[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art- Space Adventurer Tania(Updated 11/08/09)

Started by Kipiru, August 24, 2008, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Here is something I whipped up in like 15 min. It's an attempt at a tribal style dragon. I think it came out neat.

Tribal Dragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Tezkat

I love that style of art. Such a great use of negative space. :mowcookie
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

WhiteFox

Looks like one of those scenes where there's an atomic bomb, or something, and every thing's bleached out in light.

Very cool.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

Here is one I've had in the works for quite some time- it is a request from a girlfriend of mine who wanted me to draw her like a fairy.

A Flower Fairy -NSFW

Gabi

Nice! I think the face looks a bit weird, but the skin, leaves and flowers look great.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on March 05, 2009, 03:50:25 PM
Another delayed request for a friend of mine's girlfriend:

Keeper of the Arcane

That's nice.  I like that.  Especially the floaty tiara thing on her head.  Out of interest, have you considered posting your art to DeviantArt or Furaffinity or something?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Actually I have a DA account, but I haven't had time to update it properly.

WhiteFox

This pic is awesome. The dress has a nice fabric feel to it, and is well detailed without being visually distracting. The pose looks fluid and natural, too. I love the floating head ornaments.

One or two nitpicks about the anatomy, though. The neck and shoulder line looks pretty unnatural, and the hands look about half as big as they should be.

Otherwise, it's just stellar work. Very nice.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Nice work indeed. As for DA, I wouldn't recommend uploading there. That means giving them absolute freedom to do whatever you want with your work (you have to agree to that before you upload anything).

Kipiru

And here is the first of what I plan on being a series of funny pics featuring Kipiru and Beever having a wacky fun time:

Kipiru and Beever at the beach

I just realized that this is the first time I've drawn Kipiru in his furry reincarnation! Same goes for Beever's lizardy self.

WhiteFox

Mmm. Beefcakey.

Nice expressions and body language, too.

Comics typically use a sans-serif font for dialog. It's more readable.

Blambot has a pile of free fonts for comics.

Aisha deCabre

Heh, interesting picture, and interesting take on Aisha and Gab.

Though, that's not how she'd react at all to that kind of thing.  She is taken you know. :rolleyes

Sorry, had a bad day yesterday and feeling rather picky, but it's also true.   :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 24, 2009, 04:10:58 PM
Though, that's not how she'd react at all to that kind of thing.  She is taken you know. :rolleyes

Sorry, had a bad day yesterday and feeling rather picky, but it's also true.   :B

i meant nothing by placing Gabi and you in this picture, just liked the idea of a cameo :)

Gareeku

Except, you know, she and Gabi are kinda looking on seemingly attracted by...well, you know...Beever's wotsit. :B

Other than that, nice pic.

Kipiru

Quote from: Gareeku on March 24, 2009, 05:21:14 PM
Except, you know, she and Gabi are kinda looking on seemingly attracted by...well, you know...Beever's wotsit. :B

Thanks Gar, and sorry if this brings on any inconvenience- I truthfully meant their looks to be out of pure curiosity and not lust. The whole pic is meant as a joke and the roles of the passing girls could of been taken by two unknown characters, but as I said I decided to humor the idea of a cameo from two recognizable participants in the forum. Again, sorry if this causes discomfort- I didn't mean it to be so.

Dekari

Well, that's all based on how you view the picture.  Just to play devil's advocate (and oh so like to play that part  :mwaha), that could be the look that comes two seconds before busting out in uncontrollable laughter.  :P

As for the picture itself, great work as always.  It looks like your refining your skill a lot work to work.  However, and this is personal opinion, the Goku/Super Saiyan hair is a little overused.  But again, that's just me.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Kipiru

Quote from: Dekari on March 24, 2009, 09:26:15 PM

As for the picture itself, great work as always.  It looks like your refining your skill a lot work to work.  However, and this is personal opinion, the Goku/Super Saiyan hair is a little overused.  But again, that's just me.

I assume you're talking about Kipiru's mane. I can see your point, but I was trying to do something similar to the mane in my avatar- creamy white and wild like fire.  :)

Gareeku

Well, that's all based on how you view the picture.  Just to play devil's advocate (and oh so like to play that part  :mwaha), that could be the look that comes two seconds before busting out in uncontrollable laughter.  :P

It could be, but it isn't :P

Dekari

Quote from: Kipiru on March 25, 2009, 02:24:12 AM

I assume you're talking about Kipiru's mane. I can see your point, but I was trying to do something similar to the mane in my avatar- creamy white and wild like fire.  :)

Oh, I guess I'm just used to seeing it done everywhere that when I see blond and spikey that's the first thing that comes to mind.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Kipiru

OK, something went horribly wrong here! This is a formal apology to Aisha deCabre and Gareeku and to Gabi if she feels in anyway insulted as well. In my opinion, the worst fate that can befall an artist is his creation to bring unpleasant feelings to someone and this is apparently what happened here. I'm sorry guys and girls, I didn't mean to! From this moment on the two females in the pitcure are to NOT be recognized as Gabi and Aisha, but as random characters. I hope there will be no hard feelings as a result of this.

Beever

Quote from: Kipiru on March 23, 2009, 07:27:07 PM
And here is the first of what I plan on being a series of funny pics featuring Kipiru and Beever having a wacky fun time:

Kipiru and Beever at the beach

I just realized that this is the first time I've drawn Kipiru in his furry reincarnation! Same goes for Beever's lizardy self.

That's Great Situation Kip, There is so much in it.And buddy, you know, I just love to bask under the sun.This body of mine just craves for constant sunshine. :mowwink :love3

Gareeku

Well Aisha isn't my character, so I probaby shouldn't be sticking my nose in. It's up to what Aish wants.

Mao

Not to stick my nose in or make any assumptions, but if you want to draw someone else's chars, it's generally better to ask and give them a run down of what you have in mind.  Particularly if you're putting their character in any sort of scenario/story.  Not doing so is kinda like meta-gaming to me.  You're taking control of someone else's character and making it do things they may or may not do or may not be comfortable with.

Kipiru

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2009, 01:48:47 PM
Not to stick my nose in or make any assumptions, but if you want to draw someone else's chars, it's generally better to ask and give them a run down of what you have in mind.  Particularly if you're putting their character in any sort of scenario/story.  Not doing so is kinda like meta-gaming to me.  You're taking control of someone else's character and making it do things they may or may not do or may not be comfortable with.

Yes, Mao. I think I got that the hard way, hence the apology above.

Here is my present to Ren from the Covert Courtesy Commutation:

Ren Gaulen

I was aiming for his awakened form but it only came out half right- I forgot about his third eye opening.

Beever

I looked it over and over again and I could tell it really is a splendid piece of work buddy!The gun is awesome and the sword as well.You played skilfully with the position of the character and succeeded in depicting the motion.This is truly one of your best pictures.I can't remember whether you mentioned about some problems with the fingers,let alone in the past, it is clear now that it ain't a problem anymore. :) :) :mowsmile

Jairus

Very awesome looking indeed, Kip. And offhand, maybe he hasn't opened his third eye yet... afraid of getting it poked or something like that.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gabi

Sorry, I've only just noticed this. The picture was funny, and very well drawn. As for the ladies... when I saw them my first thought was "wow, that fox looks like she's my relative". Then I read this thread and realized it was meant to be me... then at the end it turns out that maybe she wasn't... I guess we could settle it by saying she's my cousin.