Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {03}

Started by shadowterm, June 12, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

I kind of have to side with Ryudo on this one.  The Brotherhood seems to rely more on merging (or poorly splicing) man and machine.  Thus far we have seen cyborg type Brotherhood, but we have not encountered the machine types.  We have encountered a simply programmed warbot (simply being relative as such code constructs necessary to allow it to perform as it did are quite complex).

The more Tape seems to rationalize it, the more such arguments seem irrational and arrogant.  It's almost like waltzing about yelling, "I have secrets!"  I love character backgrounds and a healthy amount of depth, but some characters here can't even visit the loo without flashbacks, inner crisis or catharsis of some type or other.  I am here to experience Ryudo's story, as he is an amazing gamemaster, not any of yours.  Granted, if it works into his story to explore your aspects, then so be it.  However, all your rigamaro is really starting to bog this story down at the moment. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Yes, I've made a few mistakes over the course of the RP.  Yes, the 'Dorcan's secret' thing took more screen time than I intended.  Anyway, we can sit here and argue over where I've screwed up, or we can carry on with the game and I'll try to avoid repeating it in future.  I know which I'd prefer.

FWIW, what really seems to have bogged things down at the moment is that Izzie doesn't know where Exo is, and unless I've missed something, nor does Dorcan.  Ryudo rightly pointed out that we have been monopolising the thing of late so I've been a little reluctant to give it a push.  I can if need be, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 13, 2008, 11:23:00 AM
A nice push would be welcome...

Done.  Jathon suggested leaving the mess, but I didn't see him actually do it, so I'm assuming they're still there.  If that is in error, let me know where they are and I'll correct it appropriately.

Ryudo Lee

PBH, do you mean corporal?  I've never heard of a corpman.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Possibly Corpsman, one of the many names for a medic...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2008, 10:06:23 AM
Possibly Corpsman, one of the many names for a medic...

Remember, there's no e. :B

Sorry, Halo outtake quote. :U

Prof B Hunnydew

Field Medical Service Technician or Advance corpsman for the marines

Jathon is FMST Corpsman  Field Medical Service Schools provides specialized training in advanced emergency medicine and the fundamentals of Marine Corps life, while emphasizing physical conditioning, small arms familiarity, and basic battlefield tactics.

Sorry I misspell it.
PBH

Ryudo Lee

Alright then.  I had never heard of that, but it works for me.

Prof B Hunnydew

Exo Exo?  *KNock Knock*  Oh no his OS lockup  damn Microsoft.. Vista.. Why is it every time they iron out most of the bugs out of a OS system, they have to Update or Create a new one.? 

Exo Exo..Damn man or bot re-boot   reboot.   Where is that reset button?

PBH

Ryudo Lee

Lawl

Exo is designed for Windows Vista  :P

Arcalane

Lord no. Probably running on something mere mortals couldn't even begin to comprehend and operate.

I'll make a post soonish. :P

Azlan

Quote from: Arcalane on August 20, 2008, 01:42:44 PM
Lord no. Probably running on something mere mortals couldn't even begin to comprehend and operate.

I'll make a post soonish. :P

Doubtful, you were not made by a god... so that leaves all us, flawed, imperfect mortals.

Ryudo Lee

Remember, you're unique.  Just like everyone else.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 21, 2008, 09:17:03 AM
Remember, you're unique.  Just like everyone else.

Be original!  Everyone's doing it.

shadowterm

I find it slightly funny that I return after a few days for a bout an hour and no one's posten anything new in the IC thread.
/)//w//(\

Tapewolf

I think we're stalled on Exo.  This sometimes happens.

Ryudo Lee

After Arc makes his next post, I can do a transition to the next area.  Sound good to everyone?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 25, 2008, 10:24:19 AM
After Arc makes his next post, I can do a transition to the next area.  Sound good to everyone?
Very much so.

Ryudo Lee

Okay, so people are taking Gustav seriously now.  Most of the models have it going into the gulf and strengthening and pointing straight at us.  I'm not all that concerned about a hurricane, but when it hits, I almost always lose power, and sometimes water.  Not too much of a big deal, with the exception of Katrina, we sit around for a few days then everything comes back on... then we mop up and move on with our lives.

What this means is that there's going to be a mad dash to make preparations, both at work and at home.  And so I won't have time or energy to devote to much of anything else.  So I may end up falling off the face of the earth for a few days, depending on what this storm does.  If it does hit, I will try and keep everyone updated as best I can.  But I won't know any of that until this weekend.

That said, let's see if we can make some real progress before all the madness happens.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 27, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
What this means is that there's going to be a mad dash to make preparations, both at work and at home.  And so I won't have time or energy to devote to much of anything else.  So I may end up falling off the face of the earth for a few days, depending on what this storm does.  If it does hit, I will try and keep everyone updated as best I can.  But I won't know any of that until this weekend.

Well, good luck.

Ryudo Lee

At this point I think we've done sufficiently enough to transition to the next part.

Arcalane

Blargh, had some critical monitor failure on Tuesday. All better now.

Tapewolf

Unless someone wants to make an "Are we there yet...?" post, I think it falls to Exo again, as he's in charge.

Ryudo Lee

The transition is pretty much done.  At this point, everyone should start with executing plans and making camps or whatnot.

For everyone's information...

My plans for hunkering down and waiting out Gustav have not changed.  We tried to see about getting me somewhere in Mississippi, but that fell through rather quickly.  We then tried to see about getting me somewhere in Arkansas, but that was shot down due to the massive exodus going on right now, and tomorrow contraflow starts up, so I'm not able to leave the state at this point in time.  All the computer models now are showing Gustav to be basically going to the west of my area, and, for lack of a better term, sideswiping us.  I'm in no real danger here.  I wasn't even in any real danger during Katrina.  It's the aftermath that's the issue.  If they can't get power back up, then we gotta go somewhere, and should that happen, I have a couple of places to hide out for awhile.  We'll know more come tomorrow and monday.  It's supposed to make landfall monday afternoon.  So, let's all hope for the best here.

Tapewolf

Good luck.

**EDIT**
It's starting to look like he's going to need it  :<

Ryudo Lee

Good news, I'm hooked up to a generator so I'm able to post from home without worrying about batteries.  There were some tornado's but they didn't get near me.  They got close to my sister, but luckily I don't think there were any fatalities from them.  I'm going back to work tomorrow, and my building has power and the AC is chugging away.

Prof B Hunnydew

Lucky you......h hahah

No it is good to hear, you made it... Now, let's pray that you are not the path of another storm this year.

PBH

Azlan

That is good to hear, I hope the other storms will peter out or shift away from your area.

Ryudo Lee

Yeah there's three more out there.  :erk  But they're a ways away so let's not worry about them yet and get things moving here.