Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {03}

Started by shadowterm, June 12, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowterm

Indeed

EDIT:

This is the third OOC thread for Brotherhood of the Machine.  The previous one is here:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4599.0.html

The current one is here:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4654.msg197076.html#msg197076

--TW
/)//w//(\

Prof B Hunnydew

Super Bunny could be a "real" superhero character like Superman.  And a Bugs comedian would have done a spoof of him.  This T-Shirt was not of Bugs or I would have said, so.

PBH

Ryudo Lee

Okay, I've edited the first post to get my list of players' profiles back up.  It wasn't an easy thing to do, sifting through the old OOC stuff to find some of the old profiles that got separated from the original post when things got split up.  But at least now I know how to use the Search function.  Anyway, once we get shadow into the game, I'll add him to the list.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 11:18:09 AM
As the meeting broke up, Dorcan made his way to the armoury with the others.  'Cubi were generally trained to act independently and in a clandestine fashion rather than as part of a well-ordered militia, so there certain gaps in his knowledge.  As a result, Morgan's attempts to make him march fell somewhat by the wayside.

I find that rather odd, but whatever... think whatever you feel like thinking.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on June 14, 2008, 12:01:17 AM
I find that rather odd, but whatever... think whatever you feel like thinking.
If you'd like me to change it, suggestions are welcome.

Otherwise, I guess it's time for a scene change.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

shadowterm

I'm afraid that I may have to delay my entry into this RP, as my school decided to tell me yesterday that I'll be going to summer school Wednesday. I'll try to post from my school and the library, but something tells me that may not be a good idea, it's kind of the reason I have summer school in the first place.
/)//w//(\

Tapewolf

Sorry to hear that.  I'm sure we/Ryudo can probably auto your character for a bit.

Ryudo Lee

Okay, well let us know if you can post from school or whatnot.  I'm ready to do a transition post so that you can come in.

shadowterm

Yeah, I'll try to keep on top of things, I just thought I'd let you know ahead of time just in case.
/)//w//(\

Tapewolf

Ryudo Lee

Yeah, it's me this time.  I'm trying to think of the best way to do the transition... between being busy at work and being home with the ickness that's been plagueing my folks.

Ryudo Lee

Okay, so do we want to wait for shadow or go on without him?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 23, 2008, 12:57:59 PM
Okay, so do we want to wait for shadow or go on without him?
Tough call.  I'm going to be patchy myself for the next few days (or more) owing to AC.  One of the things I was planning to do with shadow was have Dorcan reveal his own mechanical nature to him, which would be done during the trip (as I did with Baiye IIRC).  If he's not here to do that, it puts Dorcan at a bit of a disadvantage, though it's hardly fatal.

techmaster-glitch

Just a notice to all the RPs I'm in, my primary internet source has been cut off due to a RL problem completely unrelated to me and out of my control. While I still have access to a computer and internet, it will be very limited for the foreseeable future, and my activity here on CMF will be greatly reduced. However, I will still be here. I do not know when I will have full access restored, if at all.
   But I'm still in.

Arcalane

What is this, X-COM? :U

I may have overestimated the availability of energy weaponry; but then I do not believe that it's inavailability was particularly specified anywhere.

techmaster-glitch

From what I can tell, the Rebellion has energy rifles of some sort, but not energy pistols. Ryudo seems to be posing that the Brotherhood of the Machine actually came up with all (or most) high-tech equipment and weaponry available, and while the Rebellion might have their own stuff, most of it was reverse-engineered from the Brotherhood. That would explain why the rebellion hasn't been able to compact an energy weapon into pistol form yet.

This is just what it looks like to me. I could be very wrong, must wait on Word of God for confirmation.

Ryudo Lee

That is exactly what I'm saying.  Most of the technological advances have been made by the Brotherhood, which is one of the reasons they have so much pull in the world.

Azlan

I have ion pistols... does that mean Morgan is really cool and ahead of the curve?

Is a laser rifle available or what... the quartermaster seems to indicate only slug throwers which |= stealth.  I'm tired of playing games where all I get to do is bounce light pistol rounds off of heavy armor.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ryudo Lee

Well there are the plasma rifles, which in the past have been shown to work effectively.  The pistols are really the only slug throwers in the armaments right now, unless Morgan wants to volunteer his ion pistols for study and reproduction.

And it's a safe assumption to think that the site you're going to is going to be populated with workers and zealots, and maybe overseen by an elite, which doesn't require all that much heavy firepower.

And let's not forget that weapons aren't the only thing you can requisition.  There's also vehicles and personnel.

Tapewolf

In that case, I'll probably edit Dorcan's post so he goes for the stunner again.  It didn't work very well, but it did subdue the enemy and should therefore serve as a backup.

Ryudo Lee

The crossbow will work, and I think I'll go ahead with the laser rifle too.  Edited my post.  Dorcan and Morgan got all they asked for.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on July 08, 2008, 10:15:50 AM
The crossbow will work, and I think I'll go ahead with the laser rifle too.
Oh... if laser rifles are available, I'll re-edit to have him chose that again.

To be honest, the thing about 'standard issue' is a little confusing, since the group is split into two teams with very different goals, and different requirements - brute force for one and stealth for the other.  Granted the rebels are liable to have a more limited tech base to build weapons from, though.

And then there's the fact that Dorcan hasn't had marksman training.  The closest he's come to it in FH is to threaten someone at point-blank range.

**EDIT**

Reverted post.

Tsiana

It isn't too late to join is it?
this sounds really cool.
and when would all this be starting?
just let me know and i'll post my profile and such

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

Don't listen to him.... Post your character, and Ryudo Lee will let you know if you are in?

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, of course. I wasn't suggesting otherwise - the game is open, but you should be aware that it _is_ running already, and has been for a while.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Tsiana on July 15, 2008, 05:47:28 PM
this sounds really cool.

It's never too late to join.
Thank you.
The game has been running for quite some time.
Make sure you follow the character creation guidelines that I posted in the first post of this thread.

Tsiana

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on July 16, 2008, 09:20:09 AM
Quote from: Tsiana on July 15, 2008, 05:47:28 PM
this sounds really cool.

It's never too late to join.
Thank you.
The game has been running for quite some time.
Make sure you follow the character creation guidelines that I posted in the first post of this thread.

Ok... silly question... where do you want me to post it... XD

Ryudo Lee

shadowterm

Okay, I'm now officially back and up to speed.
Tapewolf,
QuoteOne of the things I was planning to do with shadow was have Dorcan reveal his own mechanical nature to him, which would be done during the trip (as I did with Baiye IIRC).  If he's not here to do that, it puts Dorcan at a bit of a disadvantage, though it's hardly fatal.
I'd be fine with this, and I'm glad I got back in time to play my part in the stroy.
/)//w//(\