Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Cross is either going to show them the glowy and try to convince them to go outside, or he's going to cosh them.  Or possibly show them the glowy and then cosh them while they're gawking at it.  I need to toss a coin or something to work out which.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Point of order, Boogey.

Helium doesn't burn. Hydrogen does, Helium doesn't.

At least, not at standard temperature and pressure. You can get Helium to burn, but you have to get exotic...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2008, 03:27:13 AM
Point of order, Boogey.

At least, not at standard temperature and pressure. You can get Helium to burn, but you have to get exotic...

Yes, but this stuff does. Whatever it is. ;3

llearch n'n'daCorna

:-/

That's not a good sign.

In fact, that's such a bad sign that Witt probably needs to comment on it.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 19, 2008, 08:12:34 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2008, 03:27:13 AM

Yes, but this stuff does. Whatever it is. ;3

Is anyone else wondering how Pandora managed to isolate and create a mixture of Cavorite and phlogiston?

Or maybe she discovered the long-abandoned Upsidaisium mine...?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Mao

Any idea on when this RP might be open again?

Tapewolf

I don't know, but we've had a fair amount of attrition.  New blood might be a good idea, though I'm not sure how we'd add someone to it, plot-wise.

e_voyager

I have plenty of fear as my neurotic fear of death and fire come to the surface.  some one save me before i spaze out please?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Sunblink

Phew. And finally I post. I'm sorry for the inactivity on my part, everyone. Only recently I've really started RPing again after a bit of a slump.

To Mowser, I agree with Tapewolf, some new blood would be a good thing. Cog and I could try to find a way to work you into the plot, depending on your character's nature/occupation/whatever, like we're doing with Yugo's character.

I should probably edit the first post to reflect that we're accepting new applications.

To everyone, your characters are now, officially, out of the ship, and we can now start doing things in an upcoming story arc. Who wants the honors of carrying Cog? :>

Paladin Sheppard

Well Paige still has Coggeh in her tentacles....So I guess shes stuck with him.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 01, 2008, 09:17:11 PM
Well Paige still has Coggeh in her tentacles....So I guess shes stuck with him.

Probably. I mean, last time Witt did that, he was, er, rather more literally stuck with the job... I don't think he's all that willing to repeat the experience.

... I suspect Paige could persuade him, if she was that way inclined, though.

e_voyager

i'm happy enough now that the fires out and my mind is returning for 100 fiery death scenarios that were about to send me running in the the woods screaming my undead head off.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Witt: "Roight, a drink ev'ry time he ses she's pretty, 'nother when she screams, two iffn she's fakin'... any other rules you care to play with?"

I can't speak for Pandora's reactions, but I don't see Cross saying she's pretty.  I've always imagined 'Cubi - (SAIA trained ones, anyway) as treating sex as a very casual thing - hence his quick acceptance.  If she did fake it, he'd know, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can't see Cross saying it either.

On the other hand, I can see Witt suggesting it...

e_voyager

you guys are a riot and i'm off to sleep. and Witt for Epyon thanks for the drink. sit seems that some times it pays to be socially invisible.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You're welcome. ;-]

As is Cross. I'll hope to have a suitable response soon.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2008, 01:35:05 PM
You're welcome. ;-]
Was that aimed at E, or is it because Cross did decide to use his tentacles?

I'm keeping it ambiguous as to whether Cross and Pandora are yet going at it.  That is for Keaton to decide, as I seem to recall her being a self-avowed member of the 'Perverted Minors' group on DA  >:3

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 01:40:21 PM
I'm keeping it ambiguous as to whether Cross and Pandora are yet going at it.  That is for Keaton to decide, as I seem to recall her being a self-avowed member of the 'Perverted Minors' group on DA  >:3

I KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU SPEAK

Actually, the creator of that stamp removed it at some point, so I had to replace it :< It was such a nice stamp, too.

Anyway, chances are you guys aren't going to hear much input on Pandora's part since I, too, want to keep the scene ambiguous. If anything, it's just a precursor to a scene transition. Part of the reason I initiated this to begin with was because I needed to keep Pandora preoccupied and thoroughly distracted for an upcoming arc.

The second part is because I thought it'd be amusing. :B

Heavens, Witt is a delightful asshole.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2008, 01:35:05 PM
You're welcome. ;-]
Was that aimed at E, or is it because Cross did decide to use his tentacles?

Eh. Spanky, but it fits for Cross. Little of column A, little of column B.

Oh, heck yes. No details - let's keep it tasteful.

... well, as tasteful as we can with Witt helping out. I'll try to keep him in check....

techmaster-glitch

:giggle Heheheh...I think I'm enjoying this almost as much as Witt is... :lol

Sunblink

Enjoy it while you can, because then I'll go back to making things difficult >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 03, 2008, 03:23:19 PM
Enjoy it while you can, because then I'll go back to making things difficult >:3

... like Witt?

Tapewolf

It occurs to me that Fal'taq recording the event is a really bad idea, since unless the party somehow manages to overthrow the Mer, the chances are one of Fal's clients is going to recognise someone (the group being public enemy numbers 1-8 etc ), and the recording is going to leave something of a paper trail for the Mer to follow.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm inclined to agree.

OTOH, I can't come up with any reason for Witt to object. As long as he's not in the frame...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 04, 2008, 11:38:02 AM
OTOH, I can't come up with any reason for Witt to object. As long as he's not in the frame...
He's on audio, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I should say, some reason for him to notice and realise what is being done.

If he realised, he'd probably object, just on general principles....

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2008, 11:33:48 AM

the chances are one of Fal's clients is going to recognise someone (the group being public enemy numbers 1-8 etc ), and the recording is going to leave something of a paper trail for the Mer to follow.

A paper trail? The kind of people who buy the kind of recordings Fal'taq sells don't much believe in paper trails. You won't find this on a shelf at Blockbuster, remember. Not even in a brown paper bag under the counter. And I'm not sure if they'd be all that worried about all that "public enemy" stuff, either. Mer threats might "persuade" a client to give up Fal'taq's go-between, but I doubt anything less serious would work. If anything, I'd guess it would tempt Fal'taq to demand higher prices. And probably get them.

Besides, this is a "for later" deal for Fal'taq. He won't do anything about the recording until after this adventure's over — it was just a little set scene to show a little more of what an evil, perverted DOM the mole is.

Although if anyone happens to discover what's recorded on that message orb in his pocket...   :kruger

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on October 04, 2008, 01:04:43 PM
A paper trail? The kind of people who buy the kind of recordings Fal'taq sells don't much believe in paper trails.
I was thinking in terms of the Mer finding the dealer, torturing him until he reveals his dealer and then killing him, then torturing the next link in the chain and so on until they have Fal'taq.

QuoteBesides, this is a "for later" deal for Fal'taq. He won't do anything about the recording until after this adventure's over
True enough.

QuoteAlthough if anyone happens to discover what's recorded on that message orb in his pocket...   :kruger
I suspect that goes both ways.  If Cross finds he's caught on film - whatever he's doing - the person who did it is liable to end up as cattle for the soul-dairy - assuming Cross happens to be in an understanding mood at the time.

Actually this gives me an idea.

e_voyager

go for it grove with it and if Epyon asks about they strange glowing thing on the tree don't rip his head off M'kay?

SpottedKitty

Quote from: e_voyager on October 04, 2008, 01:43:38 PM
and if Epyon asks about they strange glowing thing on the tree
Glowing thing? The spy-crystal glowed for a moment when Fal'taq set the spell on it, but right now it just looks like a small chunk of mica or quartz, wedged into a hole in a tree. It's not supposed to be noticed, remember.