08/10/07 [#805] Angry Fae

Started by AndersW, August 10, 2007, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

hmm, well...

Who here thinks that Albanion has cursed Jyrras with immortality?

Now he will have to suffer the fate of all immortals, to suffer lonliness as he outlives his family, friends... especially his best friend, Dan, who happens... also... to be immortal? whups? I guess these curse things just aren't what it used to be. :P

On another note entierly, I can see that there's something there on each of Jyrras's wrists, but I can't make out what it is.  I hope that the marks will be shown larger and more clearly for the likes of us what are old fogies with bad eyesight. (From staring at computer monitors from less than three feet away all day, don'cha'know. ;) )

From what I can make out, it looks like a stylistic shackle design on weach wrist.  I have a feeling that he's going to bring wrist bands back in style once(if) he gets back to the relatively mundane realms of furrae.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Quote from: PegasusJF on August 10, 2007, 02:27:00 AM
grr!

Must...not...think...of...ways...for...Pegasus...to...kick...his...ass.

Imagine Kratos doing it.  When it comes to smackdowns, it's hard to top the God of War's handiwork.

Illusionist

Quote from: je.saist on August 10, 2007, 01:26:38 AM
that... has got to be the creepiest comic in the main story line... (so far)

QFT.

Turnsky

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 10, 2007, 04:18:57 AM
hmm, well...

well that's a thought, although half his friends have pretty lengthy life expectancy, Mab included.   just a thought, i know there's a set number of Fae about, but can Fae, /make/ Fae from beings and other assorted mortals?  i guess with a race as magical as the Fae in their own right, anything might be possible.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anri

First exile for refusing to defloof, now threats of suffering over failure to hugs. And who know what will happen now that he's refused a tasty cookie! D:

kaskar

hmm, well...

Now he will have to suffer the fate of all immortals, to suffer lonliness as he outlives his family, friends... especially his best friend, Dan, who happens... also... to be immortal? whups? I guess these curse things just aren't what it used to be. :P

On another note entierly, I can see that there's something there on each of Jyrras's wrists, but I can't make out what it is.  I hope that the marks will be shown larger and more clearly for the likes of us what are old fogies with bad eyesight. (From staring at computer monitors from less than three feet away all day, don'cha'know. ;) )

From what I can make out, it looks like a stylistic shackle design on weach wrist.  I have a feeling that he's going to bring wrist bands back in style once(if) he gets back to the relatively mundane realms of furrae.

8) Or was that Fae power going in like fairy dust, while Abbie was forcibly restraining Jyrras ? All depends if Jy ends up crippled , or having hands and arms of real creativity ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

hmm, well...

And Abel.  Jyrras is certainly friends with him, whether the converse is true, we don't know for sure.

What would be really cool is if Albanion forbade him to die in such a way as to make him invulnerable, like Nutmeg.  He could then end up testing the weapons on himself, spending centuries of research trying in vain to find a way to kill himself...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Wouldn't Jyrras feel misery, despair, and regret simply from the idea of being cursed?  Notice that Albanion says that Jyrras will have these emotions one day.  Is that one day in the future or a duration of one day.  If somebody never felt the emotions of misery, despair, and regret, wouldn't that be unusual.  Also, notice that Albanion doesn't say whether Jyrras will suffer.

In addition, isn't Jyrras already suffering from misery, despair, and regret over his situation with Lorenda?

Amber does like to mess with our heads.  Not saying that this is the case, but the hypothesis may be worthy of examination.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 05:54:16 AM
hmm, well...

And Abel.  Jyrras is certainly friends with him, whether the converse is true, we don't know for sure.

