Skins War

Started by Darkmoon, September 11, 2008, 09:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowtini

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 18, 2008, 12:52:07 PM
Quote from: Mowser on September 18, 2008, 07:11:05 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on September 18, 2008, 07:06:44 AM
It's plainly obvious you need to read CVRPG.

As everyone should.
Feh. Sprite comics...
Been there, done that.
Get thee from my sight, blasphemer.

Dagardo

Quote from: Slowtini on September 18, 2008, 04:37:40 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on September 18, 2008, 12:52:07 PM
Quote from: Mowser on September 18, 2008, 07:11:05 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on September 18, 2008, 07:06:44 AM
It's plainly obvious you need to read CVRPG.

As everyone should.
Feh. Sprite comics...
Been there, done that.
Get thee from my sight, blasphemer.

Yeah, that seems about the right thing to say. Sprite comics (to some) may be "old" but I dont see that as a reason to bash them, cuz ya kinda were, Alterationartist. And hey as long as they're funny, its OK. And I should read CVRPG, although I question if my attention span will allow me to read from the 1'st to latest comic.

Alterationartist

Who's bashing? I was and still am addicted to the stuff like crack. I was just saying:

Been There, Done That (links, click them)

That last one is a sprite comic I did myself. Little did I realize that I erased them so long ago. Curse Photobucket required pic posts. It was well received for something that barely made it past 30 comics, but now, as it is for sprite comics, "It's just another one for the pile." In fact, that thread(the entire site is dead now, it's been replaced) was buried under around 330 other topics, all comics. And it didn't even end there! I still read most of the sprite comics that I used to way back then, and have even been disappointed by eventual demises, such as Wario Comix 5, Mobius Strip, Mushroom Kingdom Hearts, and so many others that I got bored with like Nintendo Hogs and AkumaTH's comics. I wasn't bashing them, just thinking, "Oh, another one. Well, let's take a look and see what we got here..."
Speaking of which, I need to finish my critique-ing...

P.S. Yes... my username WAS "AA - Pink Dragon Princess"... I'm not on trial.
Round 9!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 18, 2008, 06:42:21 PM

... You will be, now. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dagardo

Who's bashing? I was and still am addicted to the stuff like crack. I was just saying:

Been There, Done That (links, click them)

That last one is a sprite comic I did myself. Little did I realize that I erased them so long ago. Curse Photobucket required pic posts. It was well received for something that barely made it past 30 comics, but now, as it is for sprite comics, "It's just another one for the pile." In fact, that thread(the entire site is dead now, it's been replaced) was buried under around 330 other topics, all comics. And it didn't even end there! I still read most of the sprite comics that I used to way back then, and have even been disappointed by eventual demises, such as Wario Comix 5, Mobius Strip, Mushroom Kingdom Hearts, and so many others that I got bored with like Nintendo Hogs and AkumaTH's comics. I wasn't bashing them, just thinking, "Oh, another one. Well, let's take a look and see what we got here..."
Speaking of which, I need to finish my critique-ing...

OK, I take it back, not apologize just take it back. And as for "Pink Dragon Princess" Im not gonna ask.
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2008, 06:55:13 PM

... You will be, now. ;-]

I side with The Box.

Alterationartist

I was 16! 2 years ago!
Round 9!

Lucheek

...Okay, My curiosity takes the best of me.

Does that have anything to do with why Child Protective Services is watching your bank account?

Alterationartist

How... did you mix those two together?

No. I had an odd personality back then and liably still do. And CPS is only monitoring my bank account because all the money I have to my name is given to me by them. They like to know what I'm spending it on, even if they don't necessarily have a say in what I spend it on, as long as my ends meet, which they do. Very well, in fact. I have phone, electric, groceries, and rent all taken care of. Everything left over is surplus. Sweet, sweet surplus. Which is why I ALMOST donated $70.
Round 9!

Darkmoon

"Oh, another one. Well, let's take a look and see what we got here..."

In my comics defense, few develop the archive of comics CVRPG has.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alterationartist

True, but truth be told, when it comes to hosting sprite comics, an archive becomes more of a measure of the author's persistence than it's quality. Yours is great. It appeals to me as a gamer, an RPG-lover, and as a normal person, but I have seen grade F crap that has broken a couple hundred comics, until the author eventually said F' it and stopped. And i have of course seen many comics break even beyond your archive. WTF might be racing you, while AkumaTH's Comics have broken and continue beyond 1000, not to mention it's crossovers and spin-offs. But it's not to say that all of them are gold. They have their fillers, their tie-over jokes and such, but really, no single comic or group of comics determines the ENTIRE comic's worth. I will also say one last thing: Keep going. You're doing great so far.
Round 9!

Mashi

tl;dr going back to skins war

So I was totally going to put five bucks on Regina, but Paypal effed up. D:

Kipiru

Fa'lina is in the race ladies and gentle...um, creatures?!  :mwaha

Jake R

I don't have time to read yet another archive... there's still about 20 in my queue ;_;

Anyway, 'fluffy pink bunny' wasn't added to the list, but neutral went up by $10 which is what I donated. So... no chance of a pink bunny skin then? ;_;

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think the fluffy bunny counts as cute, but don't quote me on that.

Lego3400

Bwah, now Jyrras and Fa'lina have entered the fray. While I already predicted the latter (go me!  :boogie), the former doesn't surprise me  :3

Darkmoon

As per Amber, the fluffy pink bunny was added to Evil, since technically he started on that "side" of the wallpaper war.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, my mistake. It's an easy one to make, though. ;-]

keybounce

Alright, how can I find the archives of this war?

Naldru

For a means of implementing multiple appearances of the web site, look at http://www.marx-brothers.org/links.htm.  In addition, looking at the filler comic with Abel, Jyrras, and Deathbringer, this site brings to mind the classic question: Why a duck?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dagardo

Quote from: Naldru on September 21, 2008, 03:08:32 PMIn addition, looking at the filler comic with Abel, Jyrras, and Deathbringer, this site brings to mind the classic question: Why a duck?

Because its funny.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Naldru on September 21, 2008, 03:08:32 PM
For a means of implementing multiple appearances of the web site, look at http://www.marx-brothers.org/links.htm.  In addition, looking at the filler comic with Abel, Jyrras, and Deathbringer, this site brings to mind the classic question: Why a duck?

Why not a duck?

Ghostwish

Quote from: Naldru on September 21, 2008, 03:08:32 PM

You racist against ducks or something?

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2008, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on September 21, 2008, 08:13:19 PM
Why not a duck?

"What duck?"

Sarcasm or not, not caring right now, this duck.
But honestly, I cant tell with you llearch.

Naldru

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 21, 2008, 08:13:19 PM
Why not a duck?
Shouldn't it be: Why not a chicken?

For those from other parts of the world: this is a discussion of Marxist philosophy (Groucho, not Karl) as it appeared in the movie Cocoanuts.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Toric

Well, so much for it being Compthulu getting his share of the war. :mowsad
Yap by Silver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on September 21, 2008, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2008, 10:11:41 PM
"What duck?"
Sarcasm or not, not caring right now, this duck.
But honestly, I cant tell with you llearch.

"What duck?"

Clearer? No sarcasm, otherwise there'd have been more words, and perhaps an emoticon or two, and no quote marks.

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2008, 11:59:51 PM
"What duck?"
Clearer? No sarcasm, otherwise there'd have been more words, and perhaps an emoticon or two, and no quote marks.
I find your comments highly enlightening.  I never got the joke before concerning "What Duck".  Both Terry Pratchett and yourself are everflowing founts of wisdom.