Starcat5

Quote from: LionHeart on August 16, 2010, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on August 16, 2010, 01:05:07 PM
Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 01:01:56 PM

Everyone is Aniz

I'm not.

Neither am I.
"I used to be."

(Ok. Seriously, does anyone get the reference I'm going for here? It has been YEARS since I saw that ep of Darkwing Duck, and I can STILL hear that silly Duck-turned-Stegasaurus's voice, clear as a bell.)

Also, any word on Amber? She said the comic would be up BEFORE Monday, not AFTER. Granted, I wouldn't bother sending out an "Amber Alert" until she misses Tuesday's comic as well. I'm sure if something is VERY wrong, eather her brother or her hubby will let us know.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Anri

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 16, 2010, 01:01:56 PM

Everyone is Aniz

Pfft! Kitsune are quite a bit more refined than some lowbrow dream-sucker! Reality is my tapestry, to be woven with fine illusions and... hey, wait a sec. Do I smell bacon? Ok, who's got the bacon. GIMMIE THE BACON!

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Draken

Hello.  This is Draken, founder of the Hugs for Bugs Foundation.

For centuries, bugs of good makings have been given undue hatred and scorn, even those of a cute and ultimately huggable variety.  Our foundation is made so that those who deserve a nice long hug in response to such unwarrented abuse are given freely. 

Like poor Chicki here. 

She has just come up into the world, and already people are thinking the worst of her.  Accusing her of being a murderous cubi in disguise.  Or a pawn in some evil plot, some theorizing by a chess-master fey. 

All she wants to do is see the world and bask in it's wonders.  She is in desperate need of a hug. 

So please.  Help our foundation by hugging the nearest love-needing bug you can.  As many times as you can.  They have feelings too you know.

*Cue cheesy charity music*
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

That_wolf

Quote from: Draken on August 17, 2010, 01:27:44 AM
Hello.  This is Draken, founder of the Hugs for Bugs Foundation.

For centuries, bugs of good makings have been given undue hatred and scorn, even those of a cute and ultimately huggable variety.  Our foundation is made so that those who deserve a nice long hug in response to such unwarrented abuse are given freely. 

Like poor Chicki here. 

She has just come up into the world, and already people are thinking the worst of her.  Accusing her of being a murderous cubi in disguise.  Or a pawn in some evil plot, some theorizing by a chess-master fey. 

All she wants to do is see the world and bask in it's wonders.  She is in desperate need of a hug. 

So please.  Help our foundation by hugging the nearest love-needing bug you can.  As many times as you can.  They have feelings too you know.

*Cue cheesy charity music*

No, I'm calling her evil, because I think fun-evil is the most fun position ever.
Abel needs a hug...

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on August 16, 2010, 03:38:34 PM
Also, any word on Amber? She said the comic would be up BEFORE Monday, not AFTER. Granted, I wouldn't bother sending out an "Amber Alert" until she misses Tuesday's comic as well. I'm sure if something is VERY wrong, eather her brother or her hubby will let us know.

There is now a status update... looks like it hasn't been much fun for her lately.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2010, 09:05:26 AM
There is now a status update... looks like it hasn't been much fun for her lately.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm happy to see signs of life. I was starting to get a little worried.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on August 17, 2010, 09:12:02 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2010, 09:05:26 AMThere is now a status update... looks like it hasn't been much fun for her lately.
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm happy to see signs of life. I was starting to get a little worried.

I agree .. signs of life rocks.
Unless you're undead !

:eek

And from the status update, I'm guessing that ambers birthday was a mixed success ?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 17, 2010, 10:08:23 AM
And from the status update, I'm guessing that ambers birthday was a mixed success ?

According to the calendar, it's on Thursday.

Inumo

A lot of people have their birthday parties on the weekend around their birthday, since it's generally more free in terms of time.

Bjalf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 17, 2010, 10:08:23 AM
I agree .. signs of life rocks.
Unless you're undead !

Oh my god, he's got a pulse! Quick, give him the kiss of ... death?  :erk

Keleth

Quote from: Bjalf on August 17, 2010, 09:12:02 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2010, 09:05:26 AM

So what do you do to friends you haven't heard of in two weeks? Are they KIA? :o
Help! I'm gay!

