30/01/2011 [DMFA# 1193] - AAAAIIIIEEEEEE! DIABETIES! MY ONLY WEAKNESS!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 30, 2011, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2011, 11:16:51 AM
Alexsi's mother (possibly, could have been some grandparent even) killed him
Alexsi's mother was called Quintinga (see her cast page).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 11:26:59 AM
Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2011, 11:16:51 AM
Alexsi's mother (possibly, could have been some grandparent even) killed him
Alexsi's mother was called Quintinga (see her cast page).
That makes my hypothesis even more likely.
Thanks!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Aurawyn

Quote from: Shachza on January 30, 2011, 08:34:38 AM
At first I read it as "Quain'tana."
:mwaha  

Actually.. I read it the same way.. Then I thought "Wait... What? Re read that carefully"

:mowsmile

But now this makes me wonder why Able is so keen on helping Dan? I mean, he has NO real connection with Quintinga aside from having the same last name.. Able should be more interested in helping Alexsi than Dan.. in my Oppinion..

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 07:22:53 AMWhat the hell are you smoking? Look at Alexsi's cast page. Quintinga was her MOTHER.

Geeze, llearch, pounce and maul much? I've been reading this comic for years now, and even I didn't remember what Alexi's Mother's name was. (And yes, now I see that it is hinted at in the Rant o' Update, but I didn't read that till now) Could have been a little nicer in pointing out this bit of off hand information

(BTW I found out who she was by instantly jumping to the cast page and looking at Dan's, then going to Alexi's and seeing the name their)

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 08:58:46 AM
\ I'm not suggesting he did, I'm suggesting he became Edward.  We don't know how Quintinga died - it might have been from her injuries.  But if she's dead, she isn't going to notice that Edward isn't quite the same.  It would be very, very convenient if she wasn't around anymore.

This would also be convenient for Destania.  She loved Aniz more than anything else in her life.  If given the opportunity to reunite with him (probably her reason for leaving SAIA in the first place), I think she would take it in a second.  As wonderful as new love is, centuries old love is stronger. 

As to Aniz slashing her face when he left, recall that she is the teacher of torture and pain.  Also remember the look she gave as Aniz was leaving.  One little scratch isn't going to deter her from her goal.

Alondro

*Charles creates another, totally logical, fan-spec*  THE GUMMI BEAR IS ANIZ!!!  HE LIVES IN ABEL'S BRAINZ!!!  D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Alondro on January 30, 2011, 12:19:44 PM
*Charles creates another, totally logical, fan-spec*  THE GUMMI BEAR IS ANIZ!!!  HE LIVES IN ABEL'S BRAINZ!!!  D:

SCANDALOUS!

Stig Hemmer

Silly theory time:

Destania hears that Aniz and Quintinga Ti'Fiona has killed eachother, as witnessed by Edward Ti'Fiona.  She thinks that Aniz has taken Edward Ti'Fiona's place.

When Destania find herself in trouble later, she seeks out Aniz/Edward hoping for at least basic cubic hospitality.

Her angry look in the middle frame of that comic was because "Aniz" pretended not to know her.  Later she discoveres that Edward is not Aniz, but just the being he appears to be.  Still he treated her with such hospitality.

His chivalry moves her to love.  One things leads to another and Dan.

In other news, Abels dreams are the utter and complete cuteness. :mowhappy
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Sofox

NOW I know what all this Aniz fan-speculation reminds me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3DEt5SEqg#t=6m18s
(They're hunting an alien who can turn into anything)

AxiLarin

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 07:45:49 AM
Yeah, I'd love to know how the calendar works.  The significance of the name or other descriptor after the year, for instance...

I guess the big question from this comic is whether Aniz actually is dead or whether he pulled another Cid and disposed of Quintinga to help cover up.  Either way it's not good, since it either means that Aniz is dead and never recovered/made up with Dee, or Aniz faked his death and Dan has two psychos for parents.

I imagine the name after the year would be the name of the ruler of Zinvth at the time.  That's how some ancient civilizations denoted the year, though it was usually "in the 19th year of the reign of Rameses II".  By keeping this date system, however, it helps in understanding the timeline.
I'm less and less inclined to think that Aniz became Edward.  I would think that, no matter if Aniz used an magical artifact to hide his Cubi features, Destania would have been able to detect that he was a Cubi.  Still leaves plenty of questions, though.  You know... this is helping with my Lost withdrawal.

And I MUST have a chibi Abel!!!  Ky00t!!!

Inumo

In response to the dating name thing, maybe those are months? I don't know if there's ever been a reference to our Roman calendar in the canon, but it could also be like during the French Revolution where they made their own calendar, just this one's lasted for much much longer.

