Skins War

Started by Darkmoon, September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

We have to make a viaduct!

"Vy" a duck?

Why not?

AmigaDragon

Who's this "Alec" that popped up in the list of donations?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Stig Hemmer

In todays News Amber says that voting for characters won't affect the cute/evil war, and as such is more or less equivalent to "neutral".

I tend to disagree. Both "cute" and "evil" are pretty abstract concepts and when you sit down to actually make this wallpaper you will need a more concrete idea of what to draw.  That is when the characters come in.

The current leading character is Mathilda.  I am sure she can do both "cute" and "evil" with conviction.  This is true for several of the others too.

(For the record, I have no money to spare and have not voted for anything)
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Kipiru

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on September 23, 2008, 05:39:55 AM

The current leading character is Mathilda.  I am sure she can do both "cute" and "evil" with conviction. 

Ummm, Matilda and evil :erk...nope, can't see it happening! But I agree for cute.

Darkmoon

In todays News Amber says that voting for characters won't affect the cute/evil war, and as such is more or less equivalent to "neutral".

I tend to disagree. Both "cute" and "evil" are pretty abstract concepts and when you sit down to actually make this wallpaper you will need a more concrete idea of what to draw.  That is when the characters come in.

The current leading character is Mathilda.  I am sure she can do both "cute" and "evil" with conviction.  This is true for several of the others too.

You can think that, but you'd be wrong.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Sunblink

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 23, 2008, 07:10:14 AM

You can think that, but you'd be wrong.

Yeah, I agree with Darkmoon. C'mon, guys. We don't want to stress Amber out. Not to mention this is a skin war.

Kipiru

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 23, 2008, 10:12:50 AM

Yeah, I agree with Darkmoon. C'mon, guys. We don't want to stress Amber out. Not to mention this is a skin war.

Hmm, i guess this whole voting for separate characters has gone a bit out of proportion, it did start as a joke, right!? No one actually thinks these side votes will accomplish anything other than bring a few laughs.

Mao

I think there's a few things being over looked here:  

1)This war isn't being done by Amber.  It was being done by the code and graphics monkies who will be doing the themes.

2)It's for a theme/skin (as mentioned by Keaton and others), not a wallpaper.  While it is possible  to do a theme centered around a character, it's a lot easier to do a concept based one.  This also means that less drawing will be involved. (Though I know damn well that design work can involve almost as much work as any character sketch).  

3)It's never been mentioned once that I'm aware of that these skins would even have characters involved with them, so the character votes were for all intents and purposes donations for something that wasn't a choice... which is the same as no choice.  Aka:  Neutral.

Anyway, I'm sure everything that I've just said has been covered already and by those who are far more eloquent than myself but I thought that it might help things to have a summary present.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on September 23, 2008, 10:30:58 AM
1)This war isn't being done by Amber.  It was being done by the code and graphics monkies who will be doing the themes.

Oook oook.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 23, 2008, 12:10:11 PM

Oook oook.
*whips a banana into a room full of keyboards and flickering monitors*

Get back to work!!!

Reese Tora

Quote from: Mowser on September 23, 2008, 12:11:32 PM

Oook oook.

Get back to work!!!

You've fed them, you fool! Now all we'll get from them is NetHack high scores and FPS deathmatch frags!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Mao

Possibly, but I like to think that if you don't feed them they won't work either.  That and I don't want dead monkies stinking up my computer room.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on September 23, 2008, 12:11:32 PM
Oook oook.

Get back to work!!!

*eats the bananananana, throws the skin out the door. Under Mowser's feet...*

Do be do be do...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mashi

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 23, 2008, 02:04:41 AM

Alec? Lucas' Grandfather from Mother 3? O:

Man, a skin unrelated to a furry comic would be so great for a furry comic, roflkntrly.

Azraelle

That's right folks, voting for a third party is throwing your vote away.    :U

bill

God bless America, I guess.

DarkAudit

Oook oook.

Shouldn't you be in the library?
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mashi on September 23, 2008, 02:10:23 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 23, 2008, 02:04:41 AM

Alec? Lucas' Grandfather from Mother 3? O:

Man, a skin unrelated to a furry comic would be so great for a furry comic, roflkntrly.

Alec from CVRPG.

Alterationartist

More donations to add to the pile of money, the way I see it.

Especially if a single character DOES power over the thousand, but I don't think any millionaires read DMFA... yet. *snerk*

if that does happen in about 3 days, there will likely be a $900 excess for Amber and a few happy (if not gullible) customers. And at this rate, we are now literally paying you for this, considering the amount donated for DMFA characters.
Round 9!

Lego3400

Voted for DMFA charcters, and Alec :P

Dagardo

Who is Alec exactly? I know he's from CVRPG, but who is he?

Tycoon

Slowtini

It's not a wallpaper, it's a forum theme o 3o;

Dagardo

Quote from: Tycoon on September 23, 2008, 08:17:17 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 23, 2008, 08:12:56 PM
Who is Alec exactly? I know he's from CVRPG, but who is he?

One of the heroes of that story.

Reminds me of Dan when he had that patch on to make him human. I don't know why. :3

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Slowtini on September 23, 2008, 10:09:24 PMIt's not a wallpaper, it's a forum theme o 3o;
I seem to have failed my reading comprehension test.  Please disregard my previous remark.:animesweat
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2008, 04:09:11 AM

. . .?

I don't get it.

So, what, the next skins war will be rock vs. string?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Congrats, you caught one of the references I placed in today's image.

Wanderer

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2008, 04:09:11 AM
Curse you for catching that hours before I came to the site and read it. :P

It's the only reference I got out of today's page, but at least I did get it.