Quote from: Kipiru on February 23, 2009, 02:03:40 PM
And here it is- the story board picture(two of them actually):

page 1
page 2

Damn, you're good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

i'm impressed kip... i'll be getting started ASAP

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Kipiru on February 23, 2009, 02:03:40 PM
And here it is- the story board picture(two of them actually):

page 1
page 2

Sorry for the bad quality, but I'm scanner deprived right now and didn't want to stall these any longer. 
   These two pictures are the unofficial START sign of this project- all you artist, this is your sign to get to drawing! 
   Note that the images in the pictures are only for overall clearance of what one's character should be doing when the artist draws him. The poses are not mandatory! You can come up with your own way of drawing them but have in mind the activities they are depicted here as participating in! Example: I drew Wildy jumping to strike the ball in the face of Biggs, that does not mean that whoever has Wildy to draw should make her in the same pose, but he should make her playing volleyball!
  Here is a list of the characters in the pics:
page 1
*snip*
I hope this helps- now on to drawing, try to get the art done as quickly as possible so the Prof could splice the whole thing together in time!

you forgot regina. although she'd probably be basking in the sun away from everyone else anyway...

Kipiru

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 23, 2009, 08:02:26 PM
you forgot regina. although she'd probably be basking in the sun away from everyone else anyway...

Right, I did forget her...or did I  >:3. My bad- whoever's got Regina must think up a beach activity for her- she could be all gloomy selling hot dogs or splashing around in the sea. There is also Fa'lina that I missed drawing, but I already have something in mind for her and I'm just waiting under the Prof's orders to see if anyone else would like to draw her. So far I haven't noticed anyone with such aspirations so I'm taking Fa'lina as mine. If anyone has objections to that- please say so.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Kipiru on February 24, 2009, 02:18:19 AM
Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 23, 2009, 08:02:26 PM

Right, I did forget her...or did I  >:3. My bad- whoever's got Regina must think up a beach activity for her- she could be all gloomy selling hot dogs or splashing around in the sea. There is also Fa'lina that I missed drawing, but I already have something in mind for her and I'm just waiting under the Prof's orders to see if anyone else would like to draw her. So far I haven't noticed anyone with such aspirations so I'm taking Fa'lina as mine. If anyone has objections to that- please say so.

I actually sent a PM to the Prof, offering to double up and do Fa'Lina as well. For what it's worth to mention.

I wonder if Regina and Fa'Lina could be doing something together/against each other. I wonder how they'd react if they met.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Kipiru

Quote from: modelincard on February 24, 2009, 05:38:09 PM
I actually sent a PM to the Prof, offering to double up and do Fa'Lina as well. For what it's worth to mention.

I wonder if Regina and Fa'Lina could be doing something together/against each other. I wonder how they'd react if they met.

If you really wish to do Fa'lina then it's OK with me, my concern was that she might get left out :)

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay Falina is yours, Kipira.

And nice story board picture..

Now, I get to practice my Landscaping Art skills....

PBH

Regina should be selling something useless, or be caught on a raft with shark circling beyond the safe swim zone.

:mowcookie

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Kipiru on February 24, 2009, 06:56:54 PM
Quote from: modelincard on February 24, 2009, 05:38:09 PM
If you really wish to do Fa'lina then it's OK with me, my concern was that she might get left out :)
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 24, 2009, 08:00:33 PM
Okay Falina is yours, Kipira.
Wait, now I'm confused. Kipiru, as per the Prof, I won't argue if you want to do Fa'Lina. I'd be happy to do her if you don't. Your call. I just don't want to end up with her being left out either, if you think I'm doing her and I think you're doing her.

And I've somehow managed to avoid complementing you for the storyboard pictures yet. :< They're works unto themselves, nice job. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Siren

Those drawings do indeed look very cool. Pyroduck giving Wildy a boost so she can smack Biggs upside the head? Fun. Mind if I change the pse a little, though? So it looks more... boost-y? Then again I might just leave it at that.
So how do we get our bits to the Prof when we're done? Image hosting site and PM? If so, which.
Don't laugh. I know I'm an idiot.

Kipiru

Quote from: Siren Felenis on February 26, 2009, 07:06:21 AM
Those drawings do indeed look very cool. Pyroduck giving Wildy a boost so she can smack Biggs upside the head? Fun. Mind if I change the pse a little, though? So it looks more... boost-y? Then again I might just leave it at that.
So how do we get our bits to the Prof when we're done? Image hosting site and PM? If so, which.
Don't laugh. I know I'm an idiot.

Not in the slightest, that is a good question. Yes, send your finished works to the Prof through PM. We are not going for any kind of secrecy here, like the Secret Santa project for instance, but it will be fun to see the pics for the first time once assembled. And something I think we neglected to mention- drawings must be in color and properly scanned! Don't fear if you aren't good with color- even basic flat colors without shading will do.

Prof B Hunnydew

Yes Please send them to me... by by :mowdizzy...

