[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art- Space Adventurer Tania(Updated 11/08/09)

Started by Kipiru, August 24, 2008, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

What are we seeing on her left hand?  Is that a gauntlet, or gore?

Overall it's a very good job - not someone I'd like to meet in a dark alley.  Or a well-lit one, either...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Wow. Great picture. :] Now I want to draw more pictures of Keaton. :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2009, 12:28:55 PM
That's clearly some sort of a gauntlet.

Tapewolf

Kipiru

A red gauntlet- took the idea from Amber's version of Keaton, but I wanted it to be different.

Sunblink

OMIGOD KIPIRU. This is AMAZING. I absolutely love my picture of Keaton, it's so fantastic and she looks so beautiful and elegant. You drew her so well! ;-; God, I love her outfit, too, and the coloring, and the pose, and the claw-gauntlet...

THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT THIS PICTURE. :tighthug Thank youuuuu!

Goodness, your art in general is good. I need to come by this topic more often.  :boogie

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 26, 2009, 12:29:53 PM
Wow. Great picture. :] Now I want to draw more pictures of Keaton. :3

That's clearly some sort of a gauntlet.

Indeed, and Keaton only uses it when she feels like being a diabolical supervillain. Damn that Gadget... [/childhood cartoon reference]

:3

Mao

For the Jakob picture, there's only one thing bothering me, and it's the distance from the chest muscles and the neck.  Maybe I'm just not looking at it right, but it seems like there's a huge gap there.  Otherwise I love it. 

For the Keaton picture I also have but one reservation about it.  ONE.  It's where the wings attach to the back.  It seems off.  They aren't even (or maybe symmetrical is the word I'm looking for)  and it almost look like her left one is missing a chunk, though that my be accounted for by a section between the bone 'fingers' within a wing.

Alright... now that my 'critique' is out of the way.

PRAISE!

You've got a real talent Kipiru and it's a treat to see you work.  You're constantly showing new improvements.  The most noticable to me is in the area of coloring and shading (though some of that can be accounted for because the earlier shots we saw were noted as being old), but it should also be noted that your anatomy has made improvements too.   I wish I had your ability to color. :P  It makes me want to go back to my avatar and attempt some better coloring.

Gareeku

Very nice indeed. I like the pose, and it looks like you got the patterns dead on.

Lysander

Very nice work. I like the detail with the markings very much.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Zedd

Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

GabrielsThoughts

hmm... JP looks pretty slick, Keaton's one of the wings appears to be stretched part way up her neck, still nice positioning  of character.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kipiru

Jairus

Woo, neat. I like how he's got his ears tied back to keep them from flopping around. That's a nice detail. One minor quibble: his pinky finger looks a bit off for some reason. Aside from that, it looks great.

Hey, how do I get one of those? ;)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Mao

<3 <3  <3

Much love for this picture man.  I think you've done an excellent job with it. :D  Mao very rarely has his eyes open, but it looks like you've come up with a scenario where he would:  During a wicked awesome battle scene.

Looking at him from this angle kinda makes him look like Remy LeBeau (Gambit) from X-Men, which rocks as Gambit was one of the few characters I actually enjoyed from X-men (the others being Colossus and Nightcrawler).   I really appreciate you doing this.  :D

Kipiru

It was my pleasure Mao. Your character was actually very fun to draw.

Ren Gaulen

Wow. Awesome picture. Gotta love action poses. :]

I wonder how do I get one? :3

Kipiru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 18, 2009, 02:56:33 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 18, 2009, 02:25:47 PM

By asking :) I'm willing to make one pic for anyone who asks, but keep in mind that I kind of work slowly sometimes and may take a while to finish some pics. All I require is patience!  :mowsmile

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kipiru on February 18, 2009, 03:00:42 PM

By asking :) I'm willing to make one pic for anyone who asks, but keep in mind that I kind of work slowly sometimes and may take a while to finish some pics. All I require is patience!  :mowsmile
Heh, thanks. :3 We won't hurry you. :]

Dekari

Quote from: Kipiru on February 18, 2009, 03:00:42 PM

Must...resist..temptation to...ask... :U

But, no, seriously...I'm probably still too new here to ask anything of anyone.  Although I do like your art style, I have to give you props for that.  You have quite a talent for wings and action poses. 
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Kipiru

Quote from: Dekari on February 18, 2009, 04:26:47 PM

But, no, seriously...I'm probably still too new here to ask anything of anyone.  Although I do like your art style, I have to give you props for that.  You have quite a talent for wings and action poses. 

I don't really discriminate over post count, but stick around a bit more and you may get your wish :)

GabrielsThoughts

Mao looks like a cross between a Gerbil and a Rabbit anthro ... Mao = cat .... wow, I'm so confuzled.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kipiru

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 18, 2009, 05:00:10 PM
Mao looks like a cross between a Gerbil and a Rabbit anthro ... Mao = cat .... wow, I'm so confuzled.

Mao is a  Nictarl (Hare/Feline hybrid)

Gareeku

Very awesome piece of artwork once again, Kipiru, I look forward to seeing more ^^

Mao

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 18, 2009, 05:00:10 PM

Part feline, part rabbit, all dirty hobo.  Oh, and a bit of a monk... but eh.. lets face it.  It's the hobo part that counts.

Dekari

Quote from: Kipiru on February 18, 2009, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Dekari on February 18, 2009, 04:26:47 PM

I don't really discriminate over post count, but stick around a bit more and you may get your wish :)

You did not just say that.  Now I'm going to be spending the next week working on a charactor detail.....oh, no wait, I've already spend the past three and half to four months makeing 15  :erk

I may not be able to darw, but I do have a creative mind that won't shut up  :U
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Lysander

Truly, this is great work. Awesome battle pose, great anatomy especially with his hands. Interesting idea with his ears.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Kipiru

Here is what I drew for 2008 Secret Santa:

naughty boys and girls

It was for someone called Wela Inomae! I hope it was liked.