Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Aeo chuckled as he tried to light the mood 28 and Tarson had suddenly made,
Aha! You remembered his 'other' name! :)

familyghost

Yeah, Aeo usually calls people by simpler names and 28 is alot simpler than DFX to him.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: familyghost on February 13, 2008, 12:33:32 AM
Yeah, Aeo usually calls people by simpler names and 28 is alot simpler than DFX to him.
Heh.

Aaaaand post'd. That should cause some interesting conversation >:3

techmaster-glitch

"Oh right, machine..."
'Construct' would be more appropriate, machine and construct are different things, actually. But that's just a nitpick. You don't have to do anything about it if you don't want to.

familyghost

techmaster-glitch

Hey D-Moon, can we get a char index? I had trouble looking for one of the guys' profile a little bit ago.

Pagan

Which one? I can remember which page hosts which char profile.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Pagan on February 13, 2008, 10:51:30 PM
Which one? I can remember which page hosts which char profile.
Exactly!

Darkmoon

Uhm, sure...

EDIT: It's at the start of this thread.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Omega

Glitch, the constructs don't die to an old age, do they? Otherwise Armita wouldn't be able to "see death" in them either.

Darkmoon

Maybe he can see death clinging to them, as if they bring it with them wherever they go, if only by accident.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Omega on February 14, 2008, 09:21:15 AM
Glitch, the constructs don't die to an old age, do they? Otherwise Armita wouldn't be able to "see death" in them either.
Real constructs don't. This is bacause a true construct or golem was never alive in the first place. Warforged however, as described in Eberron, are 'living' constructs. It it hypothesized that, after 150 years, the internal body structure of a warforged, being a mesh of inorganic and organic material, might start to decay, and eventually break down. This theory has not been verified, since in Eberron, the first true warforged was created only thirty-three years before the campaign start.
   However, I think I will leave this particular technical detail up to Darkmoon. In Tank and DFX's case, if D-Moon says they will eventually 'die' of old age, it is a long way off. Tank, the older of the two, is barely more than five years old. If they don't, I guess Armita won't be able to see death in them either, except unless we go with what Darkmoon just said.

e_voyager

i find my self in the shadows stalking along behind the crew listening and watching more then anything. if fact i'm not sure that anyone even those i tried to speak to noticed i was there. but that's okay the game has just begun.

also just out of curiosity what exactly is a quid and how much would 5000 of them be in a check?  i ask because of and art fraud article mentioned that the asking price for a piece was 15000 pounds and the  buying thing it was low added and addition 5000 quid and if were using quid i need some point of reference for better understanding. IE. quid/ pound, quid / dollar, quid /gold piece just some point of reference.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

In terms of buying power, a "quid" is a GBP, or about 2 USD.

However, in the way that D is using it, I'd guess he's using it to mean "the local currency" and, as such, I'd expect 100 to be something along the lines of, oh, an offer of, say, 300k USD; enough to be a reasonable sum for a small community, but not really on par with what the job actually requires, and split across 5 people, is going to end up being fairly minimal pay.

The offer the Baron is adding to that is enough to make it reasonable, and the land is icing.

Darkmon, correct me if my assumptions are false, here.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

You're not. I'm using british terms for the currency so people don't get too confused as to "why are they using dollars" or "how much is gold worth." Shillings and the like have been around for a long time, so while, relatisiticly their value has changed over the centuries, it's still a happy common ground everyone can sort of understand.

As far as how it relates to the current game, you can assume that, if people have pocket money, it's in shillings and pence. Most people on the day to day would never see a pound (quid), and most would only ever hope to make 50 to 100 pounds all years (and that's if they are doing well).

Of course, nobles make more than that.

e_voyager

so a quid is a measure of 1000 right? or in this case 1000 pounds. if that's right then it think i understand.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

No. A "quid" is 1 pound.

In terms of buying power, however, it's worth a lot more in the society it's in. So the equivalent is probably approx 30k USD in today's money.

If we take the numbers I suggested, anyway.

Does that make sense?

e_voyager

yes i understand now. quid is another name for pound. 1=1  not 1=1000. thank you.

Darkmoon

Yeah, it's slang. the RPG's quid would be approx 100 USD or so, as a fair estimate of it's value.

In the RPG, a shilling is closer to 1 buck or so.

Lushin

So we rolling in Brittain now?
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I hope not. I know some of the places there... ;-]

Darkmoon

Quote from: Daimien on February 14, 2008, 01:37:30 PM
So we rolling in Brittain now?

Only kinda. Giving it a British feel instead of making EVERYTHING up allows for a bit of familiarity and a common point of reference. Locations, people, etc are, however, entirely fictional.

Omega

Alas. I'll probably be unable to take part in this adventure for this weekend. A reunion of men at arms ties my hands, so Armita will play a bit passive role in this game for a while.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ain't we all.

Likewise, the DSL is remaining down for at least the weekend, and probably most of next week. Just to make life interesting.

Darkmoon

It's fine. We're moving a slow, but fun pace, so I don't see any need to feel rushed. Come back when you're back, and I'm sure there'll be a place for ya.

familyghost

Speaking of moving, I won't be able to post much for the next few days.  Forced relocation and all..

techmaster-glitch

Wow. That's three guys falling out for a few days...
Strange coincidence, huh?

e_voyager

i'll be here but until i can make a grand play and get noticed then i'll just be something of a readers guide as it were. currently about about a foot or two behind DFX or 28 a name that enigma may have hear the elf say i'm not sure. so i'll have to check again.

techmaster-glitch

Aeo/Familyghost didn't say Twenty-Eight aloud, but DFX did when he was saying you could call him either DFX or Twenty-Eight.

Azlan

I have a large clan raid this weekend, I'll be out of posting for a bit.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"