08/10/07 [#805] Angry Fae

Started by AndersW, August 10, 2007, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Quote from: starcat5 on August 10, 2007, 07:01:18 PM
I have just spent the last 10 hours in a "Deer in headlights" coma. Visions of worst case scenarios keep running through my mind. Mostly involving Deebs and her as yet unnamed electronic sister on the run, at least one of the cast seriously wounded and possibly MIA, and Jyrras stuck in a dank dark dungeon awaiting trial for the unethical creation of sentient life and the stockpiling of WMDs.

Despair, misery, regret. Big time.  :cry

Aw, don't be scared. I'm sure Jy will be okay.   :hug I wouldn't be surprised if Mabby saves him, or if, for the sake of humor, he just meets three people named Despair, Misery, and Regret. He'll be okay.

I hope...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

CameronCN

Dang, Albanion is scary. In fact, I think he's probably the scariest character in the cast. Wait. Except for-  :erk
Um... EVERYONE in the cast is scary! Alexsi and Wildy are scary obviously, Dan and Abel would stick you full of sharp things in a second if you annoyed them, Lorenda can eat you, and Jyrras spends his time making freaky mad-science things. And Mab makes cookies. The only harmless character is Photophie, and who knows what she does when you arent looking...  :U

Netrogo

Quote from: CameronCN on August 10, 2007, 08:08:15 PM
The only harmless character is Photophie, and who knows what she does when you arent looking...  :U

She fills your underwear drawer with itching powder :mwaha
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

But neverless...Fae are batcrap insane

Naldru

Quote from: Xeksue on August 10, 2007, 02:54:13 PM
I doubt this is some kind of elaborate joke on Al's part, this is the same guy that supposively annihilated an entire race of mythos over something called a yo-yo.  :rolleyes
Actually it doesn't say that Abanion destroyed the race of Mythos.  It says that Albanion caused the destruction of the race of Mythos.  Perhaps Albanion supplied the yo-yo and the Mythos race destroyed themselves debating who created the device.  That may sound weird, but what doesn't sound weird in the world of DMFA.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on August 10, 2007, 07:01:18 PM
Visions of worst case scenarios keep running through my mind. Mostly involving Deebs and her as yet unnamed electronic sister on the run, at least one of the cast seriously wounded and possibly MIA, and Jyrras stuck in a dank dark dungeon awaiting trial for the unethical creation of sentient life and the stockpiling of WMDs.
If this was Abel's Story, I'd be inclined to agree.

However - don't forget that Mab is Fae too.  Mab can prevent Nutmeg from getting the soul she wants so badly if Albanion steps out of line.  There's also Azlan - he might have something to say about Jyrras getting mistreated.  And Jy's mother is one of the top lawyers in all Furrae.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on August 10, 2007, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 04:07:27 PMOne is that 'Cubi seem to have one clanmark - it's not clear to me if Al has branded both wrists or just one.

Unless one is just a tattoo.

Anyways, we only see the mark on the left wrist.  It looked as if it had spread through the entire body and then shrank back to that one spot.  The other wrist has magic sparkles around it, but no black at all.

maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but...

There's a clear marking on his left wrist in panel 4, and a clear marking on the right wrist in panel 5.  One on each wrist where Albanion held on to Jyrras.  I can't amke out any amrkings appearing anywhere else on his body. (Maybe we would if he wasn't wearing any clothes... that would certainly make Masked retriever happy :3 )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Caswin

Dang, Albanion is scary. In fact, I think he's probably the scariest character in the cast. Wait. Except for-  :erk
Um... EVERYONE in the cast is scary! Alexsi and Wildy are scary obviously, Dan and Abel would stick you full of sharp things in a second if you annoyed them, Lorenda can eat you, and Jyrras spends his time making freaky mad-science things. And Mab makes cookies. The only harmless character is Photophie, and who knows what she does when you arent looking...  :U
Well, I think that's exaggerating on Dan and Abel.  Alexsi is mainly scary when she's angry, and that's usually for a good reason.  Lorenda can eat you, doesn't mean she will.  Etc.

