Cast Page Revisals

Started by Amber Williams, November 15, 2010, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Name: Jyrras Gianna

Reminds me of another inventor, one who is actually obsessed with cheese.

"I'm inventing mostly..."
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jarr

Aw, looks like Azlan's page is getting deleted. I was hoping for a dramatic comeback.

Amber Williams

Lorenda and Pip have been updated.

Azlan and Aliyka have been removed.

joshofspam

The Pip page at the bottom is filled with so much hate. Some may say Pip has anger management problems. I think that's quit the opposite.

The clock work biting therapy for Dan shows quite a bit of well thought out management in Pip's anger. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm surprised that Dan doesn't list on Pip's favorite foods.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 08, 2010, 11:00:41 AM
I'm surprised that Dan doesn't list on Pip's favorite foods.

Oh man totally stealing that and putting that in the page instead. BRB. :U

Gabi

*Laughs* :mowgrin

Just wondering... will Azlan and Aliyka not show up in the comic anymore?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

*laugh*

Amber, you rogue. Stealing things left, right, and center... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

I love to STEAAAAAAAAL. :3

As for Azlan and Aliyka, they will still show up in the comic. It's just going through all my storynotes, they are such a nonpresence that they don't really warrent a cast page to themselves.

The biggest issue with having a cast the size of DMFA is that one has to juggle which characters have enough force to them to warrent one.  Otherwise you end up with a cast page filled with dozens of characters who may or may not last longer than a couple of arcs and random gags.

joshofspam

The page about  Lorenda kind of reminds me that at times she can be a bit to level headed.

"Whoah! Your a big fat cow!"

"Why yes I am! Its so good to see all my efforts finally being noticed!"

"Cool want a drink? My treat!"

Sometimes being the strait man can mean you could be the strangest person around. >:3

But does it mean that characters being cut from the cast page because they make few appearances mean that  Merlitz and  Aaryanna might be cut from the cast page too?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

Amber, the Pip update is just perfect especially the bottom; "He hates you."  simple but funny as hell.  Great job as always.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

MT Hazard

Lore's and Pip's personal description has been altered quite a bit. Some questions

1) Does she still make clothes in her spare time? (to sell or gift)

2) Will she be borrowing the romance novels Alexsi doesn't read?

3) Will the majority of Pip's old info be moved to the drakes demo 101 entry when it arrives?

Captain

I look at the cast page and think "supereyes." Oh wow they are just popping out like never before.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Jasonrevall

I'm really liking these cast page revisals, especially the Mab and Lorenda ones.

Quote from: Captain on December 09, 2010, 06:02:25 PM
I look at the cast page and think "supereyes." Oh wow they are just popping out like never before.

If you are speaking of the new ones in general, I must agree. I think it's fantastic, especially Lorenda's eyes.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Anker Steadfast

Man, Amber is on a roll.
Good stuff.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

A.J.

Yaaaay first post on forum!

Anywho... I must also ask: What will become of Merlitz and Aaryanna? They are on my top 5 list, numbering 4 and 5 respectively (with Wildy at 1, Fa'Lina at 2, and Pip at 3), and I'd really like to see them make a comeback in the comic.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

MT Hazard

Quote from: Spirit Studios on December 28, 2010, 09:27:02 PM
Yaaaay first post on forum!

Anywho... I must also ask: What will become of Merlitz and Aaryanna? They are on my top 5 list, numbering 4 and 5 respectively (with Wildy at 1, Fa'Lina at 2, and Pip at 3), and I'd really like to see them make a comeback in the comic.

Welcome to the forums!

*Insert standard greeting here*

Read the rules. Don't annoy the moderators. (not worth it, trust me) Don't take the karma system (that +/- thing) seriously and you'll be fine.

Regarding Merlitz and Aaryanna, they were based on a couple who own the characters who have now split up so the situation remains...complicated.

A.J.

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 29, 2010, 08:31:39 AM
Welcome to the forums!

*Insert standard greeting here*

Read the rules. Don't annoy the moderators. (not worth,it trust me) Don't take the karma system (that +/- thing) seriously and you'll be fine.

Regarding Merlitz and Aaryanna, they were based on a couple who own the characters who have now split up so the situation remains...complicated.

Well, the rules are a given, like in other forums; the mods are also a given, and I tend to avoid the ban-mallet as often as possible; and I never really did give a hoot about the +/- system, though getting a slew of +'s is rather gratifying.

