Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Well, my apologies for the doublepost, but, we seem to have run into some difficulties.

I'm wondering what's holding the RP up - specifically here, I'd like people to post what they're waiting on, so it can be addressed, and the story can move forward, or if people simply don't know what to do.

Thanks,
-Cog

Tapewolf

I'm waiting on Axiyne to report back.  However, I must confess that I'm not at all sure what we're supposed to be doing.  Since you ask, I will give a critical appraisal.  You might not find what I have to say to be wholly flattering, I'm afraid to say, and I really don't mean this in a nasty way, but it should hopefully give some insight into the way I'm thinking.  I can be very somewhat paranoid, but if other people are thinking this sort of thing too, it might explain the quiet period.

Simply put, I've been observing something of a 'Keaton giveth, Cog taketh away' effect.  That's all very well, but I've been starting to wonder if a bit too much has been "taketh awayed" of late.
To get right to the point, earlier you impressed upon me (and Cross) that our characters are sitting ducks who stand positively no chance in a straight fight against the Mer or the Family, and that since the word is out who we are, we can't approach civilisation in any way.

The airship represents the sole advantage we have, and now it's broken.  Fair enough, we'll repair it, but to be perfectly honest, the vibes I'm getting are that we aren't supposed to repair it.  In view of pretty much everything that's happened or been touched upon before, that leaves us with what are essentially, insurmountable odds and the defeatist part of me is starting to go 'why bother struggling?'.

As I say, this is probably just the depressive part of me speaking.  It doesn't sound quite like you or Keaton to just screw us, but to be honest I think we do need some kind of a break, not another part of the airship failing or a reminder that the Mer are only a few hundred feet away  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

I appreciate the honesty in your answer, sir, definitely.

Firstly, I'll say that you're right in suspecting you're not supposed to fix the airship - as, you are in fact, not supposed to fix the airship, yet. I have been trying to encourage, as much as a I can, people to go outside, and half of my frustration has been that people simply aren't, and I'm getting the feeling that people are 'afraid' to leave the airship, somehow.

As far as the rest of it, though, I can honestly say I don't mean to make things so difficult that it's un-fun. I will say, that generally when I do try and make things so difficult that they seem impossible, I'm trying to encourage the party to take another action instead.

The seaside isn't -that- far away, true, and there are Mer in the ocean, but I can also guarantee that, at this point, staying inside the airship or getting it fixed isn't going to 'help', in that regard. The advantage to the airship is that it can fly above the weather. Beneath the clouds, it's not impossible for them to destroy. Inside the ship or outside, the Mer are just as much a threat.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 01, 2008, 07:55:29 PM
I appreciate the honesty in your answer, sir, definitely.
Thanks.  I seem to have had a bit of a rotten day, so I may perhaps be a bit more bitter than I would normally.  For that I apologise.

QuoteFirstly, I'll say that you're right in suspecting you're not supposed to fix the airship - as, you are in fact, not supposed to fix the airship, yet. I have been trying to encourage, as much as a I can, people to go outside, and half of my frustration has been that people simply aren't, and I'm getting the feeling that people are 'afraid' to leave the airship, somehow.
So far as Cross is concerned, it's pretty much certain death if they run into anyone at all, since anyone sufficiently civilised to help them is liable to have contact with their enemies, since basically all the main world powers are out to get them.

If that is what we're supposed to be doing, changing his mind is going to take some fancy footwork.  I'll have to think it over.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 08:05:05 PM
So far as Cross is concerned, it's pretty much certain death if they run into anyone at all, since anyone sufficiently civilised to help them is liable to have contact with their enemies, since basically all the main world powers are out to get them.

If that is what we're supposed to be doing, changing his mind is going to take some fancy footwork.  I'll have to think it over.

That can be solved, if only people would go outside and survey the damage, even if they don't want to tromp through the jungle in search of civilization...;3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 01, 2008, 08:28:40 PM
That can be solved, if only people would go outside and survey the damage, even if they don't want to tromp through the jungle in search of civilization...;3
He is outside, he's just staying near the ship.  As for the others, I guess we'll have to see.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2008, 04:14:24 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 01, 2008, 08:28:40 PM
He is outside, he's just staying near the ship.  As for the others, I guess we'll have to see.

...he is?

