11/20/08 [Perfect Date #13] - Aaryanna ... Butterflies!

Started by Turnsky, November 19, 2008, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

My response to this was utter silence, hearing a whip crack in my mind, instantly followed by fear.

I would have picked the fifth option..turning off the game and fleeing from the internet.

Funny, yes. But I really, do not like whips  :<

Alondro

Quote from: Ink on November 20, 2008, 12:05:54 AM
..and the majority voted for 'Woohoo!'

At least there is a 'Woohoo' there!

If you had a perfect date segment, there'd be nothing but whimpering and screams of torment!   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on November 20, 2008, 10:53:02 AM
yes boxy. all games need players otherwise there is no justification for their existence.
And all players need a gender, unless we're assuming it's a robot or some weird mythos with six different sexes.  In which case it becomes a little pointless  :P

Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2008, 10:57:19 AM
If [Ink] had a perfect date segment, there'd be nothing but whimpering and screams of torment!   D:

In shame I must confess I read that as data segment.   :cry

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but whips and chains excite me.
So tie me up and throw me down,
and show me that you like me.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 08:23:50 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 20, 2008, 08:20:50 AM
Does this really come as a surprise, considering all the relevant DeviantArt stamps I have in my journal? :B
I plead the fifth amendment.

...aren't you British? I suppose "I plead the Magna Carta" doesn't quite have the same ring, though.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on November 20, 2008, 10:53:02 AM
yes boxy. all games need players otherwise there is no justification for their existence.

My apologies, Spanky. I wasn't clear. I meant a "player", not just a player. And I wasn't querying the existence of the player of games, but offering an answer...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 20, 2008, 10:59:30 AM
Sticks and stones may break my bones,

I love that poem.  :3

Tapewolf

...aren't you British? I suppose "I plead the Magna Carta" doesn't quite have the same ring, though.  :P
The board is hosted in the US, I think you'll find  >:3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 11:00:37 AM
I meant a "player", not just a player.
You know, I had a vague tickling in the back of my head that it was some slang the meaning of which I'd forgotten...

e_voyager

If you had a perfect date segment, there'd be nothing but whimpering and screams of torment!   D:

aww but Charline some people like pleasure spiked with pain.

well boxy
now that i think about it there could be more then one player couldn't there?

an cogidubnus you've reminded me of some one saying that. and if i remember i didn't care for her saying it. being my little cousin at all.

ah i see i missed that slang meaning as well thanks tape.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Caswin

This installment hasn't made me like Aaryanna any more.  What else is new.

Then Gee showed up and I LOL'd.  (It helps that my mind's been on Mab's Land lately... and now that I think about it, a different short, fuzzy, black-and-white female character... and then I imagined Boko in Gee's position and resumed laughing.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Yugo

A combination of "Woohoo!" and "Dammit". Sure, it'd be a great date, but I'm not a very big fan of dates where my date eats my soul.  :U

Also...BUTTERFLIES! -dances amid the butterflies in the meadow-
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Howl

Quote from: Kenji on November 20, 2008, 03:34:08 AM
I'd rather dink around in butterfly land with Gee than consider dating a cubi. :T

I'd rather dink around in butterfly land with Gee than consider dating Arryanna. :T

Quote from: Tycoon on November 20, 2008, 06:26:14 AM
"...when a problem comes along
you must whip it
before the cream sits out too long
you must whip it
when something's going wrong
you must whip it..."

Don't forget Zombies and Vampires! -wait, wrong context-

Well, I can't like Arryanna, she's just not there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on November 20, 2008, 12:17:33 PM
I'd rather dink around in butterfly land with Gee than consider dating Arryanna. :T
I suspect most Beings would eat their own hands and feet rather than date Aaryanna, particularly given her current job.

Saist

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 20, 2008, 02:13:50 AM
I'm actually not one for being whipped and would not 'Whoo-hoo'. I did find the comic very amusing though.
* Saist makes a mental note to drop-ship a soft cat-o-nine-tails to James's wife... or just hand James a box with one at the next A/C.

QuoteI suspect most Beings would eat their own hands and feet rather than date Aaryanna, particularly given her current job.

that's when being a Creature is a big help.

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: Minishear on November 20, 2008, 12:17:33 PM
I suspect most Beings would eat their own hands and feet rather than date Aaryanna, particularly given her current job.

i might just second that opinion. (in my eyes all four of them) she seems sadistic and curl beyond the call of duty.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Slowtini

One thing remains constant though.
The Panda is adorable.

KarlOmega1

I'd vote "woohoo". Also...Butterflies!

nice twist there, Amber.

Edit: Arryanna does look good.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Alondro

Quote from: e_voyager on November 20, 2008, 11:04:52 AM

aww but Charline some people like pleasure spiked with pain.

