Watchmen and the traveling comic book.

Started by ShadesFox, July 01, 2008, 07:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

At AC I left behind my copy of, "Watchmen".
Link to the amazon page for a description.
Makes me kind of sad but I've read it a few times and currently Sofox has it and is reading it.  He offered to send it back, but in a fit of "Wouldn't be neat if..." I offered to let others have a shot at it too.  So, who wants to read it?  Get it, read it, then pass it on.  Leave a post if you want to see it.

Current in the hands of: The post system
Queue:
1. Llearch.
2. Saist

Undecided:
Jairus
The All Purpose Fox

Saist

at the cost of crossing the Atlantic, I'll add my name to the que.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... So I should hang on to it until you drop round? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

I finished reading it and it's a pretty class book.
It took me a bit to realise it uses all original characters and settings. I'm just so used to comic books working with characters and settings that are pre-established.
Well, I won't say more because you don't want to spoil something like this. I'll be sending this off to Llearch now, got his address.

Jairus

While I'm not really a comic books sort of person (Manga doesn't count, especially when I'm only being one or two a month), this definitely sounds like an interesting idea. And I've heard really really good things about The Watchmen. Hm. I'll have to think about it. Just don't put me in line yet.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm guessing I'll have to send this on to Saist.

Sadly, he's going to have to wait, as a friend of mine, here, wants to borrow it and read it.

Interesting storyline.

Janus Whitefurr

Pay no attention to me; I'm just here to politely point out the fact it's just "Watchmen" and not "The Watchmen". I nitpick like that, and no one likes a nitpicker.  :mwaha

I do recommend it though. I also own the graphic novel and will happily testify to its interesting plot.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Azlan

I recommend eating the Janus for being a nitpicker.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nyomnyomnyomnyomnyom.

And yes, it is "Watchmen"

Janus Whitefurr

May the lurking box get a bad case of.... sugar corrosion, or something.

Also, no more musk sticks for Azlan.  Ever.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Azlan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 12, 2008, 03:24:54 PM

Also, no more musk sticks for Azlan.  Ever.

*posts bounty on Janus*

I shall send the assassins of love.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

King Of Hearts

thegayhare

while not strictly about the comic in question I thought you'd be interested in some Watchmen news

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

Damaris

awesomest. trailer. evar.

I think we're going to have to by the trade, now.  I'm torn as to whether I want to read it before or after the movie.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

You could always ask Saist to post it to you before it gets back to ShadesFox...

Sofox

Quote from: Damaris on July 23, 2008, 07:15:37 PM
awesomest. trailer. evar.

I think we're going to have to by the trade, now.  I'm torn as to whether I want to read it before or after the movie.

Before. Definitely before.

There's a heck of a lot of stuff that there's no way they can fit into the movie. Read it for the full, complete and original experience and then go to the movie to see how well they adapted it for the big screen.

By the way, I've actually bought the comic book after sending Shades' book to Llearch. It was such a good book and there's so much more you can pick up in multiple readings that I felt I would always like to have a copy.

Damaris

We're big comic readers, and Darkmoon enjoyed it, so we'll likely just pick it up.  But thanks for the input guys :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

thegayhare

speaking again of Watchmen Archie is apparently on display at comic con

llearch n'n'daCorna

k, I'm now looking at sending this to Saist.

All I need is an address, and some time to get it sorted...

Jer-oh-me

I've never read Watchmen, I'm gonna now though. And this isn't the first time I've heard of this actual book being lent around.

Janus Whitefurr

.... I want to imagine several people walking around inside the Owlship with graphic novels in hand, critically analysing every inch of it to see if it conforms to the book's design.

Because it's a funny mental image.  :3

Saist

package has arrived. I forgot how thick this novel is... Also, I happen to know, after seeing Batman Begins, which came with a trailer for the upcoming Watchmen movie, that Foxcat hasn't ever read, or heard, of Watchmen...  so. Now to make sure he reads this as well.

Eibborn

Oh, alright. I've been pondering this for a while, now. Add me to the list! Let me know when you're done, Saist, and I'll PM my address to you.

...If anyone on that side of the ocean wants to read it, now is a good time to pipe up. It would be silly to send it overseas more times than is necessary.
/kicks the internet over