10/16/09 [DMFA #1050] - Irresistable sexy black belt

Started by Kipiru, October 16, 2009, 09:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Tapewolf

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.  It looks like Dan is committed to his date, but that doesn't mean he has to spy on Alexsi.  I'm sure he can steer it so that he avoids her.  I hope so anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

Does Matilda have a black belt in karate or some other form of martial art?

MT Hazard

She can breath fire and has multiple limbs, I think thats enough

Also: I've only just been able to get to the forums, problems with the servers ?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Suwako

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 16, 2009, 09:24:03 AM
She can breath fire and has multiple limbs, I think thats enough

Also: I've only just been able to get to the forums, problems with the servers ?

Same here.

I adore Matilda so much.  :cvheart
and I love her clothing; not too revealing, yet sexy  ;)

joshofspam

She has a black belt in cuteness and fire breathing.

But I wonder if that belt has any magical attributes?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

Quote from: joshofspam on October 16, 2009, 09:32:25 AM
But I wonder if that belt has any magical attributes?

If its part of her inventory it could have an entire home in it. Speaking of which I wonder when Dan will figure out he has extra dimension storage space in his sword?

Edit: I also notice she has a picture of her original home in the background

Madmann135

Matilda could be wearing a potato sack and still be sexy.  She could be wearing her usual attire and still be sexy.
Still... I got my request, Dan and Matty date.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 16, 2009, 09:24:03 AM

Yes, but nothing to do with me.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Succubus_1982

Wanted to comment to this much earlier but server issues got in the way....

Poor Matilda  :cry I feel so bad for her now. If Dan does anything to upset her so help me........  >(
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 16, 2009, 10:23:31 AM
Poor Matilda  :cry I feel so bad for her now. If Dan does anything to upset her so help me........  >(

While what Dan did certainly doesn't seem to have taken her feelings into account properly, it should also be borne in mind that she's been trying to push Dan into going out with her before he's really ready to do so.
I'm not sure Dan has quite twigged exactly how eager she is for something like this.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Way back, in the Perfect Date mini-arc, I remarked that Matilda seemed too normal to have a relationship with Dan. I think I'm going to have to revise that statement. Not there yet, but leading in that direction.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 16, 2009, 10:32:32 AM
Way back, in the Perfect Date mini-arc, I remarked that Matilda seemed too normal to have a relationship with Dan. I think I'm going to have to revise that statement. Not there yet, but leading in that direction.

No, no. That's entirely accurate. She seems normal. ;-]

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2009, 10:37:04 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 16, 2009, 10:32:32 AM

No, no. That's entirely accurate. She seems normal. ;-]

not in this strip, she doesn't
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jack McSlay

Wrong, matilda. To impress dan, you should be wearing either a shiny leather bikini or a amazon outfit.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 16, 2009, 11:12:16 AM
Wrong, matilda. To impress dan, you should be wearing either a shiny leather bikini or a amazon outfit.

I'm disturbed now trying to imagine her wearing a bikini with all those limbs.....

Mao

Ok.. seriously... I think you guys need to go outside.  You're trying to picture a fictional creature *that already doesn't wear clothes* being scantily clad in a bikini.

Baal Hadad

That's one thing I've never understood, and I don't know if it's been addressed...we see Matlida's chest in all its glory, yet on the two occasions that Wildy has been topless her chest has been covered up....

I'm confused....  Why cover one and not another...?

Corgatha Taldorthar

Probably, it's because Matilda is quadrapedal and therefore less "humanoid", so maybe it doesn't quite rank as badly for ratings purposes.

Or maybe it's because she has no nipples, which might or might not mean anything. (From a biologists point of view, if she has no nipples, she can't lactate, and if she can't lactate, why does her species have breasts at all? But I don't think too many other people care at all.)

EDIT Addendum
Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 16, 2009, 12:11:52 PM
Ok.. seriously... I think you guys need to go outside.  You're trying to picture a fictional creature *that already doesn't wear clothes* being scantily clad in a bikini.

Maybe it's some bizarre permutation of the Xanth effect, where women in their undergarments are viewed as more erotic than women nude.

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either, but OTOH, I don't exactly find drawings of anthropomorphized animals and whatever Mythos are to be enticing.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 16, 2009, 12:29:52 PM
Probably, it's because Matilda is quadrapedal and therefore less "humanoid", so maybe it doesn't quite rank as badly for ratings purposes.

Or maybe it's because she has no nipples, which might or might not mean anything. (From a biologists point of view, if she has no nipples, she can't lactate, and if she can't lactate, why does her species have breasts at all? But I don't think too many other people care at all.)

It just seems like a double standard....  The quadrupedal explanation doesn't really seem to explain much since her chest has nothing to do with her legs....

