13/08/2010 [DMFA #1137] - Another cat stuck in a tree

Started by Bjalf, August 13, 2010, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

Quote from: Anri on August 13, 2010, 07:32:23 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 13, 2010, 07:29:30 PM
I strongly hesitate to go with anything buzzing since most small bugs' buzzes are just the beating of their wings, not vocalizations.

I'm thinking more like cicada trills.

I'd say that would be even worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada#Cicada_song

King Of Hearts

Bring me Pictures! Pictures of Spider-ma-- I mean Jyaras!

Madd the Sane

On closer inspection of the camera, it looks digital. Well, it looks like a brick, but I do think I can see an LCD screen on the back.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 15, 2010, 05:10:44 AM
On closer inspection of the camera, it looks digital. Well, it looks like a brick, but I do think I can see an LCD screen on the back.

In case you don't recall, some cameras had a glass window on the back so you could see the film, which usually had a counter on it to show you how many were left.

Admittedly not SLRs, which is the sort of thing a pro would carry around, though. ;-]

Edit:
Heh. It just occurred to me... Chicki really is a "shutterbug"...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bjalf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2010, 05:37:31 AM
In case you don't recall, some cameras had a glass window on the back so you could see the film, which usually had a counter on it to show you how many were left.

Admittedly not SLRs, which is the sort of thing a pro would carry around, though. ;-]

Actually, my old SLRs have a little holder where you put the end of the film box as a reminder, like this:

But Chicki's camera is definitely not an old-school SLR. Could possibly be a compact, but most probably a modern digital.

:milklaugh

Anker Steadfast

I think it's a "camera".

I know that sounds a bit silly, but I really don't think Amber took the time to consider the insides of something as small as a camera.
For all we know, it runs on magic and it has a little picture imp in it.

I just hope he doesn't run out of red paint, like Twoflowers picture imp does.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Bjalf on August 15, 2010, 06:00:17 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2010, 05:37:31 AM

:milklaugh

... Comments about the room being bugged should go in the same place, then?

(thanks, T)

Alteisentier

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 15, 2010, 06:45:36 AM
I think it's a "camera".

I know that sounds a bit silly, but I really don't think Amber took the time to consider the insides of something as small as a camera.
For all we know, it runs on magic and it has a little picture imp in it.

I just hope he doesn't run out of red paint, like Twoflowers picture imp does.

:D

I think here you are doubting the great mind that is Amber.. Von.. Amber Amberstein.

Clearly the intricacies of the thing you call a 'Camera' have been worked out to the most minute details. I fear I must report the camera really is an elder being from another universe, whose name I dare not pronounce in fear and awe of it's majesty, this camera, so evil. So well crafted from the bones of a god.That it has entire galaxies inside it. worlds with in worlds inside of it, those poor, helpless planets act as film, recording the lives of those caught with in its glass eye stare of doooom. Capturing their soooouls. Forced imprints onto the poor, helpless beings that must live on these slave planets. Living out mock lives of these 'fake souls' force onto them. Oh yes, this is no mere ordinary mortal camera. It is a plot so great, so foul. That even the strongest of beings will have their wills broken like sweet, sweet candy glass at the reveal of the twist.

OH THE HORRORS IN STORE FOR POOR BLACK AND WHITE COOKIE DUDE WITH WINGS.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Sofox

Alteisentier

Quote from: Sofox on August 15, 2010, 10:15:42 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on August 15, 2010, 09:55:52 AM
Maybe the camera is Aniz?

:U

PUT THAT ONE THE WIKI, NOW!

MY WILD SPECULATION GLAND CAN NOT HELP BUT GESTATE INANE OPINIONS!
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Mao

Bjalf

Anyhoo, time for wild and woolly speculation.

Abel will probably take the camera. He doesn't know how to erase the pictures, and he doesn't want to take any pictures. And since he doesn't want to be caught with the camera, he hides it somewhere in Jyrras' house.

So, who will find it later? I'd guess Deebs or Lorenda.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Bjalf on August 15, 2010, 12:58:39 PM
Abel will probably take the camera. He doesn't know how to erase the pictures, and he doesn't want to take any pictures. And since he doesn't want to be caught with the camera, he hides it somewhere in Jyrras' house.

Dammit Bjalf, I'm loving the simple, evil logic with which your mind works. This theory thus far makes the most sense (and has the most comedic potential) of any I've heard thus far  :mwaha
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 15, 2010, 07:05:00 AMI think here you are doubting the great mind that is Amber.. Von.. Amber Amberstein.

... Amber von Amberstein ?

Dude, that's crazy !  :U

Quote from: Drathorin on August 15, 2010, 09:55:52 AMMaybe the camera is Aniz?

*thwack*

Bad boy - BAD boy !!
Aniz theories are evil.

