The Watchmen

Started by Rakala, March 02, 2009, 03:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

We're coming close to the date of release here. Down to five days. Fortunately they decided to kick it up to an "R" rating recently which will allow them to do the movie right. Now it's all down to the director's, actor's, and so on. I have read the graphic novel 9 times since the first commercial came out and I'm pumped about it.  :eager

"All the whores and the politicians will look up and shout 'Save us', and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'"

Kipiru

Quote from: Rakala on March 02, 2009, 03:36:45 PM

"All the whores and the politicians will look up and shout 'Save us', and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'"

That single line hooked me for the movie! Can't wait for the release!

Draken

I've been waiting since they Finalized the movie.  I was shocked when they pushed the date up (it was originally coming out on the 29th, I think)

I always liked this comic since I read it in 10th grade.....wonder ow much they changed the ending (Cause I think they did flat-out say that they did....just a little, but still....)
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

thegayhare

it should be an interesting movie but I don't seem to have the same level of excitement to see it as some

though this may be because I've only read the comics once

You know what I'd kinda like to see made into a movie... Marvel Zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXa3uXPyk8

Draken

WOO!  Got my ticket for the midnight showing.   Wee.
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

ShadesFox

Woot.  Though I can't help but wonder where my copy of the comic went.  I left it at Anthrocon and it was bouncing around the world last I checked <_<
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought I posted that onwards. Where was the thread?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

That was in the outer fortress. Eibbor_N was the last to sign up, no telling if he actually got it though.
The All Purpose Fox

Rakala

Quote from: thegayhare on March 02, 2009, 05:18:43 PM
You know what I'd kinda like to see made into a movie... Marvel Zombies

Marvel zombies would not make a good movie because most of it took place after the entire world was devoured. Not to mention nobody but Marvel fans would understand what was going on. I mean how many people seriously know who Power Fist is? Or how 'bout Hank Pym? Also people who didn't read Marvel Zombies would complain for the lack of zombies while. There would also be copyright issues with Army of Darkness since that too took a major part in the storyline. The number of issues would end in everybody hating it for one reason or another.

Toric

I gots a new job. I work ten hours a day Friday through Monday. Depending on when I start, I'll completely miss opening weekend. :mowsad
Yap by Silver.

Rakala

Few details that I wonder if they're going to put in or not, nothing important just wondering.

1: Will Rorschach's mask change?
2: Will Rorschach jump out of a fridge?
3: Will they include the pirate comic? It seems to be the first candidate to cut out of the story since it doesn't seem to affect the overall plot much.

Pagan

My friend and I were wondering if they'd have the pirate comic. We don't think it'll show up.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

thegayhare

Quote from: Rakala on March 02, 2009, 10:36:09 PM
1: Will Rorschach's mask change?

yes

one of the commercials features a close up of Rorschach's face and it shows the mask shifting

Quote from: Rakala on March 02, 2009, 10:26:38 PM
Marvel zombies would not make a good movie because most of it took place after the entire world was devoured. Not to mention nobody but Marvel fans would understand what was going on. I mean how many people seriously know who Power Fist is? Or how 'bout Hank Pym? Also people who didn't read Marvel Zombies would complain for the lack of zombies while. There would also be copyright issues with Army of Darkness since that too took a major part in the storyline. The number of issues would end in everybody hating it for one reason or another.

Well the main marvel zombies story ark wouldn't make a good movie like you say but story elements could be taken from Marvel zombies vs Army of darkness and Dead Days (Marvel zombies 0) could be adapted to an interesting movie.  Eliminate Ash and the Necronomicon  from the story replace him with another char,  a powerful psychic or mystic who receives visions of the tragedy to come.  Then you can pretty much follow the plot of dead days and MZ v AD with little trouble.  you could also eliminate the Giantman, Black panther sub plot because you'd never get to that resolution. 

But then again I'd like to see some odd things as movies...  stuff I'd know would never be made into a movie.  Like stories of Wolverine's time in world war 2  I think that would make a kick ass movie... it would never be made but it would be cool

Janus Whitefurr

Cautious optimism is my watchword for this film. I am probably going to be cynical about it because I tend to take the literature over the film in any circumstance where it's an 'adaptation'. But I'll still end up going to see it. When it comes out here like months after the other countries have seen it, like every other movie. e.e

Unless it's a worldwide release.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Draken

Quote from: Pagan on March 02, 2009, 10:52:09 PM
My friend and I were wondering if they'd have the pirate comic. We don't think it'll show up.

Not directly in the movie, unfortunately....

But there will be a feature either soon or later on to have it as a limited animation adaptaion.  DvD or something I think.

Quote2: Will Rorschach jump out of a fridge?
He'd better.  It's a bit of a minor plot point AND funny as hell.
Go get'em, Jy!

Sofox

Hey, if anyone wants to read the graphic novel, I think the "traveling Watchmen" is still going ( Here: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4742.0.html ). If you say you want to read it, the person with the copy posts it to you, and when you finish it, you post it to the next person who wants it.

I'd bump the thread, but I got thwated the last time I bumped a thread more then 3 weeks old.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm. Says to me that Saist still has it. Or Foxcat.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

Someone does have it.  In truth I would like it back, but if there is the want to start it up again I'm willing to let the traveler continue his journey.
The All Purpose Fox