And I don't remember seeing the nipples of any topless male character, so theoretically Wildy could be shown without seeing nipples....

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just confused....  I could understand if either both gals' chests were covered or both exposed, but this I can't figure out....

Mao

Ok.. there's magic in this comic.  Fairy Tale creatures and the like.  If you're going to start trying to apply things like science and other forms of 'logic', it's going to fail on so many levels.  Also keep in mind that it's likely a simple answer like "she has boobs so it's easier to tell that she is female or has a female personality" or even something like "artistic choice".  Logic and the like quite possibly had nothing to do with it.

It should also be noted that formless/detailess boobs are no different from wearing clothing (you wear a t-shirt, you can still see the forms of boobs, but not the detail) and as thus could be considered sufficient to maintain a PG-13 rating.

Anyway, enough boob talk.  +5 belt of datability (with cute butterfly brooch) = win.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Breasts as breasts are for lactation. Breasts as a secondary sexual characteristic are for attracting mates.

All mammals have breasts. Upright humans have prominent breasts because (so I'm told) it's a bit tough to wave your pretty arse in the air and attract a mate that way, so they developed an arse on the front.

... in order to attract another arse and get him to stick around long enough to look after the results of meeting arses...

*cough*

Succubus_1982

Maybe its less to do with science and more to do with politics/social standards/tradition etc. Perhaps Beings like Wildy who are more mundane (although imagining the word mundane and Wildy in the same sentance is very hard) have a very human-like need to cover themselves up. Whereas creatures Mythos especially aren't that bothered about it. Kria dresses in clothes because she likes to look badass but given her personality I think she'd be just as happy frolicking in the nuddy (large scythe or spiked mace in hand of course) and of course Matilda hasn't been the only topless creature The Phoenix oracles were pretty much naked also Not to mention Mer, and Insectis

Then of course theres the Furrae Fashion Laws strip where Matilda explains herself why she doesn't wear clothes

EDIT -

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2009, 12:50:24 PM

Breasts as breasts are for lactation. Breasts as a secondary sexual characteristic are for attracting mates.

All mammals have breasts. Upright humans have prominent breasts because (so I'm told) it's a bit tough to wave your pretty arse in the air and attract a mate that way, so they developed an arse on the front.

... in order to attract another arse and get him to stick around long enough to look after the results of meeting arses...

*cough*

Okay that made me laugh too hard XD Interesting phrasing llearch....

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 16, 2009, 12:56:58 PM
Maybe its less to do with science and more to do with politics/social standards/tradition etc. Perhaps Beings like Wildy who are more mundane (although imagining the word mundane and Wildy in the same sentance is very hard) have a very human-like need to cover themselves up. Whereas creatures Mythos especially aren't that bothered about it. Kria dresses in clothes because she likes to look badass but given her personality I think she'd be just as happy frolicking in the nuddy (large scythe or spiked mace in hand of course) and of course Matilda hasn't been the only topless creature The Phoenix oracles were pretty much naked also Not to mention Mer, and Insectis

Then of course theres the Furrae Fashion Laws strip where Matilda explains herself why she doesn't wear clothes

Sorry to continue the off-topic, but the whole point is that Wildy DIDN'T cover herself up--Amber covered her up.

Succubus_1982

Reese Tora

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 16, 2009, 12:29:52 PMEDIT Addendum
Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 16, 2009, 12:11:52 PM

Maybe it's some bizarre permutation of the Xanth effect, where women in their undergarments are viewed as more erotic than women nude.

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either, but OTOH, I don't exactly find drawings of anthropomorphized animals and whatever Mythos are to be enticing.

I don't think it's that bizzare at all.  The right clothing, IRL can be more sexy than plain old nakedness, though this doesn't necessarily apply to someone if they somehow have the "perfect body" with no need for support...  Generally speaking, fictional characters are allowed to defy the laws of fassion by being just as sexy both naked and clothed.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

MT Hazard

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 15, 2009, 03:33:24 PM

Yes, you'll upset Amber, she spends a lots of time working on background detail/story, art and other things to deliver a unparalleled webcomic experience (for free), only to log on the forum to find a discussion about one characters boobs. It's enough to make you weep.

And I quote myself, oddly enough.

terrycloth

Supposedly, the secret to sexy clothing is to make it look like it might fall off accidentally. There was a study on it and stuff.

Being naked == zero chance of accidentally losing clothing == zero sexiness. Even a wolly sweater might spontaenously combust! :mowcookie

A black sash held on precariously by a flimsy plastic brooch? MROOWR.

Dard

Oh man.

Dan better not mess this up.
Matilda is almost too good for him.

BTW, Matilda may be more or less an exile, but she still has a picture of home in her apartment.