LionHeart

Quote from: Sofox on January 30, 2011, 12:31:02 PM

NOW I know what all this Aniz fan-speculation reminds me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3DEt5SEqg#t=6m18s
(They're hunting an alien who can turn into anything)
Appropriately, the creature also feeds on emotions...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: AxiLarin on January 30, 2011, 12:46:35 PM
I'm less and less inclined to think that Aniz became Edward.  I would think that, no matter if Aniz used an magical artifact to hide his Cubi features, Destania would have been able to detect that he was a Cubi.

Yeah, that was the original theory from way back, that she spared him because he was a 'Cubi.
The more recent theory was that Destania was deliberately hunting him, and that this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_298.php
...shows Destania catching up with the man who ditched her.

How likely that is now?  No idea.  I wouldn't rule it out as impossible, but as of this strip it becomes rather more convoluted, and therefore less likely.

MT Hazard

I wonder if Abel's current dream is a reward from an interested party (Mab, Fa'lina, Dest, Cyra) for the help he has already given Dan, or to stop him going over the edge after his recent issues.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Angel

..............(shocked, but something tugs at her mind) Sayitnosayitnosayitnosayitnonono-

Amazon killed the Incubus, Siar? :3

(hits self in head)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Katero

Nope, Falina stated in Abel's Story pt. 2 that the dragon Hizell killed Siar, along with the rest of her clan save Aniz and those two that defected. Unless I'm remembering wrong (which is entirely likely.)

And I'm still hoping we'll get a little more insight as to what made Dee go from "lower mandible piercing psycho" to "Momma's lil angel Dan".

Netrogo

Aww I was all hoping for the "Abel's an all around dick these days because he got his revenge and found out he felt no better as a result" reveal.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Black_angel on January 30, 2011, 01:46:26 PM
..............(shocked, but something tugs at her mind) Sayitnosayitnosayitnosayitnonono-

(hits self in head)

Omg I almost shot soda out of my nose once I got this...  :giggle
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

joshofspam

So what are the odds of Lorenda walking in this cute scene and trying to take a bite out of dream Abel?

Let's face it, this scene is sweet like candy. :3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Angel

Quote from: Katero on January 30, 2011, 02:30:55 PM
Nope, Falina stated in Abel's Story pt. 2 that the dragon Hizell killed Siar, along with the rest of her clan save Aniz and those two that defected. Unless I'm remembering wrong (which is entirely likely.)

And I'm still hoping we'll get a little more insight as to what made Dee go from "lower mandible piercing psycho" to "Momma's lil angel Dan".

Yeah, I know. I was talking about Aniz. He was killed by Alexsi's mum, the Amazon. And I'm a little curious about what exactly changed her as well.

Quote from: D'ymkarra on January 30, 2011, 02:55:32 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on January 30, 2011, 01:46:26 PM

(hits self in head)

Omg I almost shot soda out of my nose once I got this...  :giggle

My work here is done!  :B
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

I see we're all still reaching very hard on the whole "Edward is Aniz!" theory.

And Tape, your attempt was at least noticed, even if you did fail to maintain it for long. :P

Igiul283

Hello. This is my first post.

But it just seems off that Edward could be Aniz.

One, Edward is Alexsi's father, wouldn't she be a cubi then?

Two, If its really aniz/Destania that are Dan's parents then Dan's a full cubi and wouldn't that meant he cubi traits would have been there from day 1?

I think I'm getting this right from re-reading Fluffy's Demo 101, but I would like some help on it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2011, 03:50:13 PM
And Tape, your attempt was at least noticed, even if you did fail to maintain it for long. :P

I dunno...  I could have said a lot more...

Bakoneko

So, to all appearances (and disregarding the possibility of any form of Aniz trickery)...

While Destania was tormenting Abel in SAIA, her future husband's current wife was killing Abel's evil father who is also her ex-boyfriend?

...My head hurts.  And it's awesome. *grabs a chibi Abel to snuggle and some candy and waits for the next reveal on Days of Our Cubi*
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

McKathlin

Whoa!

* imagines a hammer-wielding Amazon striking Aniz down in an epic duel *

Awesome.

By the way, I love the dissonance between the dramatic reveal text and the cutesy dream art.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 04:16:30 PM
I dunno...  I could have said a lot more...

Let's not and say we did, hmm?

Arg, I need to stop looking at these last few pages.  Going to die from cute... Also.. comic needs more M.A.C.E.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 07:22:53 AMLook at Alexsi's cast page. Quintinga was her MOTHER.

I guess some of us haven't looked at that since the last cast updates to see that new information.

If Quintinga killed Aniz, why would Abel care much about Edward's son?

QuoteSheesh. Basic identification, guys. Is it really that hard to figure out which ones are girls and which ones are guys?

Well, when names are made up or from unfamiliar ethnicities, they don't tend to imply one gender or the other. I don't recall Alexsi's mother ever being named before this in the comic.

I was thinking they were locations (city, town, village, county, etc.).

