Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Hmm.. I used the character sheet that was posted... what seems to be missing?

llearch n'n'daCorna

You've deliberately been vague about a couple of details. I figured that means there's things you'd rather keep secret from your fellow players for the sake of the plot.

If so, you need to be explicit about them to the GMs.

The "incident", for example, or the "dangerous aspect of his personality" that he has to control.

Surprising the players is all good. Surprising the GMs is not.

Not an objection, see. Merely an observation.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Ah, well if they approve the rest of it I will give them enough info to work with on those points.  However I don't really want to divulge too much because I'm still writing about it myself.  It's the very page of his character story that I've been stuck on for the last little bit in truth.

Sunblink

Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 02:24:54 PM
Ah, well if they approve the rest of it I will give them enough info to work with on those points.  However I don't really want to divulge too much because I'm still writing about it myself.  It's the very page of his character story that I've been stuck on for the last little bit in truth.

In all fairness, it'd probably be best if you amended your profile to include a bit more information, since we don't want to end up with any abilities or stuff that Cogidubnus and I haven't been able to verify. (It's in the rules :B) If you don't feel okay about revealing any spoilers, though, we can reach a compromise and you can send me or Cogidubnus a PM with the info, and see if it's alright.

Mao

No hidden abilities with this.  In truth I thought the details were pretty predictable and easy to guess but apparently not. :P

Edit:  PM sent.

Edit Again:  It should be noted that it's listed as a weakness.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mwahahaha.

I has a post, but I need to check with Keaton and/or Cogidubnus before posting.

.. and it's so annoying to be sitting on it. :-/

e_voyager

i know how you feel boxy. i went through that in the darkness rp. also it seems it's been too long since i've started threads in the main section if i need both yours and darkmoons help to get it right.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

In response to Tape's post, what do we do if it treads on us? >:3

e_voyager

can we use Cross as a distraction? you know make him the apparent griffin lead the huge one away from the ship while asking if he's seen any others of their kind with something on it's head?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 18, 2008, 10:15:30 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 18, 2008, 10:04:07 AM
In response to Tape's post, what do we do if it treads on us? >:3

Go squish?

Well, yes.

I just mean to say one shouldn't worry about one's beard when you're about to lose your head.

llearch n'n'daCorna

While one has a head, worrying about your beard is fine.

So, worrying about it stepping on the ship is probably a good thing. Once it steps on us, worrying is going to be the last thing on our minds...

e_voyager

heads and beards, bodies and ships. can we worry about survival first and injury second?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Weee!

Incidentally, I wanted to work in "We're fucked, game over, man, game over" but it just wouldn't flow...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 18, 2008, 10:17:27 AM
I just mean to say one shouldn't worry about one's beard when you're about to lose your head.

Cross (and me) are of the opinion that it's too obvious to state.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 18, 2008, 11:42:58 AM
Weee!

Incidentally, I wanted to work in "We're fucked, game over, man, game over" but it just wouldn't flow...

*snerks!*

What, you spend so much time being gleeful over the large-calibur pistol, but when the time comes to actually -fight- something...

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 18, 2008, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 18, 2008, 10:17:27 AM

Cross (and me) are of the opinion that it's too obvious to state.

Fair enough. Just wanted to point out you've got bigger problems. ;3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 18, 2008, 11:47:14 AM
*snerks!*

What, you spend so much time being gleeful over the large-calibur pistol, but when the time comes to actually -fight- something...

... he's too far away to actually hit it. And even if he did, I expect it to not do much more than just irritate the big puppy. If he had the BIG gun, on the other hand, he might try it.

Besides, he'd much rather run up to it and shoot it in the head point-blank.

Tapewolf

Another way to look at it is that Cross isn't so fussy about who else dies as long as the ship isn't squished...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 18, 2008, 11:55:03 AM
Another way to look at it is that Cross isn't so fussy about who else dies as long as the ship isn't squished...

I sometimes forget this is Cross and not Jakob, yes. :B

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 18, 2008, 11:52:43 AM
... he's too far away to actually hit it. And even if he did, I expect it to not do much more than just irritate the big puppy. If he had the BIG gun, on the other hand, he might try it.

Besides, he'd much rather run up to it and shoot it in the head point-blank.

The Big Gun might destroy the airship anyway, though, if you're not careful about the recoil. *grins*

And somehow I think Witt would charge the thing, Big Gun or no. Just the feeling I get. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehehehe.

Well, you wouldn't want him to miss, now, would you? ;-]

Tapewolf

I can't remember whether I used it now, but I had written a long spiel for Cross about what he was going to do to anyone who threatens the wellbeing of the airship  :P

e_voyager

i wish i could remember i thing it was around page 21 0r 23. best of luck finding it. it was arond the time were cogi the berserker had to be put to sleep for a while.

Sunblink

Holy shit that was a doozy of a post. See why this stuff takes me so long? I apologize if it moved things along too quickly. PLOT THINGIES ARE COMING UP.

Yugo and Ren Gaulen, you guys are up!

llearch n'n'daCorna

e, the undead virus thing? It's only effective if you bite the critter before it dies, I believe.

Infection -> death -> undead.

Amber is welcome to correct me on that, but that's my understanding of the process.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 01, 2009, 08:06:39 AM
e, the undead virus thing? It's only effective if you bite the critter before it dies, I believe.
Once bitten, the victim must die within 24 hours to become an undead.

**EDIT**
Specifically:  http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Undead#Reproduction

llearch n'n'daCorna

About what I thought.

Of course, e_voyager can play that his char doesn't _know_ that. In which case my post is totally irrelevant. ;-]

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 01, 2009, 08:06:39 AM

Infection -> death -> undead.

Amber is welcome to correct me on that, but that's my understanding of the process.

to clear things up  i submit.

Quote from: e_voyager on January 01, 2009, 02:35:35 AM
yet at the same time as it was staggering under the attacks he'd felt a terrifying hunger. he wanted to launch himself into the  bleeding gash the hedgehog  left on the griffin's  chest and chew his way through the  it body to it's heart. that was a bad ideal under all circumstances as even if he's succeed then there was a chance that the undead virus would work it's magic on the Griffin it was a small chance but a chance no the less.

he's not feeling the hunger now but then when the creature was weak and staggering he'd felt the desire to do so. now he's going though revulsion and feelings similar to withdrawal.  he's thinking about what might have happened if he'd given in and tired to eat his way through to the Griffin's heart. he never said he was going to do it now.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, my bad. I missed that it was past tense. :-/ Sorry about that.

Thanks for the clarification.

e_voyager

no  problem i have communication problems from time to time. (spelling not withstand as it is a constant) if i had said .

' he wanted to launch himself into the bleeding gash the hedgehog  left on the griffin's  chest and chew his way through the it body to it's still beating heart'

this it would have been more clear that he was remembering past tense and not thinking in the now.

Tapewolf

Who are we stalled on at the moment?