Wanna hear something sad...

Started by thegayhare, February 16, 2008, 09:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Well This afternoon I was sitting in the living room waiting for my mom to get home after work.  we work on a jigsaw puzzle together most nights.

Any way I figured she should be out of work around 4 or 5 pm and at around 9 pm I figured well she must be staying the night at her boyfreind's place...

I was struck by how sad it is that my mom's lovelife is way better then my own...

gods is that sad

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gareeku

Yeah, not offense buddy but I've got to agree with D'Moon. Instead of posting about it on an internet forum, go out there and make an effort to meet some people. Potential love won't come to you if all you're going to do is just sit there and moan about it. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

thegayhare

yeah I know I was whining just felt I had to get it off my chest sorry

and Gareeku, how exactly does that work?  I'm in the middle of no where maine, with no car and seven foot high snow banks on either side of the rood.  I supose I could walk into town and meet some one but where to go, there is always the dollar store, oh I know the biker bar would be a great place to met a nice guy. 

sorry I'm bitter

Gabi

Have you tried an online dating site?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

I agree with Gabi, online dating sites can be a good way of meeting new people. Hell, sites like MySpace or Facebook can also be good too.

As for places that aren't online, if you can, try to find out whether there any dating places nearby within walking distance perhaps. If there are places further afield, try finding out about possible public transport routes. These are just ideas I'm throwing around, but think about them and see what you can do.

Damaris

Finding people as an adult is a lot harder than everyone thinks, especially in a small town.

Instead of working on ways to meet people, I suggest finding ways to get out of the house- volunteering for a library (or something similar if you're not near one) might be fulfilling.  If you're out and about in areas you love, eventually you'll meet at leat a person or two that enjoys the same things you do.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kenji

Or you could just abduct someone at AnthroCon.
Sedate them with snacks and cart them away.

thegayhare

Quote from: Kenji on February 17, 2008, 12:00:50 PM
Or you could just abduct someone at AnthroCon.
Sedate them with snacks and cart them away.
yes but your never alone long enough for me too... err nevermind

lucas marcone

the work place is a good forum to meet new people.

Technoire

Don't feel too bad, Hare...

Around Christmas I was visiting my nieces, who are twelve and eight. The older one is just now realizing her attractions to boys, has her first cell phone and first ever school drama, etc.
So we get to talking...
Niece: Wow, Aunt J, life is complicated!
Me: How so, hon?
Niece: I'm not even in high school yet and already I have a boyfriend, we wanna move out together, and we wanna start a family...
Me, taken aback: Oh, um... Well, twelve is a young age to be considering this.
Niece: I know, but we're mature for our age. The only thing we can't agree on is what kind of dog to get. ...What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: Well, no honey, not exactly.
Niece: Oh, I see, you've got a fiancee?
Me: Well, no. You see, I believe that like everyone else in the world, there is someone perfect for me out there, but I believe that person is a woman.
This niece raises an eyebrow and says "Serious?" And then her younger sister overhears and chimes in with:
"That's okay, Auntie J, I'd rather marry my best friend when I grow up than any smelly boy. They don't know how to treat a woman like other women do."
This coming from an eight year-old and, of course, not meaning the perverted thing it sounded like she meant, I awkwardly changed the subject and my older brother walks in to ask if we want lunch.
The older niece says "I'll have some, but you'll have to wait for Rene and Auntie J to stop being les-bunnies, first."

HOSHAT AWKWARD.

Kenji

*laughs* Les-bunnies. XD That's an awesome word.
Its like, the anti-TGH. :P

thegayhare

Quote from: Kenji on February 19, 2008, 08:38:52 PM

It scares me

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on February 19, 2008, 08:57:33 PM
Quote from: Kenji on February 19, 2008, 08:38:52 PM

It scares me

If it touches you, there'll be explosions.

llearch n'n'daCorna

matter and antimatter. Wooo.

Make Hiroshima look like a wet firecracker, that would. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rainbow Deluxe

Quote from: Gareeku on February 17, 2008, 10:55:28 AM
I agree with Gabi, online dating sites can be a good way of meeting new people. Hell, sites like MySpace or Facebook can also be good too.

As for places that aren't online, if you can, try to find out whether there any dating places nearby within walking distance perhaps. If there are places further afield, try finding out about possible public transport routes. These are just ideas I'm throwing around, but think about them and see what you can do.

Well, at least you aren't against online dating as most people are. I personally agree with them. Go out and try to mingle in town, looking for someone. If that doesn't help, try to get a job somewhere. Even though dating isn't really recommended between co-workers, you can always look for someone who comes into you job.

King Of Hearts

There is only one answer...

Go to Tibet, become a Eunuch monk and swear off all forms of sexuality!

...or just go on and meet people wherever they may be.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: King Of Hearts on March 12, 2008, 07:38:57 PM
Go to Tibet, become a Eunuch monk and swear off all forms of sexuality!
I've actually considered that.

More recently, I've discovered the potency of the line, "Do you like to dance?" but I think that one works better on women than men... and I don't actually want to date either of the girls I've asked.