30/01/2011 [DMFA# 1193] - AAAAIIIIEEEEEE! DIABETIES! MY ONLY WEAKNESS!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 30, 2011, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

I believe it was mentioned that Cubi loose their ability to dream as they practice their more... 'invasive' mental powers.    Abel doesn't seem the type to get-off on gallivanting inside other's heads and he's also lost the habit of sleeping by the time Dan first meets him, it could be Abel simply assumed he'd lost the ability just after all those centuries and hadn't bothered testing it until all the stress and such from his new situation caused him to need Real Rest for the first time in way too long.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

AmberCross

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 31, 2011, 08:17:19 AM
Quote from: AmberCross on January 31, 2011, 02:33:43 AM
Next: Aniz was apparently killed in 1964, this is when Abel was 373 (if I've got this right) which is well over the limit given to Aniz for additional children by Fa'Lina. This makes me wonder if in the 73 or so years Aniz tried for any other children.

Seventy-six, two hundred and seventy-six, or three hundred and seventy-five years?
Oh... Oh. Hot dang, totally forgot about her 'make or break' offer extending the time limit thing. That means he'd have to wait until Abel is 399 before submitting another child. Though if he wanted a head start he could time it so that his next child would hit cubi age just about then. So a year ago in comic time would be... right about when Dan got his wings. Plot senses... still tingling... O_o This is just like one of those things that feels like way too big a coincidence to be coincidental, despite the fact that since this was also Destania's child, if she caught up with him he'd have other worries than when to give birth to another child. Unless it just also wouldn't matter since it would also be Destania's child who wouldn't have a ban limit. Dammit brain, stop speculating! >.<

Hariman

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 31, 2011, 01:42:26 PM
Quote from: Hariman on January 31, 2011, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: AmberCross on January 31, 2011, 02:33:43 AM
Well, Aniz hid and waited 373 years ......  And Edward gets some credit of the killing Aniz. 

PBH

You're right. We don't know if Quintinga survived the fight with Aniz. If the guessed time line (IE: Aniz died ~25 or 26 years ago) is right, then Quintinga might have been killed by Aniz.

If that were the case, then the bounty from Aniz would have gone to Ed. That would have given Edward not only a reason to retire, but also enough money to settle down and start an inn.

This would also mean that Abel's reason for helping Dan is that Aniz' children and allies are after Dan. Not to mention Destania's enemies.

There's also a chance that Ed was replaced by Aniz before Quintinga met him and that Quintinga freed an imprisoned Ed by killing Aniz. Thus, giving Quintinga an ally and lover while setting up the revenge killing of Quintinga by Aniz' children.

But, I think my first guess is more likely. 

HEY HEY That was all just my guess... the most likely one maybe but it is STILL JUST A GUESS  ANd Aniz would have just kill ED than replace him.

PBH

But but but I"m playing The Update Game! You're supposed to latch on to theories and run with them for the amusement of the author and other fans when playing The Update Game.

That's what makes it so fun!

I'm just not sure how likely it is that Ed was replaced by Aniz. I'm even less sure of whether or not Destania and Aniz would make up if they met each other again.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Naldru

Further speculation would seem pointless without more information about the nature of the reports in the data base.  (Who filed the reports and what evidence was presented to back them up.)

However, I'll do it anyway.

Wasn't there a theory at one time that Edward might have been Aniz's son.  This would mean that he would have given up on entering his son in the academy until he was fifty or so.

Given that there could have been friction between in-laws and the lack of stability for Aniz, Aniz could have tried to kill his daughter-in-law.  This would have resulted in a grand battle, perhaps with Edward joining in on the side of his wife.  In that case, it would be reasonable for Destania to desire confirmation of Aniz's death and to be interested in what kind of person his son was.  (Marrying his ex-boyfriend's son could be considered a little kinky, but I don't know if that would have bothered Destania.  Didn't Queen Elizabeth I do something like that?)

Abel would then have been interested in the son of Edward Ti'Fiona because Dan would have been his relative, although I don't know what that relationship would be named. (step-nephew?)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Well, if further speculation is useless, then I shall interrupt this thread with some CUTE !   :januscat

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 01, 2011, 05:47:41 PM
Well, if further speculation is useless, then I shall interrupt this thread with some CUTE !   :januscat

AWWWWW!!!
Not as cute as Chibi Abel but still AWWWWWW!!!!  :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Speaking of cute, I believe you've all missed the really important thing in the current comic: How the in the world can Abel fall asleep inside his own dream?
I claim a hidden Inception reference. :O

Also, my friend, you don't think big enough. :D

Anker Steadfast

Big is good, but cute can also come in small packages:D
They can also be had in adolescent stereo and finally talking cats.

Think we ned more cute ?  :)

Lego3400

The sleeping in the dream Abel is going to wake up to a recursive waking up to being crushed by Anvils.

white wolf

seems like me and amber live in/around the same part of Canada o.o snow storm be raging over here too.
http://crowngpt.com/ use this website to make free money that can be used to donate to Amber. I post this WITHOUT my ref link so i gain nothing, and only attempt to help Amber.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ghostwish

Naldru - Ya know, that's the first theory I've heard of that could plausibly put Aniz anywhere in Dan's family. And really, the way Dee dresses, you can tell she's into kinks. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Ghostwish on February 02, 2011, 12:39:29 PM
Naldru - Ya know, that's the first theory I've heard of that could plausibly put Aniz anywhere in Dan's family. And really, the way Dee dresses, you can tell she's into kinks. ;)

AH No Aniz was (if the report is true) kill before Dee got anywhere near Edward and Alexsi, Naldru.... And why would Aniz go anywhere near Edward if he was his son.  You forget a Cubi to be baby would have one set of wings at birth or they are just a non-cubi baby.  Aniz has a rep for abandoning his non-cubi children at birth.  
And another thing, Dan and Alexsi look alike because they are half-bro and half-sister, and because Half-Cubi will look like the non-cubi parent with Cubi traits over that.  So If Alexsi looks like their father, and Dan must like Edward, than Dan and Alexsi will look like brother and sister.

