08/10/07 [#805] Angry Fae

Started by AndersW, August 10, 2007, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaskedRetriever

I'm suspecting one of two things will happen:

1) Albanion's curse triggers in the next few strips, and Jyrras goes "What-- that's ALL?!?!"  Albanion has a good snicker at his expense.

2) Mabby does a Sleeping-Beauty-Style mollification spell to the effect of "This will be a dark hour for you, but it will end with great joy for you as well"

Either way Albanion's still in the doghouse for bein' mean to my Jy-fluff.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 10:55:40 AM
but yeah, wings on a Jyrras. it'd be interesting to see nonetheless.
Well, there's the wing patch episodes :P

If he does grow backwings, Wildy's gonna be really jealous.  A cubified Jyrras would completely weird out the nascent friendship with Abel, but it would make things easier with the Lorenda deal.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 11:02:40 AM
but yeah, wings on a Jyrras. it'd be interesting to see nonetheless.
Well, there's the wing patch episodes :P

If he does grow backwings, Wildy's gonna be really jealous.  A cubified Jyrras would completely weird out the nascent friendship with Abel, but it would make things easier with the Lorenda deal.

Very true, in any case, he'd prolly be the shortest incubi ever.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Angel

:disbelief ....That was scary! I think you made some children cry! I didn't even laugh at the punchline, I was so freaked out!  :(  Poor Jyrras... I hope for his sake Albanion wasn't too serious.

That being said, the art in this comic was amazing. This comic gets my vote for Scariest as well as Most Impressively Drawn.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sunblink

Am I the only one who found that scene absolutely-freakin'-awesome? Of course, I'm really uncertain about whether or not I have any speculation to offer, but regardless I fawn over the flame and magic effects and the SHEER AWESOME that is Albanion. Somehow I can't bring myself to be mad at him for the fickleness of his grudge, but that'll probably come later, after I'm done riding the happy-high.

...wait, almost there...

...I feel it coming on...

...nope. False alarm. I'm still not mad at him.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 10, 2007, 12:04:28 PM
Am I the only one who found that scene absolutely-freakin'-awesome?
No.  It was awesome.  Horrible, yet probably one of the best strips I've seen in the comic.  Even the one where May goes ballistic on the headmistress looks slightly pale compared to this one.

'Course I'm one of those who reads DMFA for the drama :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AM
(I can almost hear Amber laughing her head off at how wrong our theory is...)

i'd be freaked at hearing amber laugh... (she's practically a world away from here)

There's the teamspeak, or skype. That'd do for hearing her laugh. ;-]

... 'course, getting her onto either is an uphill battle, but the theory is there...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Flare Husky

Why is it always the cute ones cursed T_T.  Well at least Abel is ok for now.  I should hope Mab will do something about it and Jy won't try and hide it from her.

Psychogirl

Holy fishsticks! Jy got cursed already?  :erk
I was thinking something would happen to him sooner or later.

Azlan

This bodes of ill tidings in the future, but this may not be what it seems... things never are here. 

Al is such a fun guy, cookies!  :mowcookie
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

KarlOmega1

All that for refusing to hug another fae? Remind me never to refuse to hug one...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

bilbo-sama

Watch as the curse protects him from getting hit by another curse a la Dragon Quest VIII....or it randomly turns him into a genie!   :3

I'm also adding a vote to the 'Like woah this comic was TEH CREEPY' brigade.  :U

terrycloth

The way it's described, it sounds like a GURPS curse. Jyrass'll be at a -1 to -3 penalty to all rolls until he would have accomplished something wonderful despite it, but then he'll FAIL MISERABLY anyway as the curse takes effect.

That or, yeah, it's a prediction and not a curse per se -- 'Wear these marks until you understand how horrible you made my wife feel'.

Alondro

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on August 10, 2007, 01:41:20 PM
All that for refusing to hug another fae? Remind me never to refuse to hug one...

*Charles bah!*  I refuse to hug Mab!  Or Alzan!  Or Albanion!  And now I especially refuse to hug Nutmeg, cuz her husband's a jerk!  *looks at all the forumites quickly scattering away from him*  Oh come on.  How bad can it be?

*Charline waltzes over*  Guess what!  I'm pregnant... and you're the father!

*Charles*  :erk  Oh... that bad.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bilbo-sama

AndersW

What is it about powerful homicidal creatures and baked goods?

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AMOne thing which is missing for him to be a 'Cubi is wings.  However, it's an interesting point that this has happened so soon after Lorenda unexpectedly had a pair of wings bursting from her back.

Well, he's only 21.  He shouldn't have his wings, yet.  And, of course, there are multiple ways of making `cubi.