But your point stands - Wildy, Kria, Dark Pegasus, almost every 'cubi character other than Dan or maybe Abel... yeah, DMFA has a lot of people I'd rather not meet in a dark alley.  Or anywhere other than on the other side of a Hannibal Lecter-style cell with appropriate enchantments, for that matter.  Maybe.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Turnsky

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 10, 2007, 10:41:20 PM
Quote from: superluser on August 10, 2007, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 04:07:27 PMOne is that 'Cubi seem to have one clanmark - it's not clear to me if Al has branded both wrists or just one.

Unless one is just a tattoo.

Anyways, we only see the mark on the left wrist.  It looked as if it had spread through the entire body and then shrank back to that one spot.  The other wrist has magic sparkles around it, but no black at all.

maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but...

There's a clear marking on his left wrist in panel 4, and a clear marking on the right wrist in panel 5.  One on each wrist where Albanion held on to Jyrras.  I can't amke out any amrkings appearing anywhere else on his body. (Maybe we would if he wasn't wearing any clothes... that would certainly make Masked retriever happy :3 )

there's plenty of plausibility in the theory, i don't see any actual marking per se on Jy's wrist in panel five, just residual sparklies, and Amber's subtle shading style. the actual pain is in Jy's left wrist, where the marking would be. Either theories have merit, and all things considered, Fae are capable of anything, and given that Jy's in their realm, they might be even moreso capable of anything they put their minds to. Still, it was an oddball theory, it could be a way for Amber to expedite her trip to "mun hell" by tormenting Jyrras in such a method.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

oh dear gods...

Please tell me you guys aren't actually thinking Albanion turned Jyrras into a Cubi is an actual plausable speculation? D:

That makes even my piddly walnut brain hurt. :<

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 10, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
oh dear gods...

Please tell me you guys aren't actually thinking Albanion turned Jyrras into a Cubi is an actual plausable speculation? D:

just musing with the thought, mainly for giggle value.  :3

Azlan

oh dear gods...

Cubification makes my brain hurt... let alone this speculation.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Yes, let us not go there again.

Kibin

I think it's going to do absolutely nothing, and he was just being overly dramatic for no reason. Maybe he'll have the horrible experience OF HAVING TO WASH OFF PERMANENT MARKER FROM FUR! MUUWAAHAAHAAAAAAAA!

kaskar

:mowmeep
Quote from: Netrogo on August 10, 2007, 08:19:58 PM
The only harmless character is Photophie, and who knows what she does when you arent looking...  :U

She fills your underwear drawer with itching powder :mwaha

8) Remember how Photophie " introduced " Wildy to the Cubi in S.A.I.A ?  What evil plan could she do now ?

8) Just Hanging Around ...

bilbo-sama

Quote from: kaskar on August 11, 2007, 12:21:14 AM
oh dear gods...

8) Who would want to do that in the land of the insane Fae ?

Even more insane 14-year-old fangirls? :O

Turnsky

Quote from: Azlan on August 10, 2007, 11:48:03 PM
oh dear gods...

Cubification makes my brain hurt... let alone this speculation.

verily, i did say beforehand that it was an oddball idea, the overall implausibility of it in any case, made me laugh. really i just put it forward like the proverbial Skeet, just to see it get shot down and fall to the earth in little pieces.  :P

sorry about injuring your thinkmeats, Amber, i was kinda hoping you'd get a kick out of the whole, ridiculous idea. Still, what's a forum without strange, ideas that come out of left field, grabbing people's attention, putting that seed into their minds, and when you finally reveal that twist, their reactions make it all the more worthwhile..  >:3

Attic Rat

Since Jyrras's life is normally filled with despair, misery, and regret... The marks should vanish immediately!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

nikename2

If anything he'd probably make him a fae before making him a cubi in a vain attempt to make Jy understand the torment of not getting a hug, which to him would probably be bliss.  :U

kaskar

:mowmeep Hey ! When did we get the results of "And when do you think Jyrras's mind snap ?"
   Yes, this !    ( What horrors await Jyrras even now ? ) Let's get Jyrras to jump through a few more hoops ...