*Charline erfs*  You missed the point!  Ink's dates DO NOT GET PLEASURE!  The only pleasure involved is Ink's as he delights in dissecting them and their souls alive!  They are treated to nothing but pain and suffering and fear!  And when they die it's still not over, as he'll consume their soul and slowly extract energy from it for decades to centuries, all while they float in helpless torment in his well of souls!   :O

At least I'm nice to my dates when I eat them.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

skwerly

At the risk of sounding truly pathetic and desperate, I must ask: Is there any chance of seeing this strip without the game overlay?

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 11:03:34 AM
The board is hosted in the US, I think you'll find  >:3

Yes, but the only rights most of us have here is the right to follow the rules and the right to leave if we don't like it.  It is really irrelevant what country it is in.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 11:03:34 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 11:00:37 AM
I meant a "player", not just a player.
You know, I had a vague tickling in the back of my head that it was some slang the meaning of which I'd forgotten...

Player is a slang used in the USA (generally a 'low-class' term) to refer to a guy who dates and sleeps with lots of girls.  It is generally seen to be a positive when guys call each other a player, but a female who does such things would be called a "whore", and it tends to not be acceptable for this gender.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on November 20, 2008, 02:09:29 PM
Yes, but the only rights most of us have here is the right to follow the rules and the right to leave if we don't like it.  It is really irrelevant what country it is in.
I wasn't actually being serious, but - at the risk of a thread tangent - are you certain of this?  What if, hypothetically, if I were to post something that was was illegal in the US but not in the UK?  For example, something that violated a software patent, or an encryption algorithm, or something that was out-of-copyright here)?  Yes, the rules forbid it, but from a legal point of view, the offending material would exist in a database physically located in the US.

QuotePlayer is a slang used in the USA (generally a 'low-class' term) to refer to a guy who dates and sleeps with lots of girls.  It is generally seen to be a positive when guys call each other a player, but a female who does such things would be called a "whore", and it tends to not be acceptable for this gender.
Thanks.  That turned out slightly different to my guess.

Naldru

It could be that two different people are playing the game, with the boy looking at the girls, and the girl looking at the boys.  It could also be from the viewpoint of a game tester, who would expect to try out all the options.  Just saying that there could be an innocent explanation.

Of course, with Aaryanna, innocent is a word that somehow refuses to come to mind.  Anybody out there have a copy of Leather Goddesses of Phobos.  I never played it, but I suspect that Aaryanna would enjoy a copy.

I am reminded of the old Mae West quote:  "When I'm good, I'm very, very good.  When I'm bad, I'm better."

By the way, what I expect she looks for in a date is durability.  It's no fun if they break too soon.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 02:18:01 PM

I wasn't actually being serious, but - at the risk of a thread tangent - are you certain of this?  What if, hypothetically, if I were to post something that was was illegal in the US but not in the UK?  For example, something that violated a software patent, or an encryption algorithm, or something that was out-of-copyright here)?  Yes, the rules forbid it, but from a legal point of view, the offending material would exist in a database physically located in the US.

Well, I'm just vaguely reciting what I've been told in the past.  But, you are right, tangent, back on topic.

Quote from: skwerly on November 20, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

At the risk of sounding truly pathetic and desperate, I must ask: Is there any chance of seeing this strip without the game overlay?

Oh come now, if you must... I'm sure there is losts of furry pr0n out there you can look up.  Let's not ask such things.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azlan on November 20, 2008, 02:09:29 PM
Player is a slang used in the USA (generally a 'low-class' term) to refer to a guy who dates and sleeps with lots of girls.  It is generally seen to be a positive when guys call each other a player, but a female who does such things would be called a "whore", and it tends to not be acceptable for this gender.

Thank you for that succinct, concise, and effective explanation. I was attempting to come up with something, but I doubt I could have managed something so precise.

And yet disparaging. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 02:33:42 PM

Thank you for that succinct, concise, and effective explanation. I was attempting to come up with something, but I doubt I could have managed something so precise.

And yet disparaging. ;-]

I aim to please, I have to put all this essentially worthless knowledge to some use.

senrath

Don't hate that playa, hate the game.

Wow, did I really just say that?  *shudder*

Mao

Quote from: senrath on November 20, 2008, 02:52:47 PM
Don't hate that playa, hate the game.

Wow, did I really just say that?  *shudder*

You did.  You should feel ashamed of yourself.

Syxal

:erk umm...

Should I be glad I'm a girl, or even more terrified.

thegayhare

Would run away screaming whil holding Gee like a human shield...

superluser

Quote from: senrath on November 20, 2008, 02:52:47 PMDon't hate that playa, hate the game.

Why would I hate a desert basin?

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 20, 2008, 10:59:30 AMSticks and stones may break my bones,

When I was growing up, the Encyclopaedia Britannica seemed much more authoritative than my elementary school teachers, perhaps because it was bound in rich, dark, leather, and they weren't--at least not during school hours.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

Quote from: superluser on November 20, 2008, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: senrath on November 20, 2008, 02:52:47 PMDon't hate that playa, hate the game.

Why would I hate a desert basin?

I would venture to guess because it is dry, hot, high salt, and poor soil.  It takes far too much irrigation to make semi-arid soil productive and high desert soil is really poor.