Bjalf

Quote from: Drathorin on August 17, 2010, 11:18:50 AM
So what do you do to friends you haven't heard of in two weeks? Are they KIA? :o

Yes, they are completely and irretrievably Kuwait Investment Authority.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Drayco84

Quote from: Inumo on August 17, 2010, 10:34:02 AM
A lot of people have their birthday parties on the weekend around their birthday, since it's generally more free in terms of time.
Well, if Amber wanted a gift of "No comic updates this week! I'm taking a break!", I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us would've understood...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on August 17, 2010, 10:42:36 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 17, 2010, 10:08:23 AMI agree .. signs of life rocks.
Unless you're undead !

Oh my god, he's got a pulse! Quick, give him the kiss of ... death?  :erk

I was thinking more akin the lines of "Oh f#ยค! - I got a maggot infestation .. again !".
Y'know, sorta like we would have lice, they'd have maggots.
More gross, but kinda the same.

Alteisentier

Quote from: Drayco84 on August 17, 2010, 09:19:10 PM
Quote from: Inumo on August 17, 2010, 10:34:02 AM
Well, if Amber wanted a gift of "No comic updates this week! I'm taking a break!", I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us would've understood...

No I'm pretty sure we're all breaking down into madness and panic because of it.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

That_wolf

If Amber would say 'I'm not updating this week' It'd be better than a delay that isn'tannounced. Like Heath Ledger said, 'It's all according to the plan' or something like that.
Abel needs a hug...

Keleth

Or. You could simply check again in a day or two.

It's not like Amber owes any of you anything. She is doing this for free.

Then again. I imagine a lot of you would burst into flame at the first contact of sunlight.
Help! I'm gay!

Anri

Quote from: Drathorin on August 18, 2010, 12:51:46 AM
Then again. I imagine a lot of you would burst into flame at the first contact of sunlight.

This was actually tested this past weekend and I survived intact, though apparently darker. I was in this crazy place with no electricity being run to it and raccoons running about.

Bjalf

Quote from: Anri on August 18, 2010, 01:29:38 AM
I was in this crazy place with no electricity being run to it and raccoons running about.

Freeman Downs? Did you see Quentyn?

:reading

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Anri on August 18, 2010, 01:29:38 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on August 18, 2010, 12:51:46 AMThen again. I imagine a lot of you would burst into flame at the first contact of sunlight.
This was actually tested this past weekend and I survived intact, though apparently darker. I was in this crazy place with no electricity being run to it and raccoons running about.

Dang - That sounds pretty scary.
Last I looked outside, the polar bear told me it'll be dark for another half year .. so I'm good.
Now I just have to avoid those guys that run around and hit me in the head with spiked clubs ! :smack

Starcat5

Quote from: Drathorin on August 18, 2010, 12:51:46 AMOr. You could simply check again in a day or two.

It's not like Amber owes any of you anything. She is doing this for free.
Or one can do like me, and check back every single day regardless of update schedule. Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD at work. (also I swear that there is an undiagnosed OCD in there as well, but maybe that is lumped in with the AS.)
QuoteThen again. I imagine a lot of you would burst into flame at the first contact of sunlight.
Well, close. After about an hour's exposure, I can pass as Native American. (Actually, thanks to my brown hair darkening to a fine black, I'm getting mistaken for Native anyway, DISPITE my pasty white skin tone. Irish, Dane, and German BTW.)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

That_wolf

What IS the update schedule. I've been reading for.... no idea ho long,but it's been over 7 months, and I don't know the schedule Anyone care to tell me the current shedual.
Abel needs a hug...

VAE

I'd say current schedule is that amber updates when she feels like it.
Tends to be on one of the weekdays, and then weekends
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Naldru

I believe that Amber was talking about every other day:  Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.

However, let's avoid bugging Amber about when the bug will next buzz into view.  Remember the words of General W. R. Monger:  If I'm not there on time, it'll be because I'm dead, or late.

And for the nit-pickers out there, I do know that insects are not true bugs.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: That_wolf on August 18, 2010, 01:22:53 PM
What IS the update schedule. I've been reading for.... no idea ho long,but it's been over 7 months, and I don't know the schedule Anyone care to tell me the current shedual.

When I started reading the official schedule was Mon/Wed/Fri.  Then Abel's Story started and it became Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat (or was it Sunday?).

Then she married Mason and to fit in with his job, it became Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun (I believe).
Now it's shifted again and with the close of Abel's Story, the official update schedule is Fri/Sun/Tue (as per the website - the more I wrote about this the less sure I became...)

Gabi

The comic updates... when you least expect it. BWAHAHAHAHA!  :veryevil

I need to work on my evil laugh.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly