2007-07-02 DMFA Vacation

Started by Meech, July 01, 2007, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

1) When did she agree to that?

2) Amber is never going to have a buffer. Last I had talked to her, she purposefully avoided buffers at all cost... mostly because it takes her eight hours to do a single comic, and trying to build up a buffer of those leads to her having no life at all.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Actually, I was thinking about this. If she falls back to a mon/wed/fri/sat cycle, and drops the Thursday updates completely, she could use Thursday (or Wednesday, whatever time she'd use to do Thursday's update) to put in a single comic into the buffer.

Over a month, she'd have a week's buffer, no problems. And having a one day buffer would give her that much less stress about being on-time and all.

This would result in less comics for a while, but, honestly, she's been -so- regular, and -so- predictable (as far as comic time, not content, goes) I figure she's due some break time. And I don't think anyone would be -too- upset if she fell back to M/W/F after Abel's Story finishes, which would give her another chance to build some buffer.

Except her, of course. :-]

... all this presumes that she'd be happy with such a suggestion, and, on the whole, I think I've got more chance of persuading the Mississippi to flow backwards than I do of persuading Amber to change her work habits this much. So I don't think anyone should hold their breath. ;-]

Maybe if I bribe Tailsteak.... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Eh, somehow I think if Mab had it so she didn't have to update less, that would only result in her spending less time on the comic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

Knowing my sister, she'll invariably go for the lazy 99 times out of 100...

Although, having said that, I'm sure she'll now see it as a challenge to actually be productiev.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 08, 2007, 06:20:39 PM
...drops the Thursday updates completely...

We were getting Thursday updates?

funny, the comics didn't seem to have any significant time-gaps...

kaskar

8)  Anyway,  have a fun Holiday if you read this. Everyone needs to recharge their batteries sometime ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on July 09, 2007, 01:24:17 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 08, 2007, 06:20:39 PM
...drops the Thursday updates completely...

We were getting Thursday updates?

For a while, now, she's been doing things like Cubi Information, or the Fashion things, on Thursdays. She's mentioned in rants that she doesn't seem able to keep up with daily-barring-Sunday, but if she drops Tuesday, she's reasonably ok.

Bear in mind I'm not looking to put pressure on her here - rather, I'm looking at ways of reducing it, so that she can focus on the art - after all, I can't do art, so why should she be expected to code webpages for the updates? Seems fair enough to me to get someone who does things well, and enjoys those things, to focus on just that. *shrug*

kaskar

8) Hope Amber is having fun.

Darkmoon

kaskar

8) It's a change, I suppose ...

Damaris

1) Kaskar, write your post, then post it.  Don't post something empty and then add it in later.  That's not how forums work. 

2) Amber Update:  She's at our house safe and sound, with no driving issues to report.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gornemant

Quote from: Damaris on July 10, 2007, 08:10:50 PM
2) Amber Update:  She's at our house safe and sound, with no driving issues to report.
But then something horrible happened.... all the chocolate ended up in melted goo because of the heat, the horror  'A' D:

Damaris

Yes, we were told of the horrible news :(  Tragic, it is.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

nikename2

Is it too late for smores?  :<

Gornemant

you can still eat it, even if it does look like poop it doesn't taste like it  :U

superluser

Quote from: Gornemant on July 10, 2007, 11:20:05 PMyou can still eat it, even if it does look like poop it doesn't taste like it  :U

Jason Lee: Say, would you like a chocolate-covered pretzel?  They're a bit melty, but man are they tempting!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charline enters, looking sooo sad...*  I'm afraid Charles didn't make it back.  He simply vanished without a trace.  No sign of him anywhere.

*muffled voice from within Charline*  Help me!  I'm still alive!

*Charline acks!*  Uhm... not hearing anything... la la la... bye now!  *zooms!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

kaskar

8)  Hope Amber is still having fun relaxing on vacation ...   

Turnsky

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 08, 2007, 04:54:00 PM

2) Amber is never going to have a buffer. Last I had talked to her, she purposefully avoided buffers at all cost... mostly because it takes her eight hours to do a single comic, and trying to build up a buffer of those leads to her having no life at all.

just ask any comicgenner about a buffer and they'll say "what's that?" seriously, buffers are for people with too much free time on their hands, and no life at all..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not sure comicgen actually enables using a buffer, though.

Especially since they seem to have a random delay on actually updating, once you put in your update. Or so people seem to keep complaining...

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 12, 2007, 09:44:11 AM
I'm not sure comicgen actually enables using a buffer, though.

Especially since they seem to have a random delay on actually updating, once you put in your update. Or so people seem to keep complaining...

you have no idea.. =p

right now comicgen's undergoing a server move, and thus services have been down the crapper as of late.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering if they want someone to look at the services they have and work up some sort of help with it... ;-]

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 12, 2007, 10:08:15 AM
I'm wondering if they want someone to look at the services they have and work up some sort of help with it... ;-]

given how one was without internet and the other was at AC last week, (as far as i know) things have been...interesting..  :U

Caswin

Quote from: kaskar on July 12, 2007, 07:35:02 AM
:mowhappy Saw an old pic that Amber did. I thought it was cute, so I think it deserves to be on this page for a day ...

[Snip]

8) This post will be removed within 24 hours. Hope Amber is still having fun relaxing on vacation ...   
...I think Amber's reaction in panel two perfectly mirrors mine.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

*Charline scoots in front of the camera*  Hello there!  Are you stricken with DDS (DMFA Deprivation Syndrome)?  Do you suffer from chills, night terrors, heart palpitations, and constant refreshing of your page in the hopes of an update?  If so, I can help!  Join "Charline's Menu" today, and pretty soon all your problems will disappear... permanently.   >:3

*Disclaimer: "Charline's Menu" does not guarantee survival of treatment.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

you ruined a perfectly good nap..  :U

*goes back to sleep on his tablet*

bill

iono that doesn't seem like a good idea to me

Zedd

Charline solves alot problems

llearch n'n'daCorna