Okay I am going to set a date, and it is a goal, I need some time to combine everything and clean it up.  But this should get anyone some time if they are running late.

So the Date is MARCH 31 2009

This should be a good point, and with Amber's RL problems and all..we will enough time   Even If she goes and crank out 5 DMFA a week... we have about 5 weeks left....

Colors should be Amber's character's colors scheme.  and flat colors are Better then with shading...I will have to match the light source (the sun) for every character in combine picture.

Any question or comments?

PBH

Kipiru

The Prof is right- if possible send flat color images so we won't  have trouble with the light source. Later if you wish you can post the fully shaded version of you drawing in the Art thread.

Tezkat

Hmm... perhaps you could just let us know where the light source is going to be so we can shade appropriately? It's an outdoor scene, after all... the light is going to be the same for everyone.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Emerauld Drathmir

...and I now have a problem.  Mine is CG.  Completely CG.  I need to know the direction of the lighting, and also how close to the thumbnails I have to position my character.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Prof B Hunnydew

Very well, I putting the Sun over the right shoulder of the viewer.  It is not in the picture.  Is that good for you?

PBH

Rakyth

Simple question.
Is it 1000 counting fillers[like the front page]?

Mao

I don't believe it's counting the fillers unless they were counted as comics themselves (like the questions from the readers strips).

Prof B Hunnydew

it is the DMFA #1000... fillers don't count, nor does Abel's story..

PBH

Buhamet

out of interest, has anyone considered Edward coming back to be a possiblity for the 1000th page?

Prof B Hunnydew

I maybe away, but I am still here....

Okay, We have 20 comics and 10 odd days to go...

And I have the following Characters

Dan
Falina
Pyro
Fi
Lorenda
Matilda

Hopefully, everyone is working hard...I have to look drawing the other wild characters, which didn't get pick..

PBH

Lisky

hey, sorry i've been a little delayed, should have it done in a couple of days

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Prof B Hunnydew

It is Okay... You are not the only one late...PBH

Kipiru

If anything needs to be done just say it Prof!

Prof B Hunnydew

I have

Dan,   Mab,   Falina,    Fi,   Wildy
Matilda,   Lorenda,   Pyro,  Merlitz

By me
Kria,  DP,  Aliyka

Of the wild card characters,

Devin nor the Basement Rats are done, but no one has them.
or Amber and Fluffy

Please someone get these at least done

I haven't gotten: 
Azlan
PIP
Regine
Abel
Alexsi
Jyrras

I am PMing people who have these characters, but if anyone else want a shot with them, please go ahead.           I will be making the final call/cut this Monday evening.  Anyone want to having their picture in this, I neeed it by then.                                                                                                                                           

PBH

Lisky

my computer with photoshop just died... any chance anyone could help me out with coloring... i've got a copy of my sketch done... but coloring doesn't look like it's going to happen... i'm really sorry about this, as i was trying to work on it... i've got the problem somewhat under control, but it looks like i'll have to defrag the harddrive, which will take a few hours... if someone is willing to help, great, if not, i'll see what i can do, but it probably won't be the greatest quality

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on April 04, 2009, 11:12:32 AM
my computer with photoshop just died... any chance anyone could help me out with coloring... i've got a copy of my sketch done... but coloring doesn't look like it's going to happen... i'm really sorry about this, as i was trying to work on it... i've got the problem somewhat under control, but it looks like i'll have to defrag the harddrive, which will take a few hours... if someone is willing to help, great, if not, i'll see what i can do, but it probably won't be the greatest quality

I might be able to help you there, if you want to send me the line-art and some idea of what you want done.
At a pinch there's always GIMP - just don't expect it to be a 1:1 replacement for Photoshop, because it isn't.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

thanks a ton, i'll PM you the art ASAP

soo, update for me: thanks to Tapewolf's help i finished up the project, the compy is completely salvageable thanks to backing up most of my files and settings on an external drive... though i had to re-format the hard-drive on the computer itself.

Long story short, after a few hours of chanting "i'm going to break you... you have no idea compy, one day while your in sleep mode..." and following along with progress bars and promptings that required a click of yes or OK the system is working like new for the most part... and hopefully i'll get everything i need restored before too long...

anyways, best of luck PBH, and if you need anything else for the project, just let me know

Gabi

Would it be possible for me to do the same? I've been way too busy for comfort and my drawing task ended up being rather complex itself. I've finished drawing it after a few weeks of hard work, but coloring would take me a few more days (and even then I would need to know which parts should be colored, as I don't know where it will fit into the big picture nor what colors will be used for the sand and the sky), and I'm still terrible at shading.

I'll send you my drawing, JP. Then maybe you can help me, if only by offering some advice.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

Two more pages till 1000, get to finishing your stuff people! Note that the Prof will need to put the whole thing together, so please, no waiting till the last day.

e_voyager

i so wish i had the skill to be a part of this
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey