11/19/08 [DMFA #953] - festivals are not fun for everybody

Started by Fex, November 19, 2008, 01:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

True, the only point of driving Jyrras insane would be personal amusement.

Daymond42

Quote from: Alondro on November 19, 2008, 10:25:19 AM
*Charline hmms*  Is Abel talking about my family?   >:3

*Charles knows what the festival is called!*  The Burning Cubi Festival!  *ba-dum-dum*   :B

Bar-B-Cubi? :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anri

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2008, 12:02:21 PM
Because they drop bears on your head.

Don't ask how they get them up the tree. It's a bit messy.

Oh, that's easy. They use actual drop bears!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

Sunblink

Holy crap, the punchlines in DMFA have been great lately. This is was an awesome comic.

I love Abel's face in the last panel, and I love the interaction between the two. Abel's less acerbic around Jyrras than he is with, say, Dan, so that's very refreshing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 19, 2008, 04:56:27 PM
Abel's less acerbic around Jyrras than he is with, say, Dan, so that's very refreshing.

Little patience for fools, I wonder?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ghostwish

ShiningShadow

But you have to admit Jy-Jy says EEEEEEVVVVVVVIIILLLLLLLLL in such a cute way *AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* :giggle

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 19, 2008, 10:30:28 AMBizarrely enough, it immediately made me think of the 'Festival of Weeks' mentioned in the Old Testament, where once a year all the men have to line up in front of God for inspection or something.

That would be Shauvot, or the Jewish Pentecost.

It doesn't say anything about inspection, but males did have to go to the temple.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AmigaDragon

Quote... specifically i have the strange hunch that mabb has eaten more sentient then lor and abe combined
Assuming just a typo that should read "Abel", but who's Lor? I dont' recall that name in DMFA

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 19, 2008, 08:37:37 AM
... its pretty obvious he means 'of all of SAIA', seeing as how aniz isnt spreading any more seed
what gives you that idea? Fa'Lina just barred him from dropping any more offspring on SAIA for 300 years (not bothering to look up the actual number right now). And we don't know yet that he's dead or out of commission in some way.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Jimmy Ellis - Up On The Housetop (1978) (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hermie

Hey, Jyrras's glowing wrist tatoo from that Fae guy dissapeared for a frame.

.. Am I the first to notice that, or did someone else see it?

AmigaDragon

First to comment counts as first to notice I think. And here I thought they'd always show through garments if covered like they did here and here.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Motley Crue - Helter Skelter (1983) (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

senrath

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 20, 2008, 01:13:05 AM
First to comment counts as first to notice I think. And here I thought they'd always show through garments if covered like they did here and here.

I always assumed that as well, especially because of what was said here about them clashing with most formal wear.

superluser

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 20, 2008, 12:44:18 AMAssuming just a typo that should read "Abel", but who's Lor? I dont' recall that name in DMFA

I assume it's Lorenda.  Or possibly Lore Fitzgerald Sjöberg.  He's not in the comic, but I can't see how adding him would be a bad thing.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hermie on November 20, 2008, 12:52:49 AM
Hey, Jyrass's glowing wrist tatoo from that Fae guy dissapeared for a frame.

.. Am I the first to notice that, or did someone else see it?

See, I presumed that the wrist tattoos flash, and that frame happened to be when they were off, rather than on...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hermie

Damn, I keep wanting to spell Jyrras with one r and two s's...

EDIT: Pygmy shrews? Now I feel like reading Redwall. Too bad I don't have the next one in the series.. I need to find High Rhulain...

AmigaDragon

For some reason your mention of the shrews made me think of wild cherries, which then got me thinking of a possible wallpaper (or whatever) war theme (for the progress bar). Pygmy shrews vs. wild cheries. :mwaha

DarkAudit

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 20, 2008, 11:52:42 PM
For some reason your mention of the shrews made me think of wild cherries, which then got me thinking of a possible wallpaper (or whatever) war theme (for the progress bar). Pygmy shrews vs. wild cheries. :mwaha

I miss JB's doodles.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AmigaDragon

I enjoy the doodles and clay doodles, but I miss the main strip.

Ghostwish

Tis what happens when we harass the artist about other characters and such.

AmigaDragon

"We"? I didn't even get registered on her forum until this week. :mowtongue

Ghostwish

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 21, 2008, 01:01:47 PM
"We"? I didn't even get registered on her forum until this week. :mowtongue

Date Registered:     August 31, 2006, 10:17:52 PM

o rly? :P

AmigaDragon

I was talking about JB's forum, since her doodles were mentioned. "Joined: 14 Nov 2008"

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Hermie

Amber fixed it. :P

Having glowing tatoo bracelets would be awesome, except when you're trying to hide in the dark. Then it sucks.

"I can still see you."

"oooOOOOOOoooOOOOOooOoOOOOOoOoooooooo..."

"... You're not a ghost."

".. Drat."