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2011, 10:09:39 AM
It took Aniz decades to get anywhere with her and by all accounts she closed up even worse after Aniz left her.
Then some random Being she tried to kill was not only able to stop her killing them, but get to the point of marrying her in two months, which Aniz never managed to do in several centuries.

It can make a big difference if you read minds and the target has no mind shield and is in love with you.

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 30, 2011, 10:30:12 AM
P.S. Hunnydew - Start at Amber's rant. The name Quintinga has been around longer than I can remember.

I frequently don't think to scroll down to the (out of sight) rant.

Quote from: Katero on January 30, 2011, 02:30:55 PMAnd I'm still hoping we'll get a little more insight as to what made Dee go from "lower mandible piercing psycho" to "Momma's lil angel Dan".

"Momma's lil angel" did it. :mowwink

Quote from: Igiul283 on January 30, 2011, 03:56:50 PMBut it just seems off that Edward could be Aniz.

One, Edward is Alexsi's father, wouldn't she be a cubi then?

Not necessarily, cubi traits could skip a child. I'm not sure if they could still be passed on to that child's children.

QuoteTwo, If its really aniz/Destania that are Dan's parents then Dan's a full cubi and wouldn't that meant he cubi traits would have been there from day 1?

I think I'm getting this right from re-reading Fluffy's Demo 101, but I would like some help on it.

I don't think it was ever specified how cubi-cubi children work out for their early years, whether they still start as if a being or with cubi abilities from the start.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

jmcallaway

I sent this earlier as an e-mail to Ambaargh, but figgered I'd throw it into the Lake and see what it stirs up...

Well, I've been sort of pondering the ponderables regarding the history of Furrae, and with the
latest comic, you've given me some real ammo to work with.  Thought I'd share what I've come
up with.

c.: Circa
BC: Before Council
PC: Post Council; using the dates given in the latest comic (#1193) in conjunction with info
gleaned from the Cast and Demonology 101 pages, I've figured out that the current year in
Furrae is c. 1990 PCC.  Since several characters are much older than that, a logical conclusion is
that the dates given in #1193 represent the time after the creation of the Beings/Creature
Council--a landmark event.

(All dates are purely conjectural...)

-54,730 BC: Nicky (Demon) born
-7298 BC: Fa'Lina (Cubi) born
c. -5010 BC: Cyra (Cubi) born
c. -4000 to -3000 BC: Cyra's ascension as tri-wing, start of Cubi-Dragon War
c. -3000 to -2000 BC: Fall of Clan Fa'Lina, founding of SAIA
0 PC: Founding of Beings/Creature Council (?)
1230 PC: Aliph Soulstealer (Demon, aka. The Dark Pegasus) born
1378 PC: Akaen (Angel) born
1562 PC: Aaryanna (Cubi) born
1562 PC: Kria Soulstealer (Demon) born
1591 PC: Abel Dimitri Rewanz (Cubi) born
1774 PC: Matilda (Mythos) born
1956 PC: Dark Pegasus creates Undead race.
1963 PC: Alexi Ti'Fiona, Merlitz Meshaiko (Beings) born
1965 PC: Daniel Ti'Fiona (Cubi) born
1966 PC: Lorenda Soulstealer (Demon) born
1967 PC: Regina Darkblood (Demon) born
1968 PC: Biggs San, Wildy San born (Beings, twins?)
1969 PC: Jyrras Gianna (Being) born
1990 PC: "Present",  Comic #1193

Congo Jack

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 30, 2011, 06:04:16 AM
Hehehehehehe. Ambaargh, you is gonna kill us all.

Also: I see that Aniz was 813 or so when he was killed. Interesting. So he managed to skulk around Furrae for 350 or so years without pissing anyone else off enough to manage to end him. Sneaky.

... Anyone else interesting in collating money to pay for a wallpaper?
That's EXACTLY how I wanted to know about him - read in the papers that he's dead, then forget. He doesn't deserve any more then that.

hartree

New Motto:

Cry "Gummi Bears!" and let slip the Abels of kyooot!

:mowcookie
Shoes for industry!

Naldru

I don't know whether it's one of the laws of the internet, but it should be:  Don't believe everything that you read on the internet.

The most accurate statement at this time would appear to be:  There was a report that Alexsi's mother killed Aniz.  Since the report used Ti'Fiona as the last name, there is an implication that she may have been married to Edward at the time.

If the report is false, I see the following possibilities: Quintinga actually believes that she killed Aniz but was mistaken, Quintinga knows that she didn't kill Aniz but filed a false report, somebody else reported that Quintinga killed Aniz and Quintinga didn't deny it.  This last case has some of the following subcases:  the report was totally fictitious,  Quintinga killed somebody else, Quintinga did something else that resulted in the report.  One could prepare a fairly substantial tree of candidate hypothesis.  (Actually, the tree above does need some better arranging, but it serves as a starting point.)

More information is required and will presumably be forthcoming in the future.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.