And the whole thing with Mer and Aary, truly a bummer. Actually, I think I read about that somewhere once, now that you mention it. But still, I did like the couple, and seeing them make a comeback in the comic would be enough, even if it was for half an arc. I would send a bribe, but I lack a form of doing so except for the U.S.P.S. ask Amber nicely, but I don't think that would increase my chances significantly enough in the long run.
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

Captain

Aaryanna was shipped on a bus when she went to be head of the pain and terror department of the academy. Of course Dan will eventually return there so, Aaryanna probably isn't appearing anytime soon but maybe in the future.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Colelinic

So... shouldn't "stuffed trout" be under Dan's favorite foods?

Anker Steadfast

Maybe add Marshmellows to Abel's favorite food ?
His dream sure seems to indicate that he likes them :)

Draken

And Gummi Bears.  You can't forget the Gummi Bears!
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Shouta

I think that M.A.C.E Legs and tail seen to be plan and need some detail and do M.A.C.E have a serial number
-Shouta, The Haibane
I\'m am Companion type AutoReiv that been mod to look like a Eurasian red squirrel. my serial number H 009 type prototype model. Family classified, location classified, bra size classified.

Mao

Quote from: Shouta on February 12, 2011, 12:05:09 AM
I think that M.A.C.E Legs and tail seen to be plan and need some detail and do M.A.C.E have a serial number
-Shouta, The Haibane

I'd think that where this doesn't seem to be her final chassis, the detail on it was left a little plain on purpose.  Not much sense in putting a lot of work into something that will be replaced in what could be short order.  With regards to M.A.C.E. having a serial number?  If she does, it's not in her cast page so until we're told otherwise, I'm going to go with no.

Small word of advice:  Slow down a bit when you type and proofread your sentences some.  While not impossible to read, we do require that folks do their best to communicate clearly and effectively and yours show some signs of being a bit careless.  If you need help with a post, PM a mod and one of us will try to help you.  That said, if you want to be liked and respected around here, it would be to your benefit to get as good of a grasp on written English as you can.  It is the sole method of communication available to all of us here on the forum and being unable to participate properly in this fashion has generally led folks to not have a pleasant experience.

Shouta

I'd think that where this doesn't seem to be her final chassis, the detail on it was left a little plain on purpose.  Not much sense in putting a lot of work into something that will be replaced in what could be short order.

True but we build lot of disposable items that cost millions to build with tons of detail

Small word of advice:  Slow down a bit when you type and proofread your sentences some.  While not impossible to read, we do require that folks do their best to communicate clearly and effectively and yours show some signs of being a bit careless.  If you need help with a post, PM a mod and one of us will try to help you.  That said, if you want to be liked and respected around here, it would be to your benefit to get as good of a grasp on written English as you can.  It is the sole method of communication available to all of us here on the forum and being unable to participate properly in this fashion has generally led folks to not have a pleasant experience.
Sorry but my bad grammar and miss spell is one of my defect but let get this train back on track
I\'m am Companion type AutoReiv that been mod to look like a Eurasian red squirrel. my serial number H 009 type prototype model. Family classified, location classified, bra size classified.

LionHeart

Personally, I suspect that Macy would not have a serial number. Being a "one off", she wouldn't need one.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Maark30

besides, her serial number is a very personal thing.  Would you like people to just have your social security number?  Gees, have some respect for our electron brethren.   :mowdizzy

Sorry just had to toss that curve-ball out    :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shouta on February 12, 2011, 03:15:52 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 12, 2011, 01:03:02 AM
I'd think that where this doesn't seem to be her final chassis, the detail on it was left a little plain on purpose.  Not much sense in putting a lot of work into something that will be replaced in what could be short order.
True but we build lot of disposable items that cost millions to build with tons of detail

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 12, 2011, 01:03:02 AM
Sorry but my bad grammar and miss spell is one of my defect but let get this train back on track

In secondary advice, there's a quote button at the top right of every post. If you use that, it'll put a copy of the post you wish to reference into the post box at the bottom, or the preview box at the top, and wrap it with the correct quote-/quote tags, so that it's easier for other readers to identify which part of the post is yours and which is someone else's.

Might want to mess about with those and the preview button a bit, and see what the difference is.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shouta

Wait maybe M.A.C.E is her serial number, it could stand for

Mechanical
  Anthro
  Companion
zEro

or

Machine-based
  Android
  Creations
zEro

-Shouta, The Haibane

Anker Steadfast

I doubt she'd have a serial number ... she's probably has a one off chassis handbuild by Jyrras.
There would be no need for a serial number.