And Dee dresses ah  well... ah  better than some people.  

PBH

Naldru

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 02, 2011, 01:03:26 PM
And why would Aniz go anywhere near Edward if he was his son.
Am I to understand that somebody is accusing Aniz of rational and consistent thought processes?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Naldru on February 02, 2011, 01:32:18 PM
And why would Aniz go anywhere near Edward if he was his son.
Am I to understand that somebody is accusing Aniz of rational and consistent thought processes?

Now that is scandalous. ;)

berkinix

Aniz has a rep for abandoning his non-cubi children at birth.  

Whoa, Aniz has kids other than Abel? This is new to me. Is there a specific comic or forum post referencing this? (As you can see, I'm kinda new to the forums, though I've been enjoying DMFA for years now...) Unless you're suggesting he's Devin's father, which I've read as a theory but don't know if it has been confirmed. Judging by his coloration, I assumed Dev was from Angel lineage, seeing as how that race is dying out.
Though, Aniz having other children wouldn't surprise me much, and I think might be a real possibility if he really is dead. Abel's cast profile says he's from a nearly extinct clan, and that its members are scattered. I take that to mean there is at least one other Siar Clan cubi in Furrae somewhere. (Then again, since the cast pages are being redone, his page might just be outdated and that info will change once Amber updates his profile.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a reference to an unproven theory that Aniz is also the father of Devin, as per Devin's flashback in Abel's Story (part one, somewhere towards the end-ish - I can look it up if you really want, but...)

Since the theory is unproven, arguing based on that is probably a little over the top - which is why everyone else totally ignored the suggestion. Just FYI.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 03, 2011, 03:27:00 AM
It's a reference to an unproven theory that Aniz is also the father of Devin, as per Devin's flashback in Abel's Story (part one, somewhere towards the end-ish - I can look it up if you really want, but...)

Since the theory is unproven, arguing based on that is probably a little over the top - which is why everyone else totally ignored the suggestion. Just FYI.

You are right the comic doesn't say yea or nae on this one.  But Devin was a little older than Abel's, and was abandon shortly before Abel's birth. They lived in the same town during their childhood.  Aniz could have easily switched over to May after Devin's birth "proved" that mating with Devin's mother would not produce Cubi children. (it would have proved nothing of the kind) Or it maybe that Devin's father was just a jerk.  We know Aniz is ...ah was.    So guilty by repudiation...

Please lets not go into this one again.
PBH

Maark30

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 03, 2011, 12:12:54 PM

You are right the comic doesn't say yea or nae on this one.  But Devin was a little older than Abel's, and was abandon shortly before Abel's birth. They lived in the same town during their childhood.  Aniz could have easily switched over to May after Devin's birth "proved" that mating with Devin's mother would not produce Cubi children. (it would have proved nothing of the kind) Or it maybe that Devin's father was just a jerk.  We know Aniz is ...ah was.    So guilty by repudiation...

Please lets not go into this one again.
PBH

Not so sure.  if Devin's mothers fevered rantings mean anything she had killed off several children before him so I am more with the theory of his father being an Angel trying to bring back his race.  Aniz would have seen all of the killings and just went on to a more stable birthing partner after the first one I would think

Ghostwish

Keep it up, I think they're almost frothing at the mouth...  :mowcookie

Maark30

Quote from: Ghostwish on February 03, 2011, 09:29:16 PM

And some wonder why Amber sits back and watches the conspiracy threads and says nothing.  :mowmeep

Hariman

Quote from: Maark30 on February 03, 2011, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on February 03, 2011, 09:29:16 PM

And some wonder why Amber sits back and watches the conspiracy threads and says nothing.  :mowmeep

One of Amber's fellow comic artists, Tiffany Ross (Of Alien Dice/Shivae.net fame, who once did a crossover wallpaper war with Amber) gave a name to the fun to be had from watching rampant speculation. Tiffany gave said fun a title. That title is:

The Update Game.

It should be noted that being right gives you points, but crowing about being right takes points away.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Anker Steadfast

Maark30

Aurawyn

Quote from: AmberCross on February 01, 2011, 02:58:51 AMSo a year ago in comic time would be... right about when Dan got his wings. Plot senses... still tingling... O_o This is just like one of those things that feels like way too big a coincidence to be coincidental,

Right, and it could also be something Amber did just on purpose to lead to wild speculation that she seems to love so much.. Heheh

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Maark30 on February 04, 2011, 03:43:51 AM
:bunny Too darn cute.  Must get insulin  from the cabinet in section D-3  :mowdizzy http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_373.php   :bunny

Proof that Deebs is dangerous (at least together with Jy).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 05, 2011, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: Maark30 on February 04, 2011, 03:43:51 AM
:bunny Too darn cute.  Must get insulin  from the cabinet in section D-3  :mowdizzy http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_373.php   :bunny

Proof that Deebs is dangerous (at least together with Jy).

Yup, it's a plague of cuteness.   :mowmeep

We will all die from diabetes and cavities. :mowcookie