Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {03}

Started by shadowterm, June 12, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 18, 2010, 04:10:19 PM
The good news is that I finally have some help, so some of the administrative duties will be able to be delegated.  I will shortly start getting back into the swing of things.

Good to hear.  I have enjoyed watching the world unfold and I'm glad it will continue to do so.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Ryudo Lee

Lots.  Sorry.  Just as I was getting back in the swing of things "hey here's a huge project that you're suddenly the lead on, good luck!"
I love my job.
My job I love.
Job love my I.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Inumo

If the game's still at least being planned to go on, I'd be willing to play. Just a couple of questions to build my character with...

-How much is known about the Magic Era?
-How much stuff is done digitally/online?
-What are the current limits on psychic powers?
-What are the current limits on magic powers? Especially enchanting and that stuff.
-Are we allowed to invent some cults to add to our character's backstory in addition to the Brotherhood and Rebellion?

I guess that was more than a couple... XD

Ryudo Lee

Knowledge of the magic era is very limited.  If you're thinking of a sort of lore master kind of character, let me know.
This world's online technology can be considered to be on-par to ours.
Psychic and magical power is limited to very simple stuff.  Tell me what you want to do and I'll work with you on it.  As we move further into the story, magic and psi powers will get stronger.
Yes you can add whatever groups you like.

Ryudo Lee

Okay guys, sorry about this but I'm putting this on the backburner for awhile.  There are several reasons, all related to the dreaded RL.

I have multiple major projects all coming in at once at work.  They're basically running a pilot for an overhaul of the entire network and the offices that I oversee are part of the pilot.  Plus there are major upgrades to the phones and network infrastructure coming in as well.  Not to mention upgrades to major applications coming in left and right.  It's a lot of work, especially on my end because I'm the one that has to put together all the documentation, run surveys, and install programs, and there's even more coming down the pipeline too... and I have only one person to help me and her admin account isn't working correctly.  This job used to be a cakewalk.  :<

The homefront isn't looking that great either.  As some of you know, I live with my folks in order to help them with bills so they don't end up homeless.  My dad is having tax problems which has led to wage garnishment, and my mom is on permanent disability due to multiple strokes a few years ago.  And to make things even more interesting, I have my sister, her boyfriend, and her daughter living with us.  I haven't said much about my niece to you guys, but suffice it to say, she's autistic, and 5 years old.  I love my niece, but there are some good days and lots of bad days for her.  The positive side of this is that her father is responsible enough to want to have her in his life, so he tries to take her to his place as often as possible.  The negative side is that my mother spoils that child six ways to sunday, so whenever she doesn't get her way she goes crying to my mother who in turn coddles her.  This frustrates me, my father, and my sister to no end.  Mostly because she gets away with things that my sister and I would have gotten the switch for, but I digress.  The situation can get very exasperating.

I'm also paying the majority of bills, including the groceries, on top of my own bills.  I'm broke all the time due to this.  I'm not in the red yet, but if things don't change soon, it won't be long before I will need to sell something to keep people fed and keep the lights on.  Anyone who's been in this situation knows how heavily it can weigh on a person.  I get some sympathy on this, but not much else.

But wait, there's more.  Since my grandfather's passing, my grandmother needs someone to be with her on a daily basis.  Since she had her stroke a few years back, she's mostly immobile and has a hard time talking.  I think I've mentioned this before.  We have a day worker stay with her monday thru friday, but she doesn't work weekends.  So my parents have been making the two hour drive every weekend to sit with her.  Well, my grandmother and my mother had a falling out and now my mother won't go over there anymore.  So my father is making that trip by himself every friday and coming home on sunday nights completely exhausted, often to a screaming autistic child, a frustrated wife, and me and my sister who's had to deal with it all weekend long.  Needless to say, all of us are getting grey hair, me especially (and I'm only 29, btw).

In a nutshell, I'm too busy during the day and too tired at night to even think about what's going on in here.  In fact, I've been writing this message between working on projects.

There is some good news though!  The projects at work have a tentative completion date of September 30.  It's not a solid date, but around that time all of my projects should be completed or nearing completion status.  Once that's done, my next set of projects in the pipeline will be a few months away, so I think around the end of September I should be able to get myself back into gear.

So BotM is on temporary hiatus until things get better in my world.

Tapewolf

Thanks for the heads-up, and I hope things work out.
If the hiatus is long enough to have the threads frozen, let me know and I'll unlock them.

Azlan

Ditto with what Tape typed, except for the mod thing  :3.  Hang in there and keep safe.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

shadowterm

Best of luck with all of that. I hope something turns for the better soon.
/)//w//(\

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sounds nasty :S Best of fortitude for dealing with this, it can't be easy, or pleasant.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Inumo

Best of luck with it all. Not to sound mean, but your mom really should learn the line between being nice and coddling... I know of a few kids that've had the same treatment. Everybody BUT their parents and other like them generally hate them. Could you return the list of character concepts for me so I can keep them in mind for when this starts back up?

Hope things get better soon. :S

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2010, 03:05:48 PM
If the hiatus is long enough to have the threads frozen, let me know and I'll unlock them.

Or me. Or Darkmoon or Damaris, for that matter. Heck, even Zina or Bill, if you can find them online ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Alright, I'm back for the most part.  Let's get this thing going.  Who all is still in this?  (Sending out PMs too)

Tapewolf

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Gonna be weird starting back up after so long, but I'm good for it. Count me in. :D

Azlan

I am still occupying this particular dimensional level...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ryudo Lee

Working with Inumo on that character.  We should be able to hash something out soon.

Also, the IC thread is locked.  Can we have it unlocked please?

Sprocketsdance

sorry it took me so long, but I'm game (still a bit hobbling but eh, I'll give it a go!)  :boogie

Inumo

Okay, current character concept is a Magic Era historian that's picked up a few survival skills for self-preservation. Ryudo wanted me to post that here for your input... Not entirely sure why. So, input? :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on September 30, 2010, 12:00:07 AM
Okay, current character concept is a Magic Era historian that's picked up a few survival skills for self-preservation. Ryudo wanted me to post that here for your input... Not entirely sure why. So, input? :P

I don't see a problem with that idea myself.  Dorcan would probably keep bugging him for a history lesson, though.

Ryudo Lee

Waiting on Fet, Chance, and Jexx to do something.

techmaster-glitch

Sorry! Am gonna try and get a post in later today.

Ryudo Lee

Two things.

1 - Jexx is my freakin' hero now.  *Intense firefight just ended* Jexx: WHEEEE!

2 - Since this thread has gone to 35 pages, can we split it off, and leave the first post for me to edit, please?