What would be really cool is if Albanion forbade him to die in such a way as to make him invulnerable, like Nutmeg.  He could then end up testing the weapons on himself, spending centuries of research trying in vain to find a way to kill himself...

i just figured out a worse curse.. (eheh) He can be considered "Bishie", after all. I think most folks would guess what i'd be suggesting..  :P

kaskar

8)
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 06:35:36 AM
i just figured out a worse curse.. (eheh) He can be considered "Bishie", after all. I think most folks would guess what i'd be suggesting..  :P

8) Yep, when Jyrras tries to relax, It seems that the 'cute' syndrome comes in ...

Goatmon

Quote from: Manawolf on August 10, 2007, 04:34:06 AM
Quote from: PegasusJF on August 10, 2007, 02:27:00 AM
grr!

Must...not...think...of...ways...for...Pegasus...to...kick...his...ass.

Imagine Kratos doing it.  When it comes to smackdowns, it's hard to top the God of War's handiwork.

Mmmmmmm visions of GoW II are coming back to me.  I wish I didn't have to return the game for the money.  :[

Turnsky

Quote from: kaskar on August 10, 2007, 06:45:48 AM
   8)
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 06:35:36 AM

8) Yep, when Jyrras tries to relax, It seems that the 'cute' syndrome comes in ...

yes, and what does that attract?  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 07:15:55 AM
Nirfy.

*EDIT*
(Specifically: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_561.php )

kaskar

8)
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 07:21:17 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 07:15:55 AM
Nirfy.

*EDIT*
(Specifically: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_561.php )

8) Poor Jyrras ... 

Sid

Another vote for the OMG CREEPIEST MAIN STORY COMIC EVAR pool.

And I kinda doubt the immortality/invulnerability theories. Not sure just what it is exactly, but I doubt that Jyrras suddenly joined the rank of those who'll be around in the next century (even though it would suddenly make him much more relationship-compatible to Dan, Abel, Kria and likely Lorenda ;)).
:boogie

Shadowcatcher

Seems to me that the fae are a little too comfortable with their position as the uber-dominent form of life on Furrae.  Being one that absolutely dispises powergamers, which is what it seems like they all are (does that make them Twinks?), I hope that Jyrras is able to find a way to break this curse, and put the fae down a few pegs.  Maybe knocking them downto the lowly status of beings would give them all a new look on existance.

Shadowcatcher

I don't know, but who does he think he is just going out and cursing another individual like that?  He's shown himself to be no better then despots like Morgoth.

Shadowcatcher

Well, Fae may be indestructable, but it was shown that they can choose to die to be reborn as a new individual.  Let's all encourage Jyras to make device that triggers that power on fae without their consent.  Turn most of them into babbling newborns.  Maybe with some proper guidance the lot of them won't grow up to be twinks like this.  That's the only true weakness I can think of that the fae might have at this point.  I'd love to see Albanion be the first test subject.  Put him in th emachine and keep it on rapid-auto-reset.

Madmann135

Well... we now know one thing.  
It's not all Fae that cause distruction in the kitchen, just Mab.

On a more serous note.
The 'curse' is probably one of those 24 hour things considering Jyrras's life at the moment.  By what Albiaon said the 'curse' is more like a warning of what's to come and the marking's a visual reminder.

in Jyrras's case immortality would not be much of a curse because he would still have his friends to help him out.  Dan is going through a similar phase at the moment and as the saying goes, "mysery loves company."

Just realised something intresting.
For a non adventurer Jyrras has faced as much danger as any adventurer.  He's been attacked by Fae, by Demon, by cubi, by a "screaming banshe hord," he has had a Gryphon ask him out on a date, he regurarly sees Pip and Wildy, he jumped off a cliff.

All and all he has survived those attacks and the random anctics of Dan, he has not only survived said events (and more) he's grown from them.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 01:30:20 AM
i wonder what this bodes for Jy in the meantime, and what the actual curse does..

Is it a curse, or a prediction? By what Albanion said, my money is on fortune-telling...

