Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Heh, that makes four guys out of action...

techmaster-glitch

"Who's the most human looking of the group that can ask?"
:lol that gave me a nice laugh :)

Omega

Daimien, How much can Armita tell about the nature of the runes on Tarson's arm?

Lushin

Unless he know alot about runes not a whole lot. Besides Tarson just showed them to let you know they are there. He covered them back up fairly quickly.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

DFX knows a good deal about magic, enchantment, and runes, as he worked alongside his brothers and father in his superforge alot. He was a master wizard, and DFX is a bit of a mage himself. With on a quick glance though, all DFX would probably be able to tell is that Tarson's arm has something to do with lightning. It would take thourough examination and maybe some identification magic to fully ascertain all the magic in the arm.

Darkmoon

I'd have to check the character sheets from home (I'm at work currently), to be able to tell you how much, and with what accuracy, you'd be able to learn from the runes, but I wouldn't completely rule it our either.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Darkmoon

Okay, DFX does have a fair bit of Knowledge sight. It's buolt into the character sheet. If you wanted to give it a shot to see, I'd send you a PM of what you learned.

techmaster-glitch

Hey Darkmoon, I got a bit of an idle question, just for clarification (more for other's benifit than mine). What Affinity does lightning/electricity magic fall under, Air or Fire? I've seen that it varies from universe to universe. Sometimes it is considered base Air, because lightning is associated with storms, which of course is Air. In other cases, electricity is base Fire, because it's seen as just another type of 'fire'.

How is it in your world?

Darkmoon

I put lightning under Light, actually. In my eyes, it was much like lightbeams or the like. You could make an argument that air is as applicable, as it's the static discharge in the air that causes lightning, and, yes, I would credit you that.

It's the nice thing about a malleable magic system: you can have multiple ways to get similar results.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Apologies for keeping the Mime cooped up for a couple of weeks. As noted, lack of internet - and only having Internet at work - is not conducive to posting weird, strange RP happenings.

And moving house doesn't do much for thinking them up, either...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

sorry to be gone for so long but RL was really getting the best of me. i should be caught up and posting i a day or two. by Monday at the latest as they have me working a 15 hour shift the day after tomorrow
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

I'll make a posting tonight for the camp. I just wanted to make sure everyone was settled in first.

Azlan

What I did is rather dependent on a hay loft... I was picturing a gambrel roofed type building...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Omega

ugh... I'm having my lab month at the moment, which might slow down my posting, because my time and efforts are needed elsewhere. I will try to spare a moment of my time in here every day, but if you don't hear from Armita for a day or two, you can just assume that he's somewhere around, without makeing a sound.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Azlan on March 08, 2008, 04:04:57 AM
What I did is rather dependent on a hay loft... I was picturing a gambrel roofed type building...

I figured there was a hayloft. Don't worry.

techmaster-glitch

In case you're interested, D-moon (or anyone else), here's some technical data on the blast-spell that DFX had cast on himself to use.
   The core spell draws its energy from the Fire Affinity, but jimmied with some Light to turn it from a simple ball of fire into something more cohesive with a bit of actual force instead of something that can only ignite things on average. However, it is still low-yield in terms of how much damage it can actually inflict. Of course, he also doesn't have the best aim in the world, so...

And on an entirely unrelated note, are you going to post anything going on at the farm that Bocks and the Mime are at? I've been wanting to see how they fare with their investigation.

e_voyager

my PC situation is getting desperate. but i'm trying to show up as much as possible. if it's not to much trouble I'd like to look around the ares for useful items and artifacts. i don't expect to find much of anything but I'm still game to look.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 08, 2008, 10:22:13 PM
And on an entirely unrelated note, are you going to post anything going on at the farm that Bocks and the Mime are at? I've been wanting to see how they fare with their investigation.

... I've been sidetracked by moving house. Hence the dearth of posts on my side. Lately, I've been leaving some space for Damaris to post into. I shall... endeavour to move the thread along a bit in the near future.

Watch this space.

techmaster-glitch

Unless I missed something, you actually did make a post about Bocks getting to Eric's farm and letting the Mime out, but D-Moon has yet to respond to that.

I could be wrong, though.

Darkmoon

I posted a short response attached to a posting for your plotline. I had not heard back from llearch or Dam yet.

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh heh...that little goblin reminds me of something...
Too small to matter, too mean to die indeed :giggle

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 09, 2008, 04:14:52 PM
I posted a short response attached to a posting for your plotline. I had not heard back from llearch or Dam yet.

I nudged Dam over IM at the time, I think, but didn't see any post. Since there's only two of us, it's a trifle unfair for me to post all the time... ;-]

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 09, 2008, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on March 09, 2008, 04:14:52 PM

I nudged Dam over IM at the time, I think, but didn't see any post. Since there's only two of us, it's a trifle unfair for me to post all the time... ;-]

She's had stuff going on today *coughneopetscough*

llearch n'n'daCorna

I figured someonething was keeping her busy.

Darkmoon

Points to Bocks, Enigma, and DFX for the last few postings.

e_voyager

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 10, 2008, 07:36:04 AM
Points to Bocks, Enigma, and DFX for the last few postings.

er what? i'm not sure what you mean.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The GM supplies points for exceptionally good posts. Enigma, DFX, and Bocks all earned some.

Sometime soon, we'll learn what those points can be used for, which should prove interesting.

e_voyager

thank you very kindly llearch. i was completely  lost.

Darkmoon

They are like experience points, earned through the game for interesting, funny, and/or well played bits. When you're wanting to upgrade your character, you may spend your points on stats, skills, magic, etc to improve your character and allow them to grow (with more powers).

Soon enough, the first "session" will end, and everyone will gain a nice experience bonus before we move into the next leg of our journey.

techmaster-glitch

Just to make sure, I'm not actually spending any experience towards improving DFX's magic sense at the moment, if any are required. He might not even be able to discern anything useful. If that is the case, the only reason he's trying to train is that is now a goal, and in his warforged mindset, if there is a goal, get it done.