Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Well, depending on what magic you wanted to upgrade, it'd take a lot of points, anyway. Magic is expensive in my game, but, it's capable of being learned by anyone. It's the trade-off.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

It's not magic he's trying to learn, it's the ability to sense and detect magic innately, without using magic to identify magic. That he can already do (to a small degree). Am I making any sense?

Darkmoon

He can alerady do that in a fairly decent sense, actually. If we want to get technical, he has the class power of "Know" which allows him to know details about things. You're at three out of five in know, which grants you a fair bit of information.

For those curious, it is always assumed that, when using "Know", the knowledge you gain back is probably from some research you did a while back, or random trivia gleaned during your travels, and all that information comes together right when you need it (ie, when you use the power).

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 11, 2008, 07:31:37 AM
He can alerady do that in a fairly decent sense, actually. If we want to get technical, he has the class power of "Know" which allows him to know details about things. You're at three out of five in know, which grants you a fair bit of information.

For those curious, it is always assumed that, when using "Know", the knowledge you gain back is probably from some research you did a while back, or random trivia gleaned during your travels, and all that information comes together right when you need it (ie, when you use the power).
Huh. That means I portrayed him as less powerful in that than he actually is in that regard...

Omega

At the moment, in game, Armita is trying to animate few of the remaining bodies, mainly for the questioning and for extra muscle.
Questions for the Darkmoon:
1) Can he do this?
2) How many will he be able to animate?

Darkmoon

You an animate them, but they won't have minds. They'll just be bodies.

I believe at your power level you can animate 12 of them for up to an hour (that's going from memory, since I don't have my book/notes available at work). Of course, if they take damage or such like, their rate of decay will be faster.

Darkmoon

I will be out of town this weekend, but, luckily, you guys can run without me for a spell. If it gets boring and you need something to do, feel free to have a random encounter.

Omega

Just for the record: Armita has missed all the conversation made in few days. But I haven't.

techmaster-glitch

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Damaris has posted!"

:D

techmaster-glitch

Oh and uh, by the way Omega, the party is actually walking right now;
Armira flashed a smile, dropped his spear and sat down to watch how the thiefling would do. He didn't mind his clothes getting dirty.
if you sat down, you'll be left behind ;)

Darkmoon

Darn, I wanted to see how long it'd take for him to notice.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Thumb Laceration Guy on March 16, 2008, 10:47:35 PM
Darn, I wanted to see how long it'd take for him to notice.
Whoops. Sorry :<

techmaster-glitch

Hmm, we have a character of part-demonic descent, and a Golem (to use D-Moon's terminology) who doesn't understand the fleshling concept of 'polite'...interesting xD

Lushin

I'll get you guys to not want to follow my advice by the end of this yet. Just you wait.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

you'll see. then again for me you're little more then a springboard to reach my own goals or so it would seem. and should you die i'm laying claim to your stone arm.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

BTW familyghost, I don't actually expect Aeo to take up on DFX at this point (I know he was acting like a jerk; on my part that was deliberate, on DFX's he doesn't know the difference). In fact, RP-wise, it might be better if he didn't, because then IC that will lead to DFX asking why, and eventually communicating that he didn't mean anything, and maybe even going further to explain (to maybe even the whole party) how he and Tank actually work in their heads, so future misunderstandings can be avoided.

Quote from: e_voyager on March 18, 2008, 02:53:34 AM
and should you die i'm laying claim to your stone arm.
You'll have to fight DFX for it >:3

familyghost

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 18, 2008, 03:12:23 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on March 18, 2008, 02:53:34 AM
and should you die i'm laying claim to your stone arm.
You'll have to fight DFX for it >:3

Then you'll have to fight Aeo (if he ain't dead) to allow it to be buried.

But yeah I planned on something like that as well as a few extra things I spotted in DFX's response to the party stopping.

Omega

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 16, 2008, 10:08:57 PM
Oh and uh, by the way Omega, the party is actually walking right now;
Armira flashed a smile, dropped his spear and sat down to watch how the thiefling would do. He didn't mind his clothes getting dirty.
if you sat down, you'll be left behind ;)
Clearly, I've been reading, but not with my eyes open.
I'll have to edit that a lil' bit.

Darkmoon

Points to Armita and DFX...

I really need to post something for the mime to do.

techmaster-glitch

Ay yi yi! Slow down for a sec, can't DFX and Tank have a chance to speak for themselves in this regard?

Omega

techmaster-glitch

Gah. Finally done. Been working on it ever since five replies ago. Tank didn't even get to say,
"I've had enough fleshling on my back for one day."
like I was planning for him to. Had to keep re-editing a post that wasn't even completed after each new reply to add in something, or change it back in one or two cases. UGLAH.

Lushin

Oh sorry. I don't know why but I figured Tarson would get mad about some of those comments. Bring back some bad times from his past.
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

the construct had a point and seemed disinclined to look beyoned the surface of his words...it was amusing to think that these entities could be bewildered but that might come in handy later on if he needed to do some fast talking to get something from them...
Ohhh, I can't wait for a chance to prove this wrong... >:3 See, normally DFX would be more than happy to look deeper into things, it is something he enjoys doing and something that he does often, if his highly complicated speech is any indication. The only reason he didn't right now is because this is the second time in quick succession that he has been bombarded with comments from everyone else left and right, and now they have to get moving to keep up with Tarson. If it weren't for that, he probably would have been able to answer in much more detail. While he ususally is good at multitasking, this is a specific scenario he has not dealt with before, but something that he and Tank both benefit from is exceptional memory and adaptability. Now that this has happened once, if it happens again, he will be much more prepared to cope with it.
   Sorry, but you won't be tripping DFX up that easy... :mwaha

e_voyager

chuckles. indeed? but you seemed to have over looked part of Enigma's  observation and he's just notes a possibility at the moment mind you.  what you over looked was this 
Quote from: EnigmaThe construct seemed to be idling liked a  peasant or merchant trying to shift this his sales pitch to ferret out  if what he was told was true or not meaning that there was a chance that he was trying to come to grips with everything that was going on at once.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Actually, that was the sentance that I couldn't quite understand.

Darkmoon

Lushin

Tarson almost managed to get away from you guys.
/happiness.exe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

familyghost