Cast Page Revisals

Started by Amber Williams, November 15, 2010, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

With DMFA turning ten, I figured it is high time for me to finally upgrade all the art in the cast pages.  My general goal is to get hopefully one done per update but at worst at least one a week.

The new pages are going to get a bit trimmed as well to cut out spoilers and are a bit more simplified to give mainly just some personality info.  So if there was some insane desire to archive old info, I suppose this is warning for people to do so.   Also a good chance for people to shake out spelling typos.  There are also a couple characters that are likely going to be added/dropped from the cast page roster, so consider this a warning as well.  Which ones, well, thats for me to suprise you with. :B

I'm mostly just going down the row updating them, but I will say that if there was a particular character people would like to see upgraded artwise first, bribes of $5-$10 along with the name of said character are always acceptable forms of bribery. :U

So far done:
Dan
Wildy
Mab
Jyrras
M.A.C.E. / Deathbringer
Pip
Lorenda

Up next:
Alexsi

James StarRunner

Tasty~

I don't suppose we can bribe you in other ways for those us who know not what money is?

Nino

Oh wow, the return of the robe. These really will be spoiler-free cast pages then... but it also makes it seem outdated :E HMMM...

I am looking forward to these!

My Predictions:

Let go cast pages:
-Basement rats
-possibly Azlan, Merlitz and Aaryanna
-most likely Aliyka

Additions:
-definitely Bernadette (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_764.php)
-possibly Rose (...>>)
-and more...?

Character I would most like to see included: Mink :3

Amber Williams

Quote from: Kattuccino on November 16, 2010, 12:18:08 AM
Oh wow, the return of the robe. These really will be spoiler-free cast pages then... but it also makes it seem outdated :E HMMM...

Ah heh...yeah....funny that.

I originally intended to announce the cast page until after tonights comic but go figure I got pulled away to work on stuff so the comic got delayed. :B

You are correct Kattuccino though that the basement rats and Aliyka are two that will be getting phased out in the revisal.  They're just far too rare an occurance to really warrent full cast pages in my opinion. 

Amber Williams

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 15, 2010, 11:55:32 PM
Tasty~

I don't suppose we can bribe you in other ways for those us who know not what money is?

I am also partial to bribes of a vacuum cleaner but I expect that one is a bit more troublesome than money. XD

The main reason I am kind of fidgety for money isn't bill related (though uhg...christmas is gonna eat my face and wallet!) but I've been really in need of a vacuum.  My house is like...dust central now. D:

yakanaj

I wish I could help with the vacuum. But ya... money would be easier and I don't even have that... While you're looking this way though, James wanted to show you this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/jaguarstarrunner/Dan.jpg

CoyoteCaliente

So Wildy is the next one to be changed? Cool. Ironic, to be honest though. I thought that Wildy had one of the more "updated" images in terms of style and skill, in comparison to the rest of the cast page. The current one really shows her personality through her expression and pose, in contrast with Mab's pic, which gives her a bit of a .... herp-derp look, to be honest.  :3

That being said, I see how GREAT the new Dan profile image is, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new updates...

And Ten Whole Years of DMFA.... Well, that settles it. I'm going to have to mail the comic (via artist) a Birthday present Amber. It'll be a bit belated while I try to think of something good, as well as scrounge some cash together, but it'll arrive eventually. (That being said, I'll need a mailing address. But not until I have the gift ready.)
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Captain

Dan is looking so much happier and adventuresome now.

I forgot to post that earlier.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

James StarRunner

Quote from: yakanaj on November 16, 2010, 04:45:31 AM
I wish I could help with the vacuum. But ya... money would be easier and I don't even have that... While you're looking this way though, James wanted to show you this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/jaguarstarrunner/Dan.jpg
Ya, that... Could I use that as a bribe to get Lorenda done? :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

Looking at the new cast page, and I have to wonder, is Dan left handed?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 16, 2010, 08:54:42 PM
Looking at the new cast page, and I have to wonder, is Dan left handed?
Hm, I never noticed before, but after going back through most of the archive, I'm beginning to think you are right. Either that, or hes at least partially ambidextrous(which is actually pretty common among southpaws).

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Nino

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 16, 2010, 03:24:47 AM

Ah heh...yeah....funny that.

I originally intended to announce the cast page until after tonights comic but go figure I got pulled away to work on stuff so the comic got delayed. :B

Buahahaha, when I saw the comic today I thought "well played Amber, well played" :D

Amber Williams

Nyar~ :U

Anyways, Wildy and Mab have both been upgraded.

McKathlin

Mab's new cast page picture is adorable!   :mowmeep
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

iceick

Additions:
-possibly Rose (...>>)
Actually, Rose has been in the cast pages the entire time. However, because of a disclamer on her page I'm not allowed to give a link or give any details on what it says. However, Amber will probably make major alterations and post it on the main cast page or just update the picture and leave it where it's at.

Amber Williams

Quote from: iceick on November 21, 2010, 03:20:00 PM
Additions:
-possibly Rose (...>>)
Actually, Rose has been in the cast pages the entire time. However, because of a disclamer on her page I'm not allowed to give a link or give any details on what it says. However, Amber will probably make major alterations and post it on the main cast page or just update the picture and leave it where it's at.

That or I'll just up and delete it once and for all. Thanks for the suggestion! I almost forgot about that one. :U

Jasae Bushae

Yay for the cast page! X3
does this mean that the Demonology page might be updated next year? ^^
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 21, 2010, 04:24:46 PM
That or I'll just up and delete it once and for all. Thanks for the suggestion! I almost forgot about that one. :U

... Dammit.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 22, 2010, 03:25:19 AM

... Dammit.

don't worry, i'm sure some creepy hoarder will still have it for you to look at.

it'll be in the folder over from all the stored ambarghrants.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Inumo

Darkbunny

Quote from: Turnsky on November 22, 2010, 04:00:27 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 22, 2010, 03:25:19 AM

... Dammit.

don't worry, i'm sure some creepy hoarder will still have it for you to look at.

it'll be in the folder over from all the stored ambarghrants.  :U

I think there's a ban of some sort on that.  An ambargho, if you will.

LionHeart

Welcome aboard, Darkbunny. I think you'll fit in nicely.

Have a souvenir coffee mug.

...Also, I'm kinda tempted to grab Rose's page myself. I'm just not sure about the whole "being a creepy hoarder" thing.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Drayco84

If Amber deletes the-pages-we-know-not-of, will we finally be allowed to talk about the-pages-we-know-not-of? Or do they become the-secret-of-the-'cool'-kids?

Turnsky

Quote from: Drayco84 on November 22, 2010, 12:31:54 PM
If Amber deletes the-pages-we-know-not-of, will we finally be allowed to talk about the-pages-we-know-not-of? Or do they become the-secret-of-the-'cool'-kids?

She'll erase your memories of those, too.

just watch out for fae wearing ray-bans.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Drayco84

Quote from: Turnsky on November 22, 2010, 08:25:56 PM
She'll erase your memories of those, too.

just watch out for fae wearing ray-bans.  >:3

Actually, now I have this mental image of a certain fae moving around in a suit and sunglasses, armed with a neuralizer...

Anker Steadfast

Well, I tried sending Amber a 5$ bribe 10$ bribe, but not sure if I did it correctly.
Voted for Deebs / M.A.C.E (or whetever her name is) because they are so out there, that any new reader seeing them for the first time is going to think ???

Ah well, they are on the list I see, so it must have worked. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Captain

I am seriously wondering if there is a way to top Mab's cast update  :kirby. Sure the original was very cute and playful but it's nothing compared to this.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Anker Steadfast

Mab's new cast page is indeed very cute and playful.
But then, she also has friends that sometimes gives her cookies, or even .. *gasp* .. muffins ! :D

In the Portal game, the cake was real !
But evil rumors have it that Mab ate it !

It's not true, she only hugged it a little bit!
With her mouth.

:U

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

CoyoteCaliente

This comment is stuffed with awesome and win.
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Amber Williams

Jyrras has been updated.

The basement Rats have been removed.

Deebs/Macy have been added.