Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

D: OMG!! THE HORROR!!!! D: *feels manliness dying*

ooklah

after having my eyeballs grow cancer, die, rot and  fall out and then grow back in, I have decided this will be a perfect background for my coworkers who forget to lock their computers when they step away!  >:3
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

WhiteFox

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 19, 2010, 08:53:49 PM
Are you?
ARE YOU?!
I most certainly am! I fear no foolish animated fippery.

Dude, this show is awesome.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: ooklah on October 25, 2010, 02:41:29 AM
... I have decided this will be a perfect background for my coworkers who forget to lock their computers when they step away!  >:3

That is entirely too evil and... and... why didn't I think of that?  Maybe that'll finally get people to lock their computers around here!

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Alondro

*has the head of a MLP hanging on his wall, next to the taxidermy stuffed Care Bear* 

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

This looks entirely too much like my ideas for a Neopets cartoon -- details giddily given on request -- except with bigger eyes.

But that's alright, because among other things... well, Twilight is one expressive pony. (Case in point: 3:05.) This actually looks good.  If not for my rarely-actually-acted-upon thing about seeing the old shows and stories that did it all right first, I'd dive headfirst into this and eagerly await the coming episodes.

(Oh, and there's a guy from another forum I kinda know who did an elaborate write-up on the original series.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Drayco84

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 25, 2010, 10:20:30 AM
Quote from: ooklah on October 25, 2010, 02:41:29 AM
... I have decided this will be a perfect background for my coworkers who forget to lock their computers when they step away!  >:3
That is entirely too evil and... and... why didn't I think of that?  Maybe that'll finally get people to lock their computers around here!
Huh... Back at my old job, we just took their browser to Wikipedia, and set the photo for David Hasselhoff as their desktop background... (To let you know how good/sneaky I was at this, I once did this to a coworker while he was setting beside me. And yes, he was sitting in the seat at the comp while I did it. Bweheheheheheheh.) Sadly, DESPITE being a rather effective means at getting newbies to lock their comps, the management started taking complaints of the prank seriously. (Some BS about security and what-not. Look, would you rather have somebody just changing your desktop as a joke, or somebody looking up data they're not supposed to?)
   Anyway, for added cruelty, change their desktop.ini file to Read-Only. (Not telling how to do that one.) To make the trick even easier to pull off when you're away from your own bookmarks, link the image to a tinyurl page and memorize that.

Strangely enough, the new MLP seems easier to watch than the first gen MLP. (I think the art similarities to Powerpuff Girls helps.)

Quote from: Caswin on October 30, 2010, 02:19:49 PM
This looks entirely too much like my ideas for a Neopets cartoon -- details giddily given on request -- except with bigger eyes.
Three words for ya, Caswin...
DON'T.
MENTION.
NEOPETS.
Why could I possibly hate it so? I'll give you just one reason among many...
Shop Restocking.

Ratzel

My male half was hypnotized but I found the pic a little freaky and I'm a girl...

Boog

I don't know which is funnier, finding out that they still make "My Little Pony TV" specials, or that the animation reminds me of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt."

Mao

Having not seen the new MLP stuff, I have to say it amuses me to hear they were done in Panty and Stocking style, which is a perversion of Powerpuff Girls. (iirc)

Brunhidden

My DAUGHTERS are not girly enough for this

Thora

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on October 25, 2010, 01:31:34 AM
D: OMG!! THE HORROR!!!! D: *feels manliness dying*

Quote from: Ratzel on November 14, 2010, 08:23:12 PM
My male half was hypnotized but I found the pic a little freaky and I'm a girl...

I would like to second both of those!  WAY to cutesy for my tastes.  *goes to wash eyeballs with disinfecting bleach* Images still burned in  :mowdizzy *goes back for a second round* 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 20, 2010, 02:44:31 AM
My DAUGHTERS are not girly enough for this

Your daughters, good sir, use a mace. I feel they may not be indicative of your typical small girls. *grin*

... whilst being lovely people in their own right, of course.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Captain

holy whales, I must spread this to my friends.

What have we done?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Vidar

Quote from: Captain on November 21, 2010, 07:09:13 PM
holy whales, I must spread this to my friends.

What have we done?

Unleashed pink, surgery doom of instant diabetes on everyone and everything that watches that unholy resurrection from the 80's?

*injects insulin*
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Kafzeil

Is that creepy Demon thing in it?
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Caswin

Quote from: Kafzeil on November 26, 2010, 12:06:34 AM
Is that creepy Demon thing in it?
Tirac? No, but the threat level does seem to be escalating with every episode after the pilot, so I'm starting to think anything is possible.
Quote from: Vidar on November 25, 2010, 05:52:40 PM
Unleashed pink, surgery doom of instant diabetes on everyone and everything that watches that unholy resurrection from the 80's?