Quote from: Xeksue on August 10, 2007, 01:35:57 AM
No he should just cut off that hand and put a hook on it. Then he can be a pirate. [/wishful thinking]  :D

It's on both wrists, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2007, 09:11:02 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 01:30:20 AM
i wonder what this bodes for Jy in the meantime, and what the actual curse does..

Is it a curse, or a prediction? By what Albanion said, my money is on fortune-telling...

well, true enough, mind you, everybody feels misery, despair and regret at some stage of their life, Jy's been more prone to it in the past, so it's a no-brainer that it might happen again.

Or it might be a sick joke on Albanion's part, and with the exception of that nifty mark, all he's done with Jyrras, is really mess with his head. That way, there's actually no curse to be had, save for a curse of worrying about a curse.  >:3

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 09:19:37 AM
Or it might be a sick joke on Albanion's part, and with the exception of that nifty mark, all he's done with Jyrras, is really mess with his head. That way, there's actually no curse to be had, save for a curse of worrying about a curse.  >:3

True enough, but he caused Jyrras pain.  THAT is unforgivable, who cares about Nutmeg?  8)

Turnsky

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on August 10, 2007, 09:32:03 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 09:19:37 AM

True enough, but he caused Jyrras pain.  THAT is unforgivable, who cares about Nutmeg?  8)

Jyrras does tend to self inflict emotional pain on himself given past history.

Caswin

Hm... creepiness... well, this is actually pretty darned similar to, oh, his run-in with Kria.  Don't tell me that didn't qualify as "creepy".

I'm sure there are more, what with all the mass-murdering/torturing/(erm)/etc. 'cubi, demons and so forth in the cast, even if most of it goes on off-screen.

Yep.  He's scary, alright.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

*Charles wows!*  Albanion gave him a Curse Seal!  That means he can unlock it to level 2 and get more jutsu powers!  Alas, it will bring regret, as no recipient of a Curse Seal ever has a happy or peaceful end.   :|

Ha!  Beat RJ to the obvious Naruto reference!  I R ULTIMATE FAN!!!   :mwaha

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AnizInDisguise

Is it just me or does anyone else think the last part isn't really funny considering what just happened?

Turnsky

Okay, after a bit of IM discussion with Tapewolf, i came up with the oddball idea that perhaps the curse was one of a 'cubi.. it kinda fits in what what Albanion mentioned, 'cuz Abel did mention that most 'cubi hit that kind of emotional slump, and the mark Does look like a clan marking..

Kaerou

I wouldnt consider this strip to be the creepiest by a long shot.  I think that finding out that Dan/Alexi's mother and Wildy's sister are plotting genocide to take that by a long shot.

Still, its pretty much a nasty comic to be sure, due to the pointless nature of the cruelty.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kaerou on August 10, 2007, 10:44:54 AM
I wouldnt consider this strip to be the creepiest by a long shot.  I think that finding out that Dan/Alexi's mother and Wildy's sister are plotting genocide to take that by a long shot.
Yeah, that was pretty horrifying.  This one is a bit more graphic in its layout though.

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on August 10, 2007, 10:34:03 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the last part isn't really funny considering what just happened?
Yes.

Quote from: Turnsky on August 10, 2007, 10:34:50 AM
Okay, after a bit of IM discussion with Tapewolf, i came up with the oddball idea that perhaps the curse was one of a 'cubi.. it kinda fits in what what Albanion mentioned, 'cuz Abel did mention that most 'cubi hit that kind of emotional slump, and the mark Does look like a clan marking..

One thing which is missing for him to be a 'Cubi is wings.  However, it's an interesting point that this has happened so soon after Lorenda unexpectedly had a pair of wings bursting from her back.   :erk

(I can almost hear Amber laughing her head off at how wrong our theory is...)

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2007, 10:50:00 AM

(I can almost hear Amber laughing her head off at how wrong our theory is...)

i'd be freaked at hearing amber laugh... (she's practically a world away from here)

but yeah, wings on a Jyrras. it'd be interesting to see nonetheless.