Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {03}

Started by shadowterm, June 12, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Argh argh argh. Will post soon. Busy me is busy. :B

Ryudo Lee

It would help if someone would post, before the IC thread gets bumped off the first page...

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 10, 2008, 10:17:33 AM
It would help if someone would post, before the IC thread gets bumped off the first page...
I've been mulling over it.  IIRC the trip was divided into two stages, the first of which was to get close to the destination, at which point the teams were assembled before heading to their ultimate destination (the second stage).

I'm assuming we're at the regrouping point.  Is that correct?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Prof B Hunnydew

I am not sure what i can add to the story besides

"Are we there, yet?"

PBH

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Sorry it took me some time to get a post in. Been kinda busy these past few days.

Arcalane

Cookie to the first person to identify where "I'd wish you luck, but I don't think that sort of think matters to your kind." came from. It came from a game, specifically. One with jetpacks. :U

techmaster-glitch

Arcalane

Of course. I'm just trying to move things along a bit rather than getting us held up even more.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on September 23, 2008, 09:23:10 PM
Cookie to the first person to identify where "I'd wish you luck, but I don't think that sort of think matters to your kind." came from. It came from a game, specifically. One with jetpacks. :U

... Leisure Suit Larry? Jetset Willy?

Or am I going too far back?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2008, 10:40:27 PM
I don't remember jetpacks in JSW.  Monty on the Run had one, though.  That was pretty awesome.

Quote from: Azlan on September 23, 2008, 08:39:12 PM
Oh Dorcan, and everyone else who may not be familiar, I have special forces... experience... we will be using standard operational handsigns, keep chatter to a minimum."
He demonstrated for Dorcan's benefit and anyone else who might not have been in the same branch of service or a different nation's special forces.

Might it be an idea to give us a brief rundown here of what can be expressed that way?  Otherwise I'll have to guess, which is liable to be wildly inaccurate.

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2008, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: Arcalane on September 23, 2008, 09:23:10 PM

Or am I going too far back?

Too far back.

~~

Tape; hand signs can vary a lot. There are some basic ones like "stop", "go", and so on and so forth. I assume Azlan will specify the meaning of any gestures made during the course of the stealth sequence/mission.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on September 24, 2008, 09:15:12 AM
Tape; hand signs can vary a lot. There are some basic ones like "stop", "go", and so on and so forth. I assume Azlan will specify the meaning of any gestures made during the course of the stealth sequence/mission.
No doubt - I'm more worried about if we have to signal to him.  If only something that expresses "What the heck's this?"
Still, I'm sure it can be improvised if need be.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 09:20:11 AM
No doubt - I'm more worried about if we have to signal to him.  If only something that expresses "What the heck's this?"
Still, I'm sure it can be improvised if need be.

... Laurel & Hardy comes to mind. Take off your hat and scratch your head at him. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2008, 10:00:27 AM
... Laurel & Hardy comes to mind. Take off your hat and scratch your head at him. ;-]
I don't think Azlan would ever forgive me for something like that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ryudo Lee

If no one has any objections or has anything else to add, I'll go ahead and make the transition to nightfall soon.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 24, 2008, 01:46:14 PM
If no one has any objections or has anything else to add, I'll go ahead and make the transition to nightfall soon.
Sounds good to me.

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 04:44:10 AM
Might it be an idea to give us a brief rundown here of what can be expressed that way?  Otherwise I'll have to guess, which is liable to be wildly inaccurate.

Generally its very simple stuff.  Actions like Stop, fan-out, crouch down, etc.  Gestures can be communicated via a look to the team member to indicate they are the active person the next gestures refer to, a direction to look or move, and an action such as take out an indicated target, move to location and observe or take up point, etc.

I expect that Morgan can do a better explanation then I can, and I plan on indicating in a post (with an OOC tag) on what he means by the gesture and what it entails.  Do not worry, I'm not going to type out some complicated gesture in the RP and expect you to interpret it.  PM can be used for discussions or this OOC thred if more clarification is needed.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 24, 2008, 10:11:47 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2008, 10:00:27 AM
I don't think Azlan would ever forgive me for something like that.

It would be good for a laugh, but Morgan would not be amused.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on September 24, 2008, 02:43:43 PM
Generally its very simple stuff.  Actions like Stop, fan-out, crouch down, etc.  Gestures can be communicated via a look to the team member to indicate they are the active person the next gestures refer to, a direction to look or move, and an action such as take out an indicated target, move to location and observe or take up point, etc.
Okay, thanks - that works for me.

Tapewolf

Ryudo Lee

Well someone needs to take charge.  I figured Morgan was going down that route, but having Exo chime in would help.

And I wonder if Jexx is ever going to mention that armored convoy he saw earlier...... </hint>

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 03, 2008, 12:17:37 PM
And I wonder if Jexx is ever going to mention that armored convoy he saw earlier...... </hint>
He's still mad at Exo :U Heck, he might've even forgotten about it by now...but I'm sure it'll come up eventually ;)

Something Completely Different.
   Just a notice to all RPs I'm in, I will be absent from Monday to Thursday on a camping trip in Yosemite. My characters will all be quiet for that time. I don't think that's enough time for anything to happen to make autoing necessary, but if something does happen, my guys will just be running around behind everyone else.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 03, 2008, 12:17:37 PM
Well someone needs to take charge.  I figured Morgan was going down that route, but having Exo chime in would help.

I was going to post something, I've not had enough time to get to all the RPs and post worthy additions to the story.

techmaster-glitch

Well, I seem to be leaving just as the action's about to start. If nothing actually -happens-, then Jexx is just tagging behind Big, Metal, and Rusty. If fighting does actually break out, then Exo can just tell Jexx to either hide in some foliage or try to circle around, and then attack on Exo's command (which won't come until I return), unless someone can think of a better idea. It works with Jexx's character, because he's a hit-and-run skirmisher anyway.

Arcalane

Blagh! I swear, I don't know where all my time goes, but it goes somewhere I'll say that much. Anyway, got a fairly decently sized and rather speech-heavy update done.

Azlan

I think I forgot how many people and what types are on my team... its been awhile.  If anyone remembers offhand, that would be great... I could always look it up, but I'm being lazy at the moment.

Tapewolf

As I see it, the stealth team consists of Morgan, Dorcan, Jathon and Izzie, who is currently on auto.  Plus any NPCs.

**EDIT**
Scratch that, it looks like Jathon was reassigned.

techmaster-glitch

Ryudo, if you need to auto Jexx to shoot stuff and retreat with the 'failed recon' so you guys don't have to wait up on me, you can. Just have him yellsomething like "Eat burning plasma, ass-faces!" or something like that.

See ya friday! (maybe Thursday night)