Turnsky

Quote from: Xeksue on August 11, 2007, 01:04:12 AM
If anything he'd probably make him a fae before making him a cubi in a vain attempt to make Jy understand the torment of not getting a hug, which to him would probably be bliss.  :U
that's also an idea, on equal terms with mine, though.  >:3

it could be nothing, or it could be something that ends up with the last panel featuring Amber and Fluffy in grass skirts doing the "plot twist" dance.  :P

i'm pretty sure that whatever happens to Jyrras, will be completely different than what i could theorize. I have no wish to read Amber's mind... it's a weird mix of DMFA and the Beatles "Yellow submarine" in there.   :P

kaskar

8) When did Jyrras's mind snap, we were asked ... Maybe that was a trick question. For all the insanity going on around him, maybe Jyrras was the one that remained sane ...

Zedd

Oh being cubi isnt so bad...Only one problem is most people in the world would wish you was dead or your head inpailed onto a stick :P

e_voyager

i don't think they have the tech to literally change species past a few cosmetics. as for magical spells. well if a spell can be made and cast then it can be broken and if they do have species although spelling i seriously doubt that they can be cast on the spur of the moment in a feat of anger.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

kaskar

8) What's this about being cubi ?
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 10, 2007, 07:57:21 PM
your assuming Al set something into motion, which is unlikely concidering all he did was give jyrras  tattoos... if he gives Jy a sissy girl marking then he might have some trouble.

:mowtongue But sooo cute .....

Reese Tora

Quote from: e_voyager on August 11, 2007, 04:04:56 AM
i don't think they have the tech to literally change species past a few cosmetics. as for magical spells. well if a spell can be made and cast then it can be broken and if they do have species although spelling i seriously doubt that they can be cast on the spur of the moment in a feat of anger.

That's under the assumption that it's an effecty that is ongoing as an illusuion, or a spell holding the form.  A strong transformation spell may cause alterations that don't need an ongoing magical effect to maintain them, for all we know.

Curses, on the other hand, almost by definition, should need magic to sustain them, since they're an active reversal of fortune (unless they're Granny Weatherwax's curses :B )

I guess we'll just have to wait until Amber starts another donation counter so we can get a guide to magic like we have to cubi powers and fasion. :3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Turnsky

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 11, 2007, 04:49:53 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on August 11, 2007, 04:04:56 AM

That's under the assumption that it's an effecty that is ongoing as an illusuion, or a spell holding the form.  A strong transformation spell may cause alterations that don't need an ongoing magical effect to maintain them, for all we know.

Curses, on the other hand, almost by definition, should need magic to sustain them, since they're an active reversal of fortune (unless they're Granny Weatherwax's curses :B )

I guess we'll just have to wait until Amber starts another donation counter so we can get a guide to magic like we have to cubi powers and fasion. :3

Very true, although under most guidelines, one can use magic to permanently Alter one's appearance by manipulating that individual's body in one fashion or another, a tad more gruesome than other methods, although, and more complicated.
As a curse, it could do any of the aforementioned, nothing at all, or something far more dark than what we usually give amber credit for..  :U

Tapewolf

oh dear gods...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AM
(I can almost hear Amber laughing her head off at how wrong our theory is...)

You've got to admit it would have been one heck of a weird plot twist  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

indeed it would have been which is why i'm glad my ALU is less then strict with probability.

Quotedon't apply logic to my actions it just screws me up. BNG mega man
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

kaskar

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2007, 05:14:40 AM
oh dear gods...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AM
(I can almost hear Amber laughing her head off at how wrong our theory is...)

You've got to admit it would have been one heck of a weird plot twist  >:3

8) Don't think they make cute  cubi ... And look what happened when he tried a patch ...