the Mows since they're a combo of Mab's DNA and a plush toy) die on her 21st birthday, or is she (and/or the Mows) an exception to that rule since she was created in a lab and not born to a woman?

Edit: Yes I know I'm over thinking this.

Quote from: iceick on January 17, 2011, 04:16:31 AM
I just thought of something (or at least while I was at work). Deebs, in a way, is an offspring between Jyrras and Mab (Mab's magical energy, Jyrras' DNA, and bubble gum), but in the DEMO 101 section it said children of Fae and non-Fae had no soul and would die on their 21st birthday. Would Deebs (and possibly the Mows since they're a combo of Mab's DNA and a plush toy) die on her 21st birthday, or is she (and/or the Mows) an exception to that rule since she was created in a lab and not born to a woman?

Maybe I'm on the slow side, but where exactly does it say that the magical energy was from Mab? The strip in question just talks about generic magical energy, nothing Fae-related at all.

But even if, I think the key is your "in a way". I think you need a bit more than just some fae magic to be considered the offspring of a Fae. Besides, there is the very strong counter-indicator of deebs usually not behaving like an empty shell with no emotions, personality or conscious...  :3

There will also be lots of accelerated door closing sequences.

Tangent

Quote from: Hariman on January 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

I always wonder why people don't believe me when I say I'm evil. =^-^=

Of course, I blame Amber for it. She's the one who introduced a female armored critter, though I'm not quite sure if she has high heels or not. Immediately made me think of the anime series. ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Maark30

Quote from: Tangent on January 17, 2011, 08:52:25 AM

Of course, I blame Amber for it. She's the one who introduced a female armored critter, though I'm not quite sure if she has high heels or not. Immediately made me think of the anime series. ^^;;

The heels are on the next chasis.

Naldru

I have two candidates for responses one and two:

I love you, Daddy

Can I have one, Daddy... Please...

Possible candidate for response four

I promise I'll be careful
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

iceick

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 17, 2011, 06:02:12 AM

Maybe I'm on the slow side, but where exactly does it say that the magical energy was from Mab? The strip in question just talks about generic magical energy, nothing Fae-related at all.
You might be right, but I just figured that all of Jyrras' experiments with magic were Mab related. However, there is still the question of the Mows, they were created using Mab's hair.

Hariman

Quote from: Tangent on January 17, 2011, 08:52:25 AM

I've never seen Bubblegum Crisis. I just thought that the pun deserved a "Bad Tangent! No cookie!" response. I'm pretty sure I've made puns almost as bad, but I tend to be more vicious rather than evil.

Macy currently has digitigrade legs and a body that looks like it was designed for a child. Well, designed by Jyrras for a child. I think Jyrras subconsciously made it larger than him because he didn't want Macy to be a runt like he is.

This makes me wonder if Macy will be able to swap out bodies or if she'll just keep getting upgrades until she's happy.

AmberCross

Would Deebs (and possibly the Mows since they're a combo of Mab's DNA and a plush toy) die on her 21st birthday, or is she (and/or the Mows) an exception to that rule since she was created in a lab and not born to a woman?
No.... They aren't literally her children, she was just a part of their creation. That would be like saying Dark Pegasus is the father of many of the undead. Or that when an undead converts another person to undeadness, they become their mom/dad. The whole mom and dad thing is completely metaphorical in all these cases. They are not literally the parents of their creations. Furthermore their creations are not half fae and thus are not subject to the whole depressing no soul thing.

Though this does make me wonder how often (if ever) fae have tried MAKING children or adopting them instead of having them...

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: AmberCross on October 29, 2008, 11:06:10 AM
Though this does make me wonder how often (if ever) fae have tried MAKING children or adopting them instead of having them...

I wonder if there's magical birth control or something to that nature.

Something like a fae only gets pregnant if they choose to be, or something.

iceick

Quote from: AmberCross on January 17, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
Would Deebs (and possibly the Mows since they're a combo of Mab's DNA and a plush toy) die on her 21st birthday, or is she (and/or the Mows) an exception to that rule since she was created in a lab and not born to a woman?
No.... They aren't literally her children, she was just a part of their creation. That would be like saying Dark Pegasus is the father of many of the undead. Or that when an undead converts another person to undeadness, they become their mom/dad. The whole mom and dad thing is completely metaphorical in all these cases. They are not literally the parents of their creations. Furthermore their creations are not half fae and thus are not subject to the whole depressing no soul thing.

If that's the case, I'm wondering if the fact that magical creatures came before non-magical beings that they were actually such creations of the Fae.

Maark30

I am guessing that the answer to that very interesting question, the adoption part of it, is "more often than you would think."   :mowcookie :mowcookie
And to the Making Children part, ever read Pinocchio or Frankenstein.  :zombiekun2

OminousShadow

Quote from: Maark30 on January 17, 2011, 08:34:06 PM

I am guessing that the answer to that very interesting question, the adoption part of it, is "more often than you would think."   :mowcookie :mowcookie
And to the Making Children part, ever read Pinocchio or Frankenstein.  :zombiekun2

Pinocchio was the result of a very bored fairy. Frankenstein was the result of a bored gay necrophile.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

iceick

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 17, 2011, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: Maark30 on January 17, 2011, 08:34:06 PM
I am guessing that the answer to that very interesting question, the adoption part of it, is "more often than you would think."   :mowcookie :mowcookie
And to the Making Children part, ever read Pinocchio or Frankenstein.  :zombiekun2

Pinocchio was the result of a very bored fairy. Frankenstein was the result of a bored gay necrophile.
What do you think Fae are? They are DMFA's version of faries.

Maark30

Quote from: iceick on January 18, 2011, 03:17:19 AM
Quote from: OminousShadow on January 17, 2011, 09:23:58 PM
What do you think Fae are? They are DMFA's version of faries.

Thank you for getting my point.  :mowmeep (now that I have another one as crazy as I am we can start to take over the world.. :mowcookie oops supposed to be inside thought :mowsad)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmberCross

And once again, the day is saved! Thanks to... the Forum Admins!

Quote from: iceick on January 17, 2011, 06:16:20 PM
If that's the case, I'm wondering if the fact that magical creatures came before non-magical beings that they were actually such creations of the Fae.

Well, there seem to be some hints that the whole DMFA universe is more or less a kind of metaphysical sandbox where magical races can try out things that would be too dangerous in other universes. So you might not be that wrong :P

... then again, this whole thing may edge dangerously close to tinfoil hat territory too...  :B

Also, I missed forum drama. Course you, time zones, course youuuuu!  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

No drama. Merely a strong suggestion, before it became drama.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay a few things   (AS I SEE THEM)

Mows are non-sentient animals versions of Mabs using Mabs' DNA  

2) the Creature Council law prohibits the creation of any new sentient being/races...  Mows don't count.

3) Deebs was "born" while Jyrras was studying pure magical energy in it's unstable state. The Bubblegum made it stable.

4) MACE was "born" when Deebs and Jyrras were touching each other during an electrical shock accident.  So that might count as reproduction.  

5) In Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Saber Knights were girls in cyber-battlesuit (very close in look to Macy...), which battle AI/androids that when rouge, destroying buildings and killing humans.  

PBH

Shachza

Quote from: Maark30 on January 17, 2011, 02:37:42 AM
:wtf
Thank you OH so much!  I now have a mental  image of a Ford Mustang ramming a Bunny-Scorpion-Bot  :mowsad

AND IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!! :kthx  :microwave

I'm imagining something very much like this.

Warning, link is NSFW if you're a technology-phile.   :P
            <-- #1 that is!