Doesn't make the theory any more right.

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 09:19:37 AMOr it might be a sick joke on Albanion's part, and with the exception of that nifty mark, all he's done with Jyrras, is really mess with his head. That way, there's actually no curse to be had, save for a curse of worrying about a curse.  >:3

I see you remember that episode of M*A*S*H, too.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aleolus

Quote from: Snap on August 10, 2007, 01:23:59 AM
Haha, wait what?... Albanion and Nutmeg want to ask Mab to give them one of her parents souls to get a child, and their idea of this is to have her friends come to fae kingdom, and then curse one of them? Also hurting the feelings by not  :hug apparently weighs more than repeated back- :kruger with various weapons  :B
Well, since Albanion obviously seems to have his priorities straight turned upside down, clearly now the best course of action is to carefully plan ahead ... and then do the exact opposite!  :mwaha   
... Or maybe he will expect that? :mowdizzy

And to think that jy could be at his lab making things go boom this very instant  :)

But remember, Fae are immortal, until the decide to die.  Thus, stabbing people in the back with various weapons is more an expression of anger than anything more serious.  However, hugging is a sacred rite for the fae, and as such, denying a fae a hug is a serious offense, especially if the fae in question is Queen!  Frankly, Jyrras is lucky that this is all that he's going to go through.

As to what the marks are, possibly he's cursed Jyrras so that he cannot use/make the technology that he so loves!  This could be accomplished by searing pain whenever he handles it, or his hands simply refusing to touch it.  Possibility, anyone?

Kenji

Alright! Go Jyrras, you just gained some manly appearance for once in your life!
What?
Most nerdy lil scientists don't get tattoos.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 10, 2007, 02:39:25 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AMOne thing which is missing for him to be a 'Cubi is wings.  However, it's an interesting point that this has happened so soon after Lorenda unexpectedly had a pair of wings bursting from her back.

Well, he's only 21.  He shouldn't have his wings, yet.
Yes he should, Dan had them from birth.  You're probably thinking of headwings.  :3

nikename2

Hmm it looked like he only got one hand, but now that I'm awake I can see he got both.

I doubt this is some kind of elaborate joke on Al's part, this is the same guy that supposively annihilated an entire race of mythos over something called a yo-yo.  :rolleyes

bilbo-sama

Perhaps the yo-yo in question was created by Nutmeg and some Mythos were trying to claim that they made it? :O

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 02:51:31 PM
QuoteWell, he's only 21.  He shouldn't have his wings, yet.
Yes he should, Dan had them from birth.  You're probably thinking of headwings.  :3

Kids, don't post while sleep-deprived.

Sorry, yes.  He should have wings.  I could actually think of a few counterarguments, but they're all pretty dumb, so I'm just gonna go back to doing what I was doing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 10, 2007, 04:02:02 PM
Sorry, yes.  He should have wings.  I could actually think of a few counterarguments, but they're all pretty dumb, so I'm just gonna go back to doing what I was doing.

One is that 'Cubi seem to have one clanmark - it's not clear to me if Al has branded both wrists or just one.  If both, that kind of nixes the theory.  However there is a school of thought that the 'Cubi are a synthetic race - and if it was the Fae who created them, it's not unreasonable for them to be able to 'Cubify people.

Alondro

He's probably cursed him so that all the machines he touches will result in the creation of life...

Heh, too late!  ;D
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Quote from: AndersW on August 10, 2007, 02:27:36 PM
What is it about powerful homicidal creatures and baked goods?

Perhaps it is a disorder... maybe it should be named RJ Syndrome or something.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Starcat5

I have just spent the last 10 hours in a "Deer in headlights" coma. Visions of worst case scenarios keep running through my mind. Mostly involving Deebs and her as yet unnamed electronic sister on the run, at least one of the cast seriously wounded and possibly MIA, and Jyrras stuck in a dank dark dungeon awaiting trial for the unethical creation of sentient life and the stockpiling of WMDs.

Despair, misery, regret. Big time.  :cry
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

GabrielsThoughts

Quoteone day you shall know despair. You shall know misery. you shall know regret.

um, Al, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but everyone experiences that, so your curse is kinda, you know redundant.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 04:07:27 PMOne is that 'Cubi seem to have one clanmark - it's not clear to me if Al has branded both wrists or just one.

Unless one is just a tattoo.

Anyways, we only see the mark on the left wrist.  It looked as if it had spread through the entire body and then shrank back to that one spot.  The other wrist has magic sparkles around it, but no black at all.

GabrielsThoughts

your assuming Al set something into motion, which is unlikely concidering all he did was give jyrras  tattoos... if he gives Jy a sissy girl marking then he might have some trouble.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.