Quote from: D'ymkarra on August 15, 2010, 01:44:11 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on August 15, 2010, 12:58:39 PMAbel will probably take the camera. He doesn't know how to erase the pictures, and he doesn't want to take any pictures. And since he doesn't want to be caught with the camera, he hides it somewhere in Jyrras' house.

Dammit Bjalf, I'm loving the simple, evil logic with which your mind works. This theory thus far makes the most sense (and has the most comedic potential) of any I've heard thus far  :mwaha

I have to agree here - That is both simple and devious.
And even plausible.

Plausible deniability that is.
Offcourse, I'm rooting for Deebs finding it. :D

Scrap Fish

I leave for a while, and come back for this whole series on the Insectis... Wow. He/She/It/They crack me up for some reason.
(Maybe I'm just tired.)

Quote from: Sofox on August 13, 2010, 09:14:04 AM
Jyrras: You're spying on me?
Abel: No, I can prove that this isn't my camera, it's got naked pictures of me on it!
Jyrras: ...what?

...Awwwwkwarrrrrd...

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 15, 2010, 05:50:49 PM
... Amber von Amberstein ?

Dude, that's crazy!
Nay, Amber von Amber Amberstein!
Okay, that is a bit much.

My guess is that
A: Abel leaves the camera, gets ambushed upon exit.
Or
B: Leaves camera, Chicki finds a way inside.

Also: Cicadas are crazy loud! If the Insectis spoke like that, I would run too!

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

That_wolf

I made this prediction before, but I think Chiki's an agent from the magical council/Aniz. That, or Jyrras(or Dan. Think about it) gets the camera, and hilarity happens.
Abel needs a hug...

Alteisentier

Why does everyone think she is evil, maybe she is just a cute bug lassy. A cute, huggable lassy bug who is lovely and curious and just needs friends for her hive mind (and hugs)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 07:29:59 AM
Why does everyone think she is evil, maybe she is just a cute bug lassy. A cute, huggable lassy bug who is lovely and curious and just needs friends for her hive mind (and hugs)

... friends for her hive mind ...

Ok, that's pretty freaky.  :D

Mind you, the real world is even stranger.
I once read that a jumping spider has to pull it's mandiblbes trough it's brain, when it molts !!
I don't think even Chicki does that.

I think you are right on the money with the hugs tho. :)

Draken

I say we start a Hugs for Bugs campaign.

She needs more hugs. Quick!  Get her!
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Alteisentier

Quote from: Draken on August 16, 2010, 08:57:52 AM

I am totally all over this suggestion.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 10:52:39 AM
Quote from: Draken on August 16, 2010, 08:57:52 AM

I am totally all over this suggestion.

I think that's what we were afraid of...

Grey Wolf

Maybe people think things would be more interesting if she were actually a cog in a diabolical master plan. Also, she's a bug. Who are people more likely to empathize with and trust? A buggy critter, or a fluffy fur?

That said, I'm with you on this one. I could use a friend like Chicki; she'd balance out my cynicism :3
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

That_wolf

I'm not saying Chiki's evil, I just want Aniz to come onto the main commic. Though even if Chiki ISN'T evil, s/he's still awesome.
Abel needs a hug...

Alteisentier

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 16, 2010, 12:35:52 PM

Maybe people think things would be more interesting if she were actually a cog in a diabolical master plan. Also, she's a bug. Who are people more likely to empathize with and trust? A buggy critter, or a fluffy fur?

That said, I'm with you on this one. I could use a friend like Chicki; she'd balance out my cynicism :3

Then we need to stand up and fight for the equality of our chitinous covered buggy friends, no more shall they be held lower than fuzzy flammable puppies simply because they can roll over on their back and kick their legs in the air. Join the bug hug rights movement today, hug a bug. Bug someone who doesn't hug.  Bed time huggle bugs. viva la huggulations!

Quote from: That_wolf on August 16, 2010, 12:55:23 PM
I'm not saying Chiki's evil, I just want Aniz to come onto the main commic. Though even if Chiki ISN'T evil, s/he's still awesome.

Everyone is Aniz

Err Evv E.. 01000101 01010110 01000101 01010010 01011001 11111111111111  i....ss

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LionHeart

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 01:01:56 PM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 16, 2010, 12:35:52 PM

Then we need to stand up and fight for the equality of our chitinous covered buggy friends, no more shall they be held lower than fuzzy flammable puppies simply because they can roll over on their back and kick their legs in the air. Join the bug hug rights movement today, hug a bug. Bug someone who doesn't hug.  Bed time huggle bugs. viva la huggulations!

Sounds like you've really embraced the idea...

Quote from: Bjalf on August 16, 2010, 01:05:07 PM
Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 01:01:56 PM

Everyone is Aniz

I'm not.

Neither am I.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Cogidubnus

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 14, 2010, 06:56:35 AM
Bring me Pictures! Pictures of Spider-ma-- I mean Jyaras!

But this is a poetry journal!  :dface

Additionally, is it not written, that if you should meet the Buddha Aniz upon the road, kill him?

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...