I must have missed that post. *checks through again*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 02, 2008, 08:01:23 AM

This is the one.  At that point, people seemed to be going outside, so Cross went with them, carrying Keaton.  It's actually a bit hard to miss, now I re-read it, but from that point on, I've assumed that he's been sitting outside the ship:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3949.msg205092.html#msg205092

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

llearch's away, and I'm not sure about Paladin, but I'm certainly still interested.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2008, 08:16:12 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 02, 2008, 08:01:23 AM

This is the one.  At that point, people seemed to be going outside, so Cross went with them, carrying Keaton.  It's actually a bit hard to miss, now I re-read it, but from that point on, I've assumed that he's been sitting outside the ship:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3949.msg205092.html#msg205092

Oh, I see! Well, actually, from what Keaton and I understood, she was simply leading people out of the engine room and into the rest of the ship. Ehrm. So far, we didn't think -anyone- was outside yet.

And I'm glad to see there's still interest. I'm going to see if I can't kick-start the RP and get things moving over the next few days.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 02, 2008, 10:40:48 AM
Oh, I see! Well, actually, from what Keaton and I understood, she was simply leading people out of the engine room and into the rest of the ship. Ehrm. So far, we didn't think -anyone- was outside yet.
Ah, my bad.  It seemed the obvious thing to do, since they would need to take stock of the exterior for damage report purposes.
We can assume that Cross is still inside, it doesn't cause any major consistency faults.

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, I was about to have Witt head outside with Paige, when Paladin went AFK again.

And then I've been AFK, so I left Witt somewhere "near the rest of you lot", with the intention of picking up when I came back.

So, yeah. Happy to go outside for a look-see; in fact, I understood Pal was happy for Paige to do so. Sadly, AFKness took over...

Perhaps resolved soon?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Back from my stay and all full of postiness  >:3 Sorry for the break guys!

e_voyager

welcome back (plays the theme from welcome back carter) i'm sure everyone is glad to see you back pal
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

A small post. Let's see if we can't get the ball rolling again.

As locations seemed to be somewhat ambiguous, I took the liberty of putting people in the cockpit.

e_voyager

i'm in agreement with penny but then i don't want to be thrown out of the ship. blind instinct for survival might get in the way.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

@Tapewolf

... does that mean he's going to trip over prickles on his way out? Or did Witt make it into the control room?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2008, 05:55:05 AM
... does that mean he's going to trip over prickles on his way out? Or did Witt make it into the control room?

IIRC Cog moved mostly people into the cockpit by default.  Where Witt is right now is up to you.  Whether Cross trips over him depends on how well his mind is shielded.  If he's completely hidden it, then yes.

Cogidubnus

Hooray! Tapewolf posted!

Now things can continue onwards.  :> Expect a post this evening.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 16, 2008, 08:15:14 AM
Hooray! Tapewolf posted!
If you want the gory details, the main problem was that your post made anything I could say a little superfluous, so I decided to sleep on it and promptly forgot about the whole thing...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 16, 2008, 07:06:21 AM
IIRC Cog moved mostly people into the cockpit by default.  Where Witt is right now is up to you.  Whether Cross trips over him depends on how well his mind is shielded.  If he's completely hidden it, then yes.

... Since Witt is, by default, Being type material, hiding his mind is a bit tricky. The thought I had in mind was not a literal trip, but "oh, hey, here's a handy target. You'll do. GTFO there and have a look" type thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2008, 08:47:52 AM
... Since Witt is, by default, Being type material, hiding his mind is a bit tricky. The thought I had in mind was not a literal trip, but "oh, hey, here's a handy target. You'll do. GTFO there and have a look" type thing.

Ah, I assumed you were referring to the fact that the corridor was dark.  But yes, we'll have to draw lots or something to decide who Cross finds.  Unless we have a volunteer...

e_voyager

i'm not too found on volunteering because it's feel like hey pick on the mythos. he's undead so he won't care if he dies again.

Tapewolf

If for no other reason than because I was the last poster, I think the victim will have to make the post where Cross grabs them - or fails to, as the case may be.

Tapewolf

Okay, I've been through the OOC and I'm still not sure - who's the musk-rat guy?

llearch n'n'daCorna

There Is No Musk-Rat. There Is Only You. ;-]

Slightly more seriously, I believe Coggeh might have meant Fal'taq...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2008, 07:32:08 AM
There Is No Musk-Rat. There Is Only You. ;-]

Slightly more seriously, I believe Coggeh might have meant Fal'taq...

That's the one, yes.

e_voyager

ah yes the mole with the magic and an ego the could comfortably fill and auditorium. Spotted kitty it would seem that you are up.

SpottedKitty

I don't think Fal'taq appreciates the way you've underestimated his magnificence. And I'm sure Cross stepped on his toes entirely by accident... possibly he'd meant to kick his shins in passing...?   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.