12/04/2010 [DMFA# 1171] - McGuyver likes to use paperclips

Started by Madd the Sane, December 04, 2010, 03:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

This must be partly Abel coping with his "insanity."
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Maark30

As long as he doesn't wake up staring into a snow globe we will be fine.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Inumo

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

The ability to work metal without tools?  That I like. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Awww, he's doing his hair... maybe later they could do each others nails and then ... no, wait ... err, ...what I wanted to say ...

Kipiru

I shudder to think what he can make if he added batteries in the mix- probably something loud and able to cut trees!

Scow2

So, Abel knows about Dr. Who (And mocks those who don't)... but doesn't know MacGuyver? Interesting

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Jasonrevall

He's like MacGuyver and Edward smashed into one who has a father that has a chance of becoming another Harry MacDowel. He's becoming a very interesting character IMHO.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Jasonrevall on December 04, 2010, 12:27:44 PM
He's like MacGuyver and Edward smashed into one who has a father that has a chance of becoming another Harry MacDowel. He's becoming a very interesting character IMHO.
I knew someone would say this sooner or later -w-

But yeah, its interesting to see magic used in different ways in the comic. The possibilities are endless~

Unsilenced

Good god.

Luckily there wasn't a rubber band around or Able would have made a nuclear sub!
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Scrap Fish

Actually.... That would require a tube sock as well.  I think he used the rubber band on the scissor handle already.
Anyway, I agree this is probably Abel trying to distract himself from the fact he just saw the dead walking.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2010, 05:46:30 AM
The ability to work metal without tools?  That I like. 

Well, if he can use the wings to make armor plate, it stands to reason he could use them to shape metal as well.

Heck, there might even be blacksmithing spells ... they'd probably be rather complicated and utterly useless in battle.
Knowing the kind of classes Abel picked (like grassgrowing), that could certainly be a possibility.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 04, 2010, 03:19:03 PM
Well, if he can use the wings to make armor plate, it stands to reason he could use them to shape metal as well.

AFAIK the armour plate was made of his wings.  This is different - sure, you could use tentacles to mill a solid block of metal, but for paperclips -> scissors, you'd either have to melt them or combine/morph them magically.
It would have been kind of cool to see it done :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

tiggertoo

It's unusual enough that Jyrras considers it pretty far out there. Interesting.

OminousShadow

CURSE YOU AMBER! Going away from Dan and Wildy when it was getting good. Now me and any others who were wondering if she was gonna kiss Dan are gonna be left in torment.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 04, 2010, 05:22:17 PM
CURSE YOU AMBER! Going away from Dan and Wildy when it was getting good. Now me and any others who were wondering if she was gonna kiss Dan are gonna be left in torment.

I believe she does that deliberately.

It's called "dramatic tension"...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

I was surprised to learn that there's a Mc Gyver in Furrae. I wonder what species he is.

In any case, it's good to see both Jyrras and Abel are recovering from their respective breakdowns.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Demont

Abel used alchemy to turn the paperclips into a pair of scissors. Fullmetal Alchemist anyone?  :rolleyes

OminousShadow

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 04, 2010, 07:21:58 PM

More like Torture.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Angel

Hrm. Jyrras with a crew-cut will take some getting used to.

Seems to me like all magic is rather like alchemy in the DMFA universe. I'm guessing that like people said, he had to weld the paperclips together.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Captain

Quote from: OminousShadow on December 04, 2010, 07:59:02 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 04, 2010, 07:21:58 PM

More like Torture.

Hey now, if there is a sudden and unexplained drop in quality we will still be crazy about the next comic with these insidious techniques. Of course, considering this is Amber she'd probably skip the comic instead of putting something really crappy that isn't filler when she doesn't feel upto it, then again her dedication is disturbing. Actually forget all that, I can't make up my mind but you know what I mean.
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on December 04, 2010, 07:41:09 AM
Awww, he's doing his hair... maybe later they could do each others nails and then ... no, wait ... err, ...what I wanted to say ...
There can only be one response to that!
Let's talk about boys
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Anker Steadfast

Amber Williams

Spoiler Alert:  She wasn't.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 05, 2010, 08:43:00 AM

oh i dunno, a liverpool kiss could be Wildy's style  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Maark30

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 05, 2010, 08:43:00 AM

I tend to think that the relationship of these two is more brother sister to the point that a naked Wildy would give him the same level of gross as he was made to look like Alexis.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Gabi

Quote from: Demont on December 04, 2010, 07:51:12 PM
Abel used alchemy to turn the paperclips into a pair of scissors. Fullmetal Alchemist anyone?  :rolleyes
Sorry for the late reply, but yes, I thought about that too.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alondro

Quote from: Gabi on December 04, 2010, 07:24:07 PM
I was surprised to learn that there's a Mc Gyver in Furrae. I wonder what species he is.

Got to be a crow.  They're quite good at making tools from random objects in their environment!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif