Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

Has the meeting officially begun? i know i'm just a merchant but any chance at profit is likely to  peek my interest. 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

Notyet. The Mime and Golems haven't yet joined the meeting hall, and, come to think of it, the rest of the heroes (except for Azlan and llearch) are out in the town square.

Probably tonight, I'll start the meeting.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

Wait, is the Mime actually going to be with us?

Darkmoon

She's a real character. My assumption is yes. However, depending on how the next couple of days go, there are up to three separate plotlines any or all of you could follow, so "with you" is relative.

Omega

Just how does one cast a spell in this RPG? Do I have to give you a list of all the spells that I'd like my character to know, or are you willing to let me compose my own when the need arises?

Darkmoon

Just compose your own. If ever you do something that I think you shouldn't, I'll let you know.

If we were playing this on a tabletop, the system would allow you to decide how strong you want the spell to be (conversely effecting how hard it is to cast), and how you want it to function (what spell effects, based on your magic type, you want to accomplish).

EDIT: FYI, talking zombies are not that uncommon in my world. I edited your post just slightly to remove that confusion (since, someone with knowledge of the black arts would know that).

Damaris

Sorry to go a bit AWOL, guys.  Work was all consuming this week.  I'll try to be better.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

e_voyager

we all have days ,weeks  and sometimes months like that.. i for one would like to discuss  the  six charms that enigma is planing to sell if he gets the chance
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lushin

I need to learn to roleplay different. I also seemed to end up being considered the leader. I'm not the leader damnit I just like getting things moveing.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Daimien on February 10, 2008, 03:52:15 PM
I need to learn to roleplay different. I also seemed to end up being considered the leader. I'm not the leader damnit I just like getting things moveing.
Well, at the very least, you did just name one of my characters :) I must go put it in his profile now :3

On another note, 'getting things moving' is a subconcious leadership trait. The one who does so, intentionally or not, is gunning for the Alpha position in the pack. Unless someone actually wishes to challenge that claim, all pack members will congregate to the one who assumed Alpha first.
   Just go with it. That's the beauty of RPs. You are writing a story, but you're not the only one writing it. You're charcater just jumped for the leader slot, and no one has challenged thus far.
   That makes you the leader. And thus they story goes in a direction you never imagined or intended. That's not usually a bad thing.

Pagan

I concur with techmaster. Leaders don't always want to be the leader, sometimes they kinda fall into that slot. But again, this story is still young, so who knows what'll happen?

And so we finally introduce ourselves. I was wondering when that would happen.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

BTW, don't move too fast. We don't want to leave Damaris' Mime behind.

EDIT:
Don't know if that Mime is gonna be going"
Tarson looks at DFX.
"She give you any inclination she was coming along?"
If Damaris is coming along, I would have thought that The Mime would have followed DFX outside. Just because she is having some current trouble posting doesn't mean she isn't there. Though I can't actually tell you to do anything, my personal thought is that should be left open until she actually is able to post and catch up.
But that's just me.

EDIT EDIT: And as for supplies, I think DFX can probably make whatever anyone needs. He does have a huge rucksack on his back filled to the brim with stuff, as well as many belts filled with tools.
I think someone IC would have noticed that :U

Darkmoon

Ah yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everything you need, he can make. I'm certainly not going to allow him to have a rucksack of plot convenience.

techmaster-glitch

Not plot convenience, just mostly standard stuff. Granted, most of the stuff in his sack is raw materials for making repairs to himself or Tank, but he could adapt those materials for other things if the situation calls for it using any number of his tools. Ingenuity, resourcefulness, and crafting is what the character DFX is all about.

Darkmoon

True, but I'm still limiting your character to the standard budget most characters start off with. It's a way of stopping any form of god-modding through accessories.

techmaster-glitch

I'm actually going to descibe what's in it in my next post. If there is anything you feel I shouldn't have, tell me.

Darkmoon

I seriously hope people didn't expect DFX to carry food and water. I mean, he's a Golem. What need would he have for food and water?

No need to be jerks to him.

Lushin

I didn't think I was being a jerk to him.  :cry
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

Well, think about it. He troubled himself to show all the things he had at his disposal, and therefor the party's, and you basically said 'we don't need it'. How would you feel?

Darkmoon

To be fair, Tarson isn't entirely a nice person, but we are dealing with creatures that have little social skill. Bear this in mind. ;)

e_voyager

Quote from: Daimien on February 10, 2008, 03:52:15 PM

to quote 21 century fox. "the best sort of leader is one who drag kicking and screaming to the job"
also as it seems that my opening pitch was  ignored i think i'll follow you but i'm going to try to get dibs on any magical artifacts we run across. that was the price of my accompanying you to help out as well.  and don't think i've given up trying to sell you magical charms. they may not be perfect but they'll do what i say they will...

EDIT by D: I edited this, since I don't think you really should share quite as much as you did, iffin you want to be able to really do as you want. ;)

Darkmoon

I'm not gonna rush those of you heading off to investigate the goblins, et all, so just let me know when you are ready to move out of town and onwards with the adventure.

Chaos

Chaos - David Grand

Backstory: While the origins of Chaos have and cannot ever be clarified, it is known to those few who have seen him in action know that he considers himself more a force then a person. While this is highly presumptuous of the man, most let it slide to the obviously unstable nature of his mind. There are those, however who see beyond the first glance and recognize a strong and powerful mind. Though apparently blind, Chaos is known to disregard this fact and some even have seen the patterns of Chaos appearing where he says he needs to be.
Though investigations usually yield no information, on night an adventurer was able to get the blind man inebriated enough to get one story out of him.
"No one wants to be like me. I used to be a diviner, note used. Name was David, I think. Grand? I think now that I am the perfect example of what happens when things go wrong. It's hard you see, to stay on track when things seem so obvious, but to know that you can never guess, to seem so clear, but to be disgusted. Well, I meddled. That what we do, we seers when we get that bite of ambition. I tried something that I had no right to do. What's worse was I succeeded. After, well, I find that I can't keep my mind on things long enough to do anything of great note or power anymore. I have too much to do. You know that I have just decided to give up? Pleasure and fun are my masters, those and the wind and road."

Race: Human - Magic Modified.

Powers: After a magical 'accident', Chaos found that he had a form of limited Omniscience. Gaining instant physical knowledge of all things nearby. While this often allows him access to great amounts of knowledge, he often has trouble sifting through and prioritizing his information. ("Of course that man has a gun, so does the assassin that went in your friends room three minutes ago! Relax, he can take care of himself." ) In addition to this, he seems to be a capable physical fighter and has a descent grasp on magic (Though none have actually seen him cast)

Appearance: Chaos often changes clothes to suit his moods, but he always keeps his eyes covered. Once in a while though a person might catch him looking people in the eyes or checking out that woman... His hair is a light brown, build is spry and voice is a light baritone.

Other Notes: If this character seems easily abusable, he is. This is my generic character that I tend to use in open RPG. Thus it is easily scale-able to the appropriate power level. Also it can easily rev upwards when needed. I do have a multi-dimensional story to explain the set up, however I've always been afraid that it would sound cheesy. But I do have a quote that I like to use to show both the scale and balance of the character.

"I know everything, but everything is a huge book, and I only got to read it once."

Darkmoon

I'll work on your character tonight when I'm home.

Darkmoon

Omega, I hoped you ran that past Azlan before posting all of it.

Omega

'xcuse me?

Ah no. It's just Armita getting poetical once more. It's how he sees Aire. It has (or at least shouldn't have) anything to do with Azlan's character's background or overall image. Just like saying "I think that hat makes him look funny" or "You look scary to me." The fact that Aire really does cover her death is irrelevant. It's just how my character sees her.

But, if I've offended anyone, I'm more than willing to change that post.

techmaster-glitch

Tarson looks over at DFX and shrugs a bit while walking.
"Crazy kids"
What did I do? :B
Or were you not talking to DFX, but just glanced at him in passing?

And in case anyone's wondering, DFX and Tank are walking (or in Tank's case, shaking the ground with every step) just behind the group, not really saying anything. I'm just saying that here so I don't have to make a useless in-character post about it.

Lushin

I was talking to DFX. He was joking about the two talking to each other. You know cause he just told them something so he looked at DFX and said that as more of an off hand comment. He's treating DFX as one of the guys.
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

Ah. Got it.
In that case I should respond, however small it is.

Darkmoon

You guys are more than welcome to post in here whenever you want me to push the story along. However, I am enjoying seeing your character interactions, so I don't want to get in the way.