Turtles Forever

Started by JackLee1978, November 14, 2009, 04:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackLee1978

Next Saturday 4-Kids will air  Turtles Forever, a one hour TMNT movie that will feature a characters from the Mirage comics, live action movies and the 1987 and 2003 series. I don't know if I should be excited or frightened.

Darkmoon

Oddly, I'm more interested in that than I ever was in the 4Kids version of the Turtles.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Escher

"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Sofox

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 15, 2009, 04:19:22 AM
Still one of my favourite takes on the idea.

That shell pun is on par for the style of humour they used in the show...

...of course that was one of the reasons I liked it.

Colgatecrusader

I really like the 2003 series. That is until the fifth season, that was kinda kooky, and when they travelled into the future through some vortex, i just stopped watching.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

thegayhare

Well I watched turtles forever this morning and you know what it was rather cool

It didn't take itself too serously and I'll admitt it was kinda cool seeing Krang and the technodrome again.

and the plot wasn't that bad

the interactions between the modern turtles and the 80s turtles was fun

dispite the fact that donetello in both universes was the tech guy it was funny to see how they both came at it

Cartoonish don working from his gut tieing wires into bows while modern Don was tring to actualy think things through logicaly

The turtles even travel breifly into the cartoonish turtles univers and meet up with the reporter April even though it's a kids show I'm honestly suprised no one mentined the differnaces in bust size.  I mean damn.

LOL

anyway it was a rather fun show

King Of Hearts

The 80s charas were totally hammed up in the movie. I really hoped Shred-head would've put up a fight at least against the Utrom form... I mean I remember him taking out all 4 turtles before a couple of times.

But it was interesting nonetheless... 80s outrageous villain tech + Villains who actually know what they are doing are a scary combination.

Fave moment is Han freaking out when Ralph addresses the 4th wall and how the Mirage turtles come with Frank Miller style narration... also the throwback on Mirage Shredder's "death"

If they ever make a sequel to this... I hope the include the Archie-verse TMNT as well as the ones from the Tournament fighter games.

Colgatecrusader

favourite line of the whole film was from 80's don when he was rigging up the portal sick right when everyone was about to disapear. "The rabbit goes out the hole, around the tree, and back into the hole."
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Siirenia

Kipiru

Great movie altogether- it actually got me around to taking a look back to the 80-s show just to remind myself if the Turtles were really that goofy back then. They were  :raph

Darkmoon

I've been catching it on my local station. Seen the first two parts, waiting for part 3. I have to say, much as I hate the 2003 series, this is actually a really fun little "flick". Well worth watching, if only for the nostalgia factor.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...