*injects insulin*
From what I've heard... "unholy" might not be half inaccurate, actually.  From what little I've seen of the original show, I wouldn't personally like it, but the aforementioned user who went through the entire series, with just a little extrapolation, describes Dream Valley as in a state of "semi-constant Armageddon" with villains and monsters the makers of the toyline probably did not have in mind, and recently contrasted it with a recent movie on the grounds that "You know how I keep saying My Little Pony is smarter and a lot less sugary than its reputation would suggest? ...I was talking about the original G1 cartoon. I want to make that crystal clear.  :boggle"
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Thora

As someone who actually watched MLP as a kid, as well as owning the toys, the original series was good.  It had danger & problem-solving, things that the newer MLP lacks.  For instance, the "movie" Princess Promenade made everyone into a princess in the end.  This is so unrealistic for children.  Not everyone gets to be a princess & marketing should get away from "princess" crap.  Real life is not fair & kids should learn that early on, not have it dumped upon them when they go into the real world at 18...

Any MLP made in 2000 or later sickens me.  Part of the appeal for me were the humans, the bush-wollies, and Spike the dragon (which MLP screwed up in the Princess Promenade...) 

BTW, my oldest daughter wears my MLP nightgown I got as a b-day gift when I was 7.  It glows in the dark  :mowhappy

Amber Williams

joshofspam

This reminds me of the days I watched Popples, Carebears, Rainbow Bright, and all the out of country cartoons on Nickelodeon when Nickelodeon was still Nickelodeon.

Times seemed so simpler then.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Caswin

Quote from: Thora on November 28, 2010, 01:31:23 AMAs someone who actually watched MLP as a kid, as well as owning the toys, the original series was good.  It had danger & problem-solving, things that the newer MLP lacks.
I think you might be confusing this My Little Pony series with an earlier (but still relatively "late") one.  How does a fallen goddess-in-all-but-name breaking out of her thousand-year imprisonment to plunge the land into eternal night sound to you?

Granted, the episodes after the pilot scale it back, but they still legitimately have "problem-solving" going for them.  It's well-done, charming, and... well, pointedly geared toward a more jaded generation, but still quite good.
Quote from: Thora on November 28, 2010, 01:31:23 AMFor instance, the "movie" Princess Promenade made everyone into a princess in the end.
"And now, for your services to Dream Valley, you're ALL princesses!"
"...but how does that-"
"ONE BONAFIDE PRINCESS PEDIGREE COMING UP!"

EDIT: Good one, Amber.
Yap yap.

Thora

Quote from: Caswin on November 28, 2010, 08:48:23 PM
Quote from: Thora on November 28, 2010, 01:31:23 AMAs someone who actually watched MLP as a kid, as well as owning the toys, the original series was good.  It had danger & problem-solving, things that the newer MLP lacks.
I think you might be confusing this My Little Pony series with an earlier (but still relatively "late") one.

....I was referring to the original series from the '80s... :mowdizzy  Anything newer than that is just not the same for me... 

Quote from: joshofspam on November 28, 2010, 07:45:03 AM
This reminds me of the days I watched Popples, Carebears, Rainbow Bright, and all the out of country cartoons on Nickelodeon when Nickelodeon was still Nickelodeon.

Times seemed so simpler then.

Agreed.  I still remember the old theme song Nickelodeon had... I even had a shirt with "Nickelodeon" on it 3 times in rainbow colors.  Ah, the '80s *dates self*  :mowtongue

Kafzeil

Quote from: Caswin on November 28, 2010, 08:48:23 PM
I think you might be confusing this My Little Pony series with an earlier (but still relatively "late") one.  How does a fallen goddess-in-all-but-name breaking out of her thousand-year imprisonment to plunge the land into eternal night sound to you?

holy crap I need to find the avaibility of this show in Canada now. This actually sounds good.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Kipiru

Kenji

Still my favorite thing to arise from the new show. ACers and MFFers know why. >.>

Caswin

Quote from: Thora on November 29, 2010, 05:54:45 PM
....I was referring to the original series from the '80s... :mowdizzy  Anything newer than that is just not the same for me... 
Oh, I got that.  My point was that the new show (that is to say, the new-new show at hand, rather than that one where they were basically schoolgoing teenagers who happened to be ponies) does have "danger and problem solving".  I can understand if it's not the same, but I really don't see how it's "sickening".
Quote from: Kafzeil on November 29, 2010, 06:46:43 PM
holy crap I need to find the avaibility of this show in Canada now. This actually sounds good.
It's here on Youtube. (I normally wouldn't, but the show's creator herself linked to it "In case you don't get the Hub".)
Yap yap.

Nikki

What is...

I don't...

...Excuse me while I become mesmerized.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Brunhidden

for the last few months my daughter eowyn has wanted a MLP themed birthday party

she now changed her mind because